shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a yellow sapphire

amertrine

Rough_Rock
I'm a first time hunter for a colored stone. I would like to make a birthstone necklace and my favourite color is yellow... hence yellow sapphire. This is the necklace that I want and after reading lots of posts on here LOGR seems to be a respected seller for the price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370535066939#ht_7019wt_908
So I'm after an approx. 5x7mm yellow sapphire oval.
I've found a few sapphires but nothing has screamed 'pick me' nor do I really know what a good one should look like. I know I like bright lemoney looking stones and that I should avoid 'window's but thats it.
I will send up a few photos once I've worked out how to do it!
Please help me find a great stone and educate me along the way......
Thanks,
-Amertrine

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I want do a search on the NSC here on PS...there are many who do not care for them as they treat their photos etc. I would personally advise against them.

Do you have a budget? Do you care if it is heated?

This is a little bit bigger then what you want but you can LOGR adjust the setting to fit it. Tan can also cert the sapphire for you for cheap.

2.38ct yellow Sapphire: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-38ct-Extraordinary-Beautiful-Canary-Yellow-Sapphire-/250665959470?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item3a5cdb002e

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please buy the stone first. A setting can usually be customised - not all but most can. Limiting yourself to a certain length/width/depth is a killer and will make your search considerably harder.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Lovingdiamonds>I am not rigidly sticking to the 8x6mm size. I just though it would be a nice size for a pendant. But I will take your advice be more flexible to make the search easier. Thanks.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621>I would like to stay under the $500 mark. But maybe thats unrealistic. I would prefer it untreated/heated but I could happily accept a stone that was heated if it was beautiful.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Athenaworth>Thanks for the suggestions but they are all a bit too.....full on YELLOW.... for me if you know what I mean. I know most PSers love the strong colors and canary yellow diamonds are the most valuable but I would love a little bit of bright spring sunshine on my finger. I do love the help tho!

This one is too big, the wrong shape and completely beyond my budget but I LOVE the color. Its the loveliest color I've ever seen....

What do y'all think? I don't even know what you call this color.....ant ideas?

a little ball of sunshine.jpg

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing vinkalmann- that is a beauty.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would say that colour was 'straw'. not very sexy but probably accurate!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results