shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on a setting for my 2.01 antique carat pear!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovely people!!! I am not too far away from finalizing my purchase and sending the stone to Victor Canera to set her!!

I will be haloing the centre and am trying to decide whether to do the emilya or split shank or three stone!!!

Would love ideas and inspiration to keep it elegant timeless and amazing!!

_945.png

_946.png

_1949.jpeg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Help me decide on a setting for my 2.01 antique carat pe

More pics

_1950.jpeg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I don't think you could wrong with any of the three, gorgeous pear! :love: I'm a huge fan of a 3 stone pear rings but i think she deserves to be solo. Does it matter to you that you're able to wear a band flush with it? I think my vote is split shank.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Halo with split shank!!!!! :love: I love split shanks on both pears and ovals!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1455211324|3989773 said:
Halo with split shank!!!!! :love: I love split shanks on both pears and ovals!

+1!! Something about the split shank on a pear just makes me swoon! :lickout:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the split shank will look amazing and then some!!!! I am SO in love with that (your) pear!! :love:

When she's done you must post lots and lots of photos so I can visit her often. :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think a split shank would be lovely. My only suggestion is doing it bright set,because I think the fluidity of the melee accentuates the shape of both the slip and the pear.

And you could millgrain it if you where so inclined.

leonmege_1150943343388339700_186614298.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Niel|1455220924|3989824 said:
I think a split shank would be lovely. My only suggestion is doing it bright set,because I think the fluidity of the melee accentuates the shape of both the slip and the pear.

And you could millgrain it if you where so inclined.

I agree with the brightcut suggestion. I think pears look amazing with bright cut pave with 1/2 pointers.

I don't like the wide split shanks though. Especially not on your chubby outline .

This is a setting, before the pave is applied. I think this but with your pear in the center is what you should go for:

er2_3.jpg
er_0.jpg

And this is what it looked like finalized:
ewr2.jpg

Again, I would do the brightcut pave instead. But as for the actual design and the curve and width between the shanks, this is the look I recommend for your stone.

Obviously, if you wanted to add a halo, you could.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Something like this but with a single halo and bright cut pave with 1/2 pointers around the stone would be very nice.

_36392.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1455232560|3989885 said:
Something like this but with a single halo and bright cut pave with 1/2 pointers around the stone would be very nice.

Of the two gypsy posted I like this best. And I like it better than some.of the examples above too. I personally prefer the split to meet, as if actually splitting one shank into too, rather than two running next to each other before the split( as seen in a few examples here)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I prefer bright cut pave myself with antique cut stones. Add a little milgrain while you're at it! I like the proportions of the split shank and halos on the very first pictures you posted. But change it all to bright cut with milgrain!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you everyone for your input! I had never considered a split shank before but I just love it! I have a round and baguette eternity band Ill wear with my pear but Im not over fussed about it being flush.

I think I also agree with a subtle split going into ONE band not the "two band" look.

Im trawling VC's website now. He has the Anne-Marie split shank which I like.

Im not entirely sure what bright cut is but given my pear is an antique cut is something to be concerned about? I dont want it looking modern and I like MINIMAL metal showing as this is how my current ring is set and I like it.

annemariesplit.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bright set is the way the pave is set, notice the two here, the bottom, being bright set, have this "ribbon" of metal around the outside. This in my opinion frames shapes better, so I like it for fancy shapes. You picked a shape you love, I think it's a good idea to emphasize it...

photogrid_1455242721642.jpg

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

I am loving this thread! And thinking if a split shank for my pear as well. I always liked the non bright set bc i like less metal. I never thought of it that way. Is bright aet also sturdies bc of the metal? Or is that just a style thing? Laurenk whatever u do it will be a gorgeous ring with vc making it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringsearching|1455247149|3989988 said:
I am loving this thread! And thinking if a split shank for my pear as well. I always liked the non bright set bc i like less metal. I never thought of it that way. Is bright aet also sturdies bc of the metal? Or is that just a style thing? Laurenk whatever u do it will be a gorgeous ring with vc making it!

Yes, its said to be a bit sturdier

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

I've emailed Victor and had a discussion about bright cut vs u cut. I think my heart really leans toward the u cut as something about the bright but reminds me of channel set which I've never loved totally......

Victor is getting back to me re the Anne-marie split shank and then I also wondered r single vs full
Cut melee???

Love all the help :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

laurenk|1455282394|3990110 said:
I've emailed Victor and had a discussion about bright cut vs u cut. I think my heart really leans toward the u cut as something about the bright but reminds me of channel set which I've never loved totally......

Victor is getting back to me re the Anne-marie split shank and then I also wondered r single vs full
Cut melee???

Love all the help :)

Can you go to a store and look at some. In person they really don't look like channel set

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

Yes I will definitely do that!!! Victor suggested probably using single cut melee. Any opinions on this?

He also suggested doing a bezel instead of diamond halo and doing a more antique style design on shank. He has a 5carat antique heart sketch on his Instagram page he told me to have a look at.

I'm not really a bezel lover but appreciate how the whole thing would come together.

Given I have a halo now I think for my satisfaction and finger coverage I want definitely to do a diamond halo. I know it's all personal preference but it's fun to hear from everyone and soak up your knowledge!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock

I'm tossing up between the Anne-Marie and the Emilya. I have quotes on both from Victor and the Anne-Marie is about $800usd more plus a further $300usd if I wish to use single cut pavè.

I'm a little torn to be honest. It's a big price jump but I want to set my pear perfectly. I'm spending a lot of money doing this (especially since I'm using my Aussie dollars!!).

Perhaps I'll start a poll but would welcome any advise.

I acknowledge the two pricescopers whose amazing rings these are and I'll remove them if it's not ok to share pics.

_2065.jpeg

_2066.jpeg

_2067.jpeg

_2068.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results