Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Design a Super Summer Ring!

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
Enough of this year and this winter. Let's plan for summer 2021!

All input super appreciated! Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- Center stone about 5 carats, bright blue green or bright yellow. Round, cushion or oval.

- Yellow gold, with white gold around the diamonds, if there are any diamonds

- Casual, everyday summer ring to be worn with cut off shorts and such.

- Theme of summer/beach/nautical but in an understated way. So no tentacles, sand dollars, mermaid heads, etc.

- Maybe a fish scale design engraved on the band.

- Maybe some small pieces of inlaid mother of pearl included.

- Not too chunky

- Not amorphous, lumpy or asymmetrical (I found a lot of that when I googled things like "Caribbean ring" and "ocean ring")

- Maybe some kind of background of gold filigree that looks like a (fishing) net

- Thin band

Any ideas, drawings or photos for me? :)

Last edited:

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
I think I can narrow it down to this stone color. I want a blue-green stone that reminds me of the Caribbean and swimming pools.

The ring below is for sale on 1st Dibs but listed at nearly a quarter of a million USD, so proooobbably not that one. :)

paraiba stone.jpeg

ETA: Oops, sorry the pic is so big.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
These are not it but they have the right vibe (I want a larger center stone and no colored sidestones except possibly white inlaid mother of pearl). I like the band detail on the second ring:

beach ring.jpg

beach ring2.jpg

Last edited:

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of my Asscher cut blue Zircon would suit the summer theme:

How about bezel setting the main stone in Yellow Gold, with a baguette of pink stone of some sort in NESW in the halo as accents, for the rest of the halo to be in a lighter pink stone?

DK :))

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I'm getting closer to what I want or maybe I should just pick something tried and true before I spend a lot of money on something that turns out to be butt ugly.

Anyway, One idea for the ring top is MOP with an openwork gold design on top and the blue-green gem in the middle.

beachring1.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'll give up on the mother of pearl side stone idea. I can't find many examples that look good and also, even though it would be inlaid, it could still probably crack pretty easily.

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
I probably won't get around to this until summertime but here's another inspo pic. Maybe a more narrow oval (possibly paraiba YAG) and the whole ring, top and band, slimmed down also, not too chunky. I want the center stone to remind me of swimming pools or the Caribbean.

My idea about including some mother of pearl might not work but at least some kind of fishnet or fish scale design on it somewhere, at least a couple of diamonds and maybe a tiny clamshells or something along those lines on each side where the band meets the top piece. I want it to be casual and beachy without being too "souvenir shop." I might also have an airline between the center stone and the surrounding gold so I could have two interchangeable stones, with the other stone being bright yellow. More ideas welcome. :)

idea paraiba.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Brilliant_Rock
Come to think of it, maybe I should have a bracelet made instead. It would have more space for everything I want to incorporate.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Style File: Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    Diamond Prices - January 2021
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds
    The Magic of Pink and Blue Diamonds

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.