shape
carat
color
clarity

help me find dream ring...can I do this for 100k

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second contacting IDJ they have found some really lovely large emerald cuts for people on budgets;

https://idjewelry.com/idjewelry-contact-us

Tell them Pricescopers sent you they will understand that and help you as much as possible.

ok, I can move up to 150 it looks like there is no way I can do this for 100:cry2:. There is that 10 ct that oh shiny sent but its 200k and I def cant do that. Any suggestions? Will this extra help? I really love the shape of the inspo ring. how its square and not octogon shape with semi flat table. looking for 12x12 or 13 x 11 ish. Thank you everyone for your help :wavey:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think you can get close to a 12x11/10 ish with the 150k budget. This ring is definitely not exact square, I believe it is Harry Winston? So I would shoot for an I VS2. I have seen plenty of ECs in an I color and the color doesn’t bug me in the least. I own one. Still looks very white to me. I agree, contact IDJ... as many vendors as possible because what you want is specific and you need many vendors hunting for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, the table is the flat part in the center of the stone. It is always flat. The upper part of the stone above the girdle is called the crown. It is a beautiful part of the diamond, and the smaller the table, the more crown you see. Don't go for a huge table and flat crown. With your budget, you should get a very well cut asscher. I look for tables of 65% or less on modern asschers. Antique stones usually have much smaller tables and nice high crowns. You are looking in a size range where there are few available, and I haven't seen any under $150,000 that are well cut and a good color in the size you want.

Last edited:
I think you can get close to a 12x11/10 ish with the 150k budget. This ring is definitely not exact square, I believe it is Harry Winston? So I would shoot for an I VS2. I have seen plenty of ECs in an I color and the color doesn’t bug me in the least. I own one. Still looks very white to me. I agree, contact IDJ... as many vendors as possible because what you want is specific and you need many vendors hunting for you.

Good eye......... yes its Harry Winston. This one might take some time:D

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh wow WOW!
Sorry I can’t help, but I just have to say I’m in love with almost every Diamond here :lickout:
Especially love the one The_mother_thing posted. That’s one of my dream rings...there are a few!!

‘Good Luck’ with your searching, with the help of these wonderfully knowledgable PSers I’m sure you will find your perfect Diamond.

Henk

Rough_Rock
Trade
May I suggest you look at radiant cut diamonds as well.
Radiant cuts tend to have a lot more brilliance compared to Asscher cut diamonds.
I can ask my diamond dealer friends if anything is available in Radiant or Asscher cut if you like?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I suggest you look at radiant cut diamonds as well.
Radiant cuts tend to have a lot more brilliance compared to Asscher cut diamonds.
I can ask my diamond dealer friends if anything is available in Radiant or Asscher cut if you like?

Radiant cuts have been out of fashion for years, and are cheaper because of that, and while yes, they have a faster scintillation pattern they look NOTHING like the stone the OP posted.

Radiant cuts have been out of fashion for years, and are cheaper because of that, and while yes, they have a faster scintillation pattern they look NOTHING like the stone the OP posted.

agree..I really want the look of the inspo ring. Clean and timeless

Diamond Daze

Rough_Rock
Try searching rarecarat.com most of the stones being suggested to you, even though from different stores come from the same database. Not unusual to see the same stone listed by two different stores at two different prices. For example right now on rarecarat.com there is a GIA 7.03 Asscher cut J VVS2 11.55x11.03x6.66. Enchanted Diamonds shows it for $140,550 while Adiamor shows the very same stone for $138,312. You can manipulate your search to get the most of what you want in your budget. Hope this helps.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How you rank the " Four Cs" will be determinative.:read:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawking my wares
You must tick the box declaring you are a Trade member in your profile if you are working in the jewellery business.

You also cannot hawk your wares on this forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results