shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide, Prong or Bezel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi PS''''s,

I have a choice and i''''m having trouble deciding. I originaly wanted my cushion Bezel set. When the first set of CAD''''s for the ring design cam back they had Prongs, Mark at ERD has re-done The CAD''''s for me with the Bezel, but now i''''m not so sure. Something seems a little off on the Bezel, not sure if it is just the CAD or it will look a little off in real life. Whenever we have looked at similar prong & bezel set rings in the jewlers my girlfriend and I always seem to prefer the bezel. What does everyone think, Prong or Bezel?

Pictures to follow

Original CAD''''s can be seen here Here
Diamond info can be seen here Here

Bezel

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
Last photo, Bezel

cadb5ss.jpg

momofthree

Rough_Rock
I think it''s just the CAD design. Go with your gut and get it bezeled. I have a 5 cushion diamond ring in semi bezel and it is beautiful. The prongs may take away from the beauty of the setting.

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
I say bezel. gives things a little definition. what a gorgeous piece!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for prongs. IMHO, I think the look is a little more delicate although it could just be the CAD.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought for sure I would choose bezel but after looking I prefer the prongs.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I would--and did--go with the prongs. I think the bezel makes the center stone look smaller and the design doesn''t flow together the way the prong setting does.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the prong look too - also because it seems more delicate and in keeping with the style/colour combo :)
beautiful!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I vote bezel

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer prong set halos.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I like both looks, but I think the prongs make the cushion look bigger and the prongs don''t take away from that beautiful stone!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for prongs, but either way it''s going to be stunning :)

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I vote prongs all the way

SmallSparkle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your votes, I agree with the reasons for both options. The decision has finally been made....

Bezel

I was about to go with prong as per the popular vote here when something caught my eye. The bezel halo has room for 16 pink diamonds
31.gif
, the prong only has room for 14. So in the end i am going with size. The extra 2 halo stones should push the ring just over 2ct tdw
36.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
i like the bezel look better - NOT just because I''m a bezel freak :)

i like the definition it gives, makes it "pop"

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like bezeled halos better.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Bezel! I think they''re more beautiful, besides...prongs can get caught on stuff- and be knocked loose.
40.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the prong set ring. It is more delicate and will allow for more light through the setting. I think it is beautiful for your setting.
However either would be stunning
30.gif

ETA I see you chose the bezel setting. I am sure it will be beautiful!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Prongs no question about it to me. Prongs will look so much more delicate and blend much nicer with the pink diamonds.

With a cad and cast setting, there will be more visible metal already and I really wouldn't want to see the lines of the beautiful pink diamonds and your cushion cut up by a bezel.

Don't get me wrong - I love bezels and have several bezels but I just don't think it is right for this ring. If you want to go the bezel route, you should just change the whole design to be closer to the Tiffany Legacy. However, I think your original design is much nicer.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Love love love those claw prongs!!!
36.gif

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like your guts are saying Bezel.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the prongs because I think it flows better. However, when done right a bezel in the halo can be really lovely. When I think of bezel set halos I think of the Tiffany Legacy and I definitely don''t think that the bezel takes away from the ring. Go with your gut! CADS so often look more bulky than the finished ring will look, right?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Love the claw prongs!!! But it''s what you like that matters in the end.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I like the delicacy of the prongs.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 1:51:44 AM
Author: SmallSparkle
Thanks for all your votes, I agree with the reasons for both options. The decision has finally been made....

Bezel

I was about to go with prong as per the popular vote here when something caught my eye. The bezel halo has room for 16 pink diamonds
31.gif
, the prong only has room for 14. So in the end i am going with size. The extra 2 halo stones should push the ring just over 2ct tdw
36.gif

I''m glad you made a decision! I would have voted for bezel too.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like bezel better too, but I think I''d add milgraining to the bezel to make it a little more fancy ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results