shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find / decide on a round emerald.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way GRS has the depth of the gemfactor emerald measurement below the girdle?
It doesn’t look like a Portuguese belly ——
Maybe slightly elongating the existing prongs is a better solution to getting it to fit than shaving off depth of the stone, if the depth is even an issue?

And that side view pic - do you think it’s sitting askew or the stone itself is abit wonky, if that matters?

It doesn’t matter - but that video from gemfactor slays me :love: :love: :love:
Shivers!!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way GRS has the depth of the gemfactor emerald measurement below the girdle?
It doesn’t look like a Portuguese belly ——
Maybe slightly elongating the existing prongs is a better solution to getting it to fit than shaving off depth of the stone, if the depth is even an issue?

And that side view pic - do you think it’s sitting askew or the stone itself is abit wonky, if that matters?

It doesn’t matter - but that video from gemfactor slays me :love: :love: :love:
Shivers!!!!

I only have the complete depth of the ring, though I’m sure I could ask. I do think the belly is a little bit wonky, but it’s not too bad, imo, so I’m not too worried about it. It doesn’t seem to have any windowing or glaring inclusions and that’s what I’m more concerned with.

I did speak to Sako who sounds pretty confident it will fit. I won’t be shaving off any part of the emerald, that much I can tell you. :-o
I’d rather have a new setting built from scratch if it came to that. lol.

I love the video too! It looks delicious and I think it would make a killer three stone.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's so so so pretty Elle. The Gem Factor one. It's delicious looking!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous choices, but I love the Gem Factor one for your ring :kiss2:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im a little late to the party, but would love to see the finished ring. What beautiful stone choices

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's so so so pretty Elle. The Gem Factor one. It's delicious looking!
Thank you. I did end up buying it and it is flipping stunning in person! I wish I could capture it on my camera but I haven’t had much luck on that front.

Here is my poor attempt:

They are both gorgeous choices, but I love the Gem Factor one for your ring :kiss2:
Thank you. I bought it and it’s gorgeous! I shared a video above.

Im a little late to the party, but would love to see the finished ring. What beautiful stone choices
Thank you. I hope to share a pic soon.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to update this thread. The emerald is with Sako. The fit into the preloved setting was a bit tight and he brought up “trimming” the stone, but that was a hard no as I don’t want to mess with it. He is rebuilding the prongs to fit the emerald. Hopefully, I will be able to share soon.

My photos are a garbage representation of the emerald but here’s one anyway. It’s so much more bright and vivid in person. It was one of those “oh wow” moments when I opened the package.

IMG_7884.jpeg

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
That emerald is so gorgeous, I might like her more than her paraiba friends in your collection!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Just to update this thread. The emerald is with Sako. The fit into the preloved setting was a bit tight and he brought up “trimming” the stone, but that was a hard no as I don’t want to mess with it. He is rebuilding the prongs to fit the emerald. Hopefully, I will be able to share soon.

My photos are a garbage representation of the emerald but here’s one anyway. It’s so much more bright and vivid in person. It was one of those “oh wow” moments when I opened the package.

IMG_7884.jpeg

@elle_71125 Trimming? Horrors, thank goodness you decided against it. I find it hard to take a good, representative pic of any stone, esp emerald, blue spinel and rubies. This round emerald looks gorgeous.

Timor

Shiny_Rock
It is stunning in the picture, can’t imagine how much more beautiful it is in person!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful emerald! Can't wait to see the final result!!! :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That emerald is so gorgeous, I might like her more than her paraiba friends in your collection!
Oh wow, that’s high praise in my book. Though I’ll admit, this emerald may just be a new favorite for me too. :mrgreen:

@elle_71125 Trimming? Horrors, thank goodness you decided against it. I find it hard to take a good, representative pic of any stone, esp emerald, blue spinel and rubies. This round emerald looks gorgeous.
I know right?! I get it from his perspective, but I wasn’t willing to do it. I’d rather remake the setting if need be.

I agree some gems are harder to capture than others. I don’t have an emerald but I have noticed they are tough to photograph too. I have a couple tsavorites and a mint garnet that are also damn near impossible to capture. I guess all we can do is keep trying.

:mrgreen: :love: :mrgreen: :love:
Hubba hubba
Thank you! I can not wait to see the finished product. I’m gaining a new found love for three stone rings. :mrgreen:

Such a gorgeous color!! Can’t wait to see it set!
Thank you! :kiss2: I adore the color. Hopefully it will be done before too long so I can share some more pics.

It is stunning in the picture, can’t imagine how much more beautiful it is in person!
Thank you! :kiss2: I looked at so many vendor photos and videos before I purchased it, and I was still blown away when I opened the box. I can’t believe I get to call it mine.

Beautiful emerald! Can't wait to see the final result!!! :mrgreen:
Thank you! Hopefully I can share it soon.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!! She is gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: Congratulations!!

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Wow @elle_71125 she is gorgoeus! The emerald is divine, and must be more so in person if you can capture that much color and depth and glow in photos!

How was your experience with gemfactor? I'm on the slow hunt for a stone for my 50th next year, and have been looking at them. I inquired about pricing and they seem to be between George at Muzo and the folks at Bright Green Stones. (I asked about 2-3 carats, old mine or vivid or alpine color, minimal inclusions, minor oil or better, to try and decrease the variables).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results