shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a wedding band (with fluorescence)

looking4d

Rough_Rock
Im looking for a wedding band for myself (a guy) but I want a single diamond in there with STRONG fluorescence.
I think the idea of a stone that glows is awesome.

I don't need the stone to be big...how small do diamonds come in? .1 of a carat?

Of course I would prefer it to be part of the wedding band, but if need be, I will get a single stone and have it put in a band.

Any ideas on where I can look?
I dont mind the internet or in person (I live in NY)

I bought my fiance's engagement ring from Brian Gavin (thanks for the recommendation everyone!) but I think he's a little high end for my ring.

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try ID Jewelry - www.idjewelryonline.com - they're in NY though you can buy online as well, they recently found stones w/ strong blue fluor for one PSer (circe's bezel milgrain studs, if you want to look up her post & pics in SMTB) who was very happy. Lower pricepoints than BGD/WF/etc.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1304792378|2914905 said:
I would try ID Jewelry - www.idjewelryonline.com - they're in NY though you can buy online as well, they recently found stones w/ strong blue fluor for one PSer (circe's bezel milgrain studs, if you want to look up her post & pics in SMTB) who was very happy. Lower pricepoints than BGD/WF/etc.

Seriously, I should change my PS name to Fluor, since, speak of the devil ....

It depends on what sort of a band you're planning on. If you want an eternity band, honestly, it's harder to get a band without any fluorescence than with: a high percentage of stones fluoresce in one way or another. If you want strong fluor, that can take some searching, and if you want strong eye-visible fluor, that can bring you into "collector" territory. It also depends on the size of the stone(s) you want: stones smaller than .30 or so are rarely certed, which means you'll basically need a vendor to grab a bag of melee, pop it under a black light, pick out the fluorescing stones, and go from there. I second Yssie's suggestions: I had a wonderful experience with ID Jewelry, and I had called around to almost all the PS vendors. I hope you get what you want, and I hope you post pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results