shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a setting, or is there such a kind?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the bezet settings. Is there any setting similar to the bezet setting that the diamond can be prong set just slightly above the "bezel-like" setting? I love the thin bezel setting, but the reason I ask about prongs is I'm thinking it will be harder on my diamond to be bezel set then removed if I change my mind. I like the plain shank halo settings, but just can't find the perfect one, and I think I'd love the clean look of a shiny, thin, plain rim around the center stone. Any ideas for me?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! Those are both really nice. I like the more delicate look of the JA one. I have admired those! Is there such a thing as something like the JA setting that has prongs instead of being bezel set? Sort of like a halo minus the diamonds?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
imthepreacherswife|1313117601|2989048 said:
Thanks guys! Those are both really nice. I like the more delicate look of the JA one. I have admired those! Is there such a thing as something like the JA setting that has prongs instead of being bezel set? Sort of like a halo minus the diamonds?
I haven't seen one but maybe someone else has...I am sure you could get one custom made though. There are definitely older 'illusion' settings that have sort of a halo of metal

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I've thought about the illusion setting, but not sure I like the vintage look (for myself). I ran upon this setting from Unique Settings http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/show/25733
It isn't prong set, but curious about what you all think of it and if anyone has anything similar.

I think I would like the high-polished look, the simplicity, and the fact that a band would sit flush and there are no prongs to catch on things. But, do you guys think it's a trendy look, or could it be a classic look? I love the thoughts of a tiffany style setting, but my diamond is just not large enough for the look I want. I'm hoping a setting like this will give it a little push! It's .70ct.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks bunches!!! :D

That thread makes me want that setting even more!!!! Do you think only a .70ct stone would look ok in it though?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
You PSers are simply the best! Thanks for the links and ideas, and for taking the time to answer my questions. As much as I love my 3 stone, I yearn for a different look. I've had so many different ideas lately that it gives me a headache trying to make a decision~~~but that's the good kind of headache :D

My ideas have been "simple halo with plain shank" ~ can't find one just right...

"a bezel" ~ lovin' that idea at the moment!

"1 to 1.25ctw 5 stone upgrade" ~ lovin' that idea at the moment too~

"a tiffany style 6 prong setting" ~ afraid it wouldn't look like quite enough for me...
....AND it continues and varies !!!! lol

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh yes, I've seen those from WF! LOVE LOVE those! Would be exactly perfect, but just a little bit pricey perhaps. I also have the worry about losing a pave stone, which led me to the bezel settings :) Gosh, they are gorgeous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a plain shank halo. And I think I have the best of both worlds. Relatively low maintenance but with the boost of a halo. If you get high quality pave... then you are okay. Just make sure you have a warranty and that any lost stones will be replaced free of charge (including shipping).

I have to say that compared to what I paid for mine the WF settings are quite reasonable. Personally I like the cathedral profile of the Selene and the actual halo of the Guinevere-- one row of one pointers. Although I would want the supporting wires from the gallery of the Guinevere even with a cathedral. Plus they are pretty.

A bezel gives you a boost but it's not much of one. And i think going to a solitaire isn't going to make you happy after a three stone.

Steven Kirsch did my halo, and the work is immaculate. I would also work with Victor Canera for a plain shank halo. I haven't see WF pave. But I have seen BGD and it is very nice and BGD gives you a one year warranty on their settings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy%20with%20Steven%20Kirsch%20Halo%201_0.jpg
Gypsy%20with%20Steven%20Kirsch%20Halo_0.jpg

These are mine.
DSCN0698.jpg DSCN0697.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This doesn't solve the issue of having prongs to make it easier to remove the diamond, but this Sholdt setting gives the advantages of the bezel without pave. Compared to a full bezel, the partial bezel looks lighter, has more of a flowing transition to the shank, and allows you to see more of the center stone. Pearlman's Jewelers sells this setting on their site, and there are a few PSers with this setting.

sholdt.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Girls, what great ideas you have, and GOSH, so many choices!

Gypsy, your ring is beautiful!!! LOVE!!!

I'm REALLY loving the semi bezel idea AND the simple halo. I'm gonna have to do a lot of thinking and trying on.

Right now I'm "trying out" this ring to see if I like the halo idea...I already had a nice little .46 ct diamond, so I picked up this great little halo at a B&M today. I thought if I wear this a day or so, I can figure out if it's the look I'm after. I'm really loving it so far, except I already know I want a plain shank, which this one doesn't have, and one that will sit flush with a band, (this one does not), but it's still really pretty! See what you think...

halohs1.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
...and another one

ETA Any comments good or bad are welcome! I value an honest opinion and you won't hurt my feelings. I'm a size 6.5, a halo may not be flattering to my hand???? Or do you think more so flattering than my 3 stone? I'm so undecided! :D

haloprofile.jpg

halohold.jpg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple pics for reference...My 3 stone, and and a halo with a plain shank..

2bands.jpg

side2.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think the halo looks really nice on your finger :appl:

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, thanks Central :) Do you like the round halo, or the cushion shaped one?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I like the round one. I'm not a fan of halos that don't have the same outline as the center stone (so a round in a square halo). I think it's a personal preference though. They are both beautiful!

Are you leaning towards one?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I believe I do love the round! :)

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
The round looks just stunning on you :)

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, thanks! I'm still loving the plain bezel look tooooooo! Eeeek!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the round halo on your hand. I think one with a thinner plain shank that allows for a flush fit wedding band will look fabulous on you!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! That's exactly what I love! Oh, and if I had a larger diamond, the semi bezel would win my heart with it's smoothness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results