shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a stone...my sister was almost proposed to with a scratched CZ!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I need some help finding a stone. My older sister''s boyfriend asked my parents for her hand in marriage and my mom gave him an antique setting that was passed down to her from her mom. His mother gave him a stone and he went to a local jeweler to have it re-sized and set. Poor guy! They called him back and gently let him know that it was not a real diamond. He is soo embarrassed
15.gif
(and I bet upset with his Mother!).

He wants to get her .75c. I''m pretty new to PS, so all the help I can pass on to him would be greatly appreciated! I advised him to get an ideal cut (I have a H&A''s and love it!) and I think if he stayed in the near colorless range and eye-clean it will be beautiful no matter what the size!

What do you think is feasible for under $2k? Of course the cheaper the better and the bigger the better, but when you want an ideal cut something has to give!

Thanks in advance!

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:38:28 PM
Author: february2003bride
Can he go slightly over $2K? This one is $2300
Thanks for searching! I really appreciate it but I think he wants to stay under, maybe more like $1,500. So if its smaller, thats okay.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This stone is probably worth getting more info on. With the PS discount and a simple setting it should come in near his budget.

ETA: under 2k that is. Under 1.5K for the whole thing will be tough to get to .75

ETAA: Here's a potentially nice old cut stone from OWD if he wants to mimic the old ring.

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:49:02 PM
Author: mercoledi
This stone is probably worth getting more info on. With the PS discount and a simple setting it should come in near his budget.

ETA: under 2k that is. Under 1.5K for the whole thing will be tough to get to .75

ETAA: Here''s a potentially nice old cut stone from OWD if he wants to mimic the old ring.
Those are both great. I''m excited to show him these! THANKS so much mercoledi
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
For the JA stone, you should request the image, report, and an idealscope image if possible.

For the stone at OWD, I would just call and ask what they think of that particular stone.

Chech that either is eye-clean as well. Is 1500 for the stone only, or the whole ring?

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 7:12:11 PM
Author: mercoledi
For the JA stone, you should request the image, report, and an idealscope image if possible.

For the stone at OWD, I would just call and ask what they think of that particular stone.

Chech that either is eye-clean as well. Is 1500 for the stone only, or the whole ring?
Great ideas, will do. $1500 give or take for just the stone. Thanks again!

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
how about this one from GOG? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4692/

0.65 ct but still 5.56 x 5.59 x 3.45mm, and totally within budget at $1,365.00 with PS Discount.. J, VS2, GIA Ex/Ex/Ex with a good 1.1 HCA score Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg..

just check with GOG regarding the eye-cleanliness with the 2 spots right in the centre of the table..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good suggestions team!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

eternallyhis

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 11:55:45 PM
Author: blastdoor
how about this one from GOG? http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4692/

0.65 ct but still 5.56 x 5.59 x 3.45mm, and totally within budget at $1,365.00 with PS Discount.. J, VS2, GIA Ex/Ex/Ex with a good 1.1 HCA score Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg..

just check with GOG regarding the eye-cleanliness with the 2 spots right in the centre of the table..
I love this one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results