shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a radiant (2-2.5 ct)!

spe

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Looking for a 2-2.5 carat radiant for my wife. The diamonds on the band that will go along with this ring are F color. So I was thinking I probably don't want to go too far off of that? Maybe G-H, what do you think? Eye clean SI1? I've read some threads on radiants and it seems quite complex trying to figure out what's high quality. If it was a round I would make a go of it myself, but it's not so here I am! Would appreciate any help in finding a stone that you guys think is good quality.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want to give us a budget or you can afford the specs you posted? We usually just start to post then people come back
and tell us that certain stones are out of their budget so kind of defeats the purpose.

Edit...are you looking for an elongated radiant or more square?

spe

Rough_Rock
Hi! Do you think I can get what I want for under or around 20?
That is a great question! She had mentioned in passing which she preferred but now I can't remember!! :roll2: Let me try to figure that out.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does help...definitely elongated. It looks like she also wants/likes halos.

There are basically two (to generalize) different types of elongated radiants. One type has some bigger flashes as well as smaller flashes and the
other has mostly smaller, twinkly flashes. It really helps to get an ASET image to see how well the light is returning light. Some vendors can provide
them, some cant. You have to ask. Also, pay more attention to the LxW because stones can vary greatly at the same carat weight.

Smaller, twinkly flashes... (you can find them with even smaller flashes but I'm not good at picking those out)

Mix of some smaller and some bigger flashes... Some people might try to tell you that these have bow-ties. They do not have bow-ties, Bow-ties
are dark and tend to stay dark. These facets through the center are returning light nicely which makes for good scintillation. On the other hand,
your wife may or may not like the look of these or the other type above.

spe

Rough_Rock
Thanks! In general, is one or the other considered better and therefore more expensive? Or is the bigger flashes with small flashes vs all small flashes completely personal preference?

spe

Rough_Rock
Also I know I said 2-2.5. But I think I need to be around 2.2 min.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew @tyty333 would suggest the E VS2 and G VS1 from JA.

I particularly like the E VS2s from JA and BN.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha @flyingpig ! You know me too well!

@spe Dude...we're going to go over your budget...you ok with that? I mean Sir, we're going to go over your
assessed resource for this project. Have you considered the implications and are you willing to accept the new terms? :lol-2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So part of the problem that I'm finding on BN is that even though the carat weight is higher than the ones I've previously posted the LxW is not
any greater.

Here's one that is actually bigger LxW but I'm not sure how I feel about it
There is this 2.7 but not sure how I feel about it either. Big table

Only one I could find at JA that I like
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/2.50-carat-f-color-si1-clarity-sku-9209549 has a little something on the table but hopefully eye-clean

The other issue I'm having is that a lot of them have inclusions on the table that might be visible at SI1 (and VS2) clarities. I try to stay away from inclusions
on the table but radiants tend to have big tables so its not easy from that perspective.

If you want to try to work with a vendor that knows radiants pretty well I can recommend DiamondsbyLauren.

spe

Rough_Rock
LOL. $20k already makes me queasy! I don't mind being around there...like $21. But after this we still have to get the setting, so I need to save some for that!

spe

Rough_Rock
Looking like there's nothing out there that you guys like that fits my criteria? Are there other sites besides bluenile and jamesallen that we can search? If we're sticking with those sites, how often would I expect new radiants to show up?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both seem to have a little something on the table you would need to ask about. Thats all I'm finding at the higher carat weight.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/2.51-carat-h-color-vs2-clarity-sku-9136151 actually this is the same stone at a slightly lower price

So you do know that most stones are held by the cutter/owner and those same stones are sold by different vendors.

So another option is to call ID Jewelry who usually has pretty good priced jewelry/stones and tell them you are looking to get a
particular stone and what price can they get it for? Say the stone below that is slightly out of your budget. You will probably want to
speak to Yekutiel (the head guy...very nice btw). I think it is pronounced Yeh-que-tee-elle with the emphasis on the que syllable. So thats
another option you can try. You can google pricescope and ID Jewelry or Yekutiel and see that a lot of us have purchased from them.
(the 9 stone in my avatar is from IDJ).

Sites may be short on stones due to covid-19. Supposedly the cutters had to quit cutting for a time??? I'm not sure of the whole story.

spe

Rough_Rock
Great info, thanks! How is that 2.51 H a VS2??? That inclusion looks pretty serious.

Ok, if I decided to blow past my budget you said you like this one....

I see the inclusion on the table, but it's not dark so I'm guessing it might be hard to see in real life. But other than that do we LOVE this one?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both those you posted look pretty good. Ask if you can get an aset image for them. Post them if you can. Not everyone can provide them though.

The last one you posted reminds me of the faceting pattern on this one that I posted earlier (but it was too small.)

spe

Rough_Rock
I think both those you posted look pretty good. Ask if you can get an aset image for them. Post them if you can. Not everyone can provide them though.

The last one you posted reminds me of the faceting pattern on this one that I posted earlier (but it was too small.)

The one from two posts ago is gone, not available any longer.

So you like that last one? 2.34 cts but the length/width area is as big or bigger than some 2.5s I've looked at. D color...jeez! I will ask for an aset.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your search! It's nice to see so much Radiant love lately! :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like the one from Yekutiel better...its bigger and has a better color. I think it will have better light return then the one
that is now gone (although it looks to be a nice stone too). Post the aset when you get it. Aset of radiants is never perfect.
You want to see a fair amount of red and green and minimal white/black depending on the background color.

spe

Rough_Rock

spe

Rough_Rock
I just talked to Yekutiel on the phone. He says the diamond he showed me is the bomb of all bomb radiants. =)2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just talked to Yekutiel on the phone. He says the diamond he showed me is the bomb of all bomb radiants. =)2

Then cough up the Aset Yekutiel!:P2=)2

I misspoke when I said the Yekutiel stone was bigger...you're right it is longer but not as wide...so not bigger.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In regarss to light return, that thing is 10/10 for a very elongated radiant.

spe

Rough_Rock
Yekutiel asets: GIA 7351133471-Officelight black-01.jpg GIA 7351133471-IdealScope-01.jpg GIA 7351133471-ASET white-01.jpg GIA 7351133471-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results