shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find/design a setting!

Phasers

Rough_Rock
Hey guys/gals. Thanks for all the help in my choosing a stone. I ended up with a 1.4c J SI1 (eye-clean) H&A round cut from James Allen. Now I need to find the perfect setting for it, which believe it or not is seemingly more difficult than finding the stone was. I'm looking for something 18k white gold, or platinum (or what's this palladium stuff nowadays?). Anyways, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I saw this one from Scott Kay which I liked, but I don't see how it costs so much (almost $3k!).
http://www.topdiamondusa.com/engagement-rings/Scott-Kay-Paved-Round-Engagement-Ring-M1643R310-p-19216.aspx
Pic: ring_22.jpg

Does anyone know of similar style settings or can anyone suggest something? Any help would be very much appreciated. TIA!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked through all the settings at JA? That would be your easiest bet.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are paying some for the Scott Kay designer name. They do make high quality settings though and the price actually isn't crazy for all the pave and the particular design in that ring. You might try Pearlman's, they are Pricescope vendors and carry Scott Kay and get a quote from them. Be sure to tell them you are a pricescoper!

As for similar, I'd check out JA settings too b/c it really is much easier to get the diamond and setting from the same place if possible and see if they have anything close. If you really love the SK though, then close might not be good enough and I'd just get the real deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results