shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a stack ring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! Everyone has been super helpful!! There are some really pretty ones there too! There is so much out there! I like so many of them...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 4:53:03 PM
Author: wen104
Have you tried overstock.com, they have some really cute stacking rings in all differnet colors and stone''s! They are also a nice price so you could get a couple
31.gif
I acutally have been scoping some out cause they are about $100 and they have them in every color of sapphire you can think of! Just some fun for me and nothing really expensive, the one I attached is blue sapphire and they are all about 1mm. So you can stack lots. Hope you find some soon that you like!
When I was looking at some of the rings, the prongs looked black
33.gif
. Did it look like that to anyone else?? Has anyone bought from there?

lorijson

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2008 10:52:19 AM
Author: Sparkles22
Those are really pretty! How thin are they? Do you think they would let me do 2 rose gold ones and 1 white gold instead of yellow gold?

I am looking for a slightly ''thick'' one by stack ring standards (like 2.5-3mm) because I will be wearing it solo for a little while.
I actually had to contact Lauren Klein directly for something and she was SO helpful, so I''m sure she will let you buy two rose gold and one white gold. I am SO happy with these...and you can create so many combinations!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi sparkles! As you know, I just bought a set of stacking bands in rose gold & white gold & diamonds from Laurenklien.com and I love them.

I also ordered the Ross-Simons band, but I returned it for two reasons. First, the diamonds weren''t set in a straight line all around the band, they were kind of sloppily set. Then when I called to see if I could exchange it, they told me that the rose gold stacking band was sold out & wouldn''t be reordered, so they only had that particular ring in white or yellow gold. I found that the quality of the diamonds was also not as nice as the ones from lauren Klein.

I had also ordered a set of white & rose gold stacking rings with diamonds from overstock.com that I returned immediately - the diamonds looked grey & were not sparkly.

Laurenklien only sells as low as size 5 on her web site, but I think they will custom make smaller sizes. Originally, I just ordered the one rose gold band to see how I liked it. Since I loved it, I ordered the other two bands to match. Because they didn''t have any in stock in size 5 at the time, Lauren had them made for me. So, I think that generally they are very helpful. I don''t think that you''ll find anything else as nice as her rings for the price. I may end up getting some more stacking rings from her in the future :)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey Vespergirl,
I got my two rose gold eternity bands from lauren klein and I would not recommend them.

One arrived with a diamond missing and the other one started to turn to white gold after a day of wear. I thought I was going crazy, so I used a jewelers cloth to polish it and the whole ring turned to white gold. I think the rings are rose gold plated, not real rose gold rings which means after a while, they will turn white. I used the same cloth to polish my other rose gold pieces just to make sure and everything stayed rose gold.

When I emailed her to let her know that I thought the ring was rose gold plated, she didn''t respond, she just said to mail it back and I would get a full refund.

I returned both of them this week and am just waiting for the refund.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow butterfly, I''m so sorry to hear about your rings! I''m really surprised to hear that - I''ve cleaned my rose gold rings from Lauren Klein several times in both ammonia solution and with my Jewel Jet, and there is no problem with the gold changing color or losing diamonds. I wonder if she just brings them in from different vendors/jewelry makers and we got ours from different sources? Either way, what happened to yours was totally unacceptable & you should get a refund.

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Lorijson - do you have any hand shots of your Lauren Klein rings? They look pretty on the website, but the size is kind of hard to picture. Thanks!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Re: black prongs on the overstock rings -

They are black - they''re dipped in black rhodium. I''ve seen similar bands in person, and wasn''t really a fan, but mostly because I didn''t like how they looked with my w-band. The black color does make the colored stones pop, but it''s a very modern look which isn''t what I was looking for. I just purchased the yellow sapphire one, though and it has yellow rhodium dipped prongs, which I really like a lot. The two-tone effect is nice and I like how the yellow rhodium blends in with the yellow stones.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sparkles22,
I don''t know if you found any new bands, but I did find one from Firenze Jewelers that has pink diamonds in rose gold full eternity. It is something like $900, but $800 if you want it half eternity.

Also, there is one at Bailey, Banks, and Biddle, it is rose gold with white diamonds and eternity as well, it is $450. I am going to go look at it tomorrow or on Sunday. Right now they are running a Mother''s day sale, so if you spend $500, you get $100 off.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the Firenze one. MaryAlaina has this ring, if you do a search for her threads, you can see IRL pictures.

pink diamond pink gold band.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 10:21:10 AM
Author: mrssalvo
check out the beverley K rings on pearlmans site. they will make anything in pink/rose gold so if you see a style you like you can easily have it made the way you want.

link to BK

Yes, ask for Julian. He is quite helpful with BK and has had to do some research for me! You can replace any of the diamonds with sapphire, any color gold, add a sizing bar, get it without milgrain....it is custom but WITHOUT the price of custom.

JaxBradGG

Rough_Rock
A company that is good is Joliedesigns. some nice styles but slightly more expensive.

http://www.joliedesigns.com/stackable/

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 1:17:56 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Also, there is one at Bailey, Banks, and Biddle, it is rose gold with white diamonds and eternity as well, it is $450. I am going to go look at it tomorrow or on Sunday. Right now they are running a Mother''s day sale, so if you spend $500, you get $100 off.

Butterfly, do you have a link to the BB&B band? sounds like exactly what i''ve been looking for (at a good price too). i couldn''t find it on their web site
33.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:05:52 PM
Author: chickpea

Butterfly, do you have a link to the BB&B band? sounds like exactly what i''ve been looking for (at a good price too). i couldn''t find it on their web site
33.gif

Hey chickpea,
Unfortunately I don''t have a link. I called the store and spoke to my SP there and just inquired about a thin rose gold stack ring with diamonds and she told me what she had in the store. I am going to check it out on Sat. or Sunday and if they allow it, I will take pictures for you.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 2:32:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 5/2/2008 1:27:39 PM
Here is a picture of the Firenze one. MaryAlaina has this ring, if you do a search for her threads, you can see IRL pictures.
I love their site.. I get lost in it. Actually, MaryAlaina has a couple rings from them with pink diamonds..

Yeah, I love their site as well. I love picking things out that I will never be able to afford and dreaming about them. Currently there is this simon g ring that I love, not a new piece, but my current Firenze must-have.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:05:52 PM
Author: chickpea

33.gif
Well, I went there today and was not impressed with the ones that were $450. They were very thin, less than 2 mm, maybe even 1.5 mm and they were only semi-eternity.

But, they did have one that was a full eternity and about 2mm or so, for $600. It was set in a micropave style, very similar to the Ritani''s I have and 18kt gold.

I went ahead and ordered two of them after putting them on either side of a 3mm. solitaire and they looked so nice, just like this Simon G setting that I really like.

I took pictures with my camera phone, but they came out really bad. Once I get them (she said 4 weeks), I will post pics.

Oh, I ordered them today because I had that coupon and she let me use one coupon for both rings (so I saved $200, instead of just $100).

I also bought the care kit because she told me that if they ever need to be resized or I lose a diamond, it would be covered with the kit.
I have never bought an eternity before because I was always worried about resizing issues (my finger went from a 4.75 to a 5.25/5.5 in the past 14 years). I can''t wear my original wedding band at all because of this.

Anyway, I will keep you guys updated on the new rings.

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the update butterfly - can''t wait to see pics of your new rings!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sparkles, I found this ring on ice.com. It is not too bad, .5o ctw. in rose gold eternity 14 kt. 3mm band. It is $475, free shipping, no tax depending on where you live.

Here is the link- http://www.ice.com/customer/product_detail.jsp?product=147550306

They also have a 30 day return policy with free returns (they email you a return UPS prepaid label) and they have a 5 month payment plan, similar to QVC, so you would just pay $95 for five months, but still receive the ring the first month.

If you don't like it, just ship it back and they refund you what you paid already.

I liked it so much, I ordered one myself! I figure what do I have to lose, if I don't love it, I wll return it and the payment plan is such a great option if I do.

Coatimundi, if you are out there, watch out, I am onto you, girl....LOL! I will be your rose gold nemesis.

rose gold diamond band.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
MMmm this one makes me happy.

Sometimes sundance jewelry has really interesting handcrafted rings. It might not be what you are looking for, but its fun to browse ;-)

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/sdx/H23144.jsp

redenv.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got the rose gold stacker ring today from ice.com.

All I can say is wow! I am very impressed with their fast shipping, I ordered it on Wed., it shipped out Thursday and they upgraded me to overnight shipping and I got it today at 12 noon.

The ring itself is fabulous. I am impressed with the workmanship, the diamonds are bright and not tiny chips, the ring has weight to it, it does not feel like it will be bending or breaking anytime soon.

I put it through my own personal test, I polished it with a polishing cloth to see if the rose gold would wear off, then I threw it in the ultrasonic for a quick spin to see if any diamonds would pop out. Twice!

Nothing happened.
36.gif

I will take pictures later when I am more awake.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for keeping us updated & I can''t wait to see modelling pics!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, Butterfly, I like that - a LOT!

I can''t wait to see pics of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results