shape
carat
color
clarity

help me decide on a cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deens

Rough_Rock
Hello all, please help me decide which diamond is more appealing:

1.01ct Cushion Cut, SI-2 clarity, D color .. GIA Cert
or 1.06ct Cushion Cut, VS2, G color .. EGL Cert

I know this is not much info but i''m planning on looking at the two stones in the next couple of days for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. What are your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is like telling you if you have the right girlfriend

we need to be psychic to help you

have you seen them side by side in the same light?
Have you read the tutorial here?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garry is completely right.

BUT...based only on the information you gave and assuming the price isn't an issue (because you didn't mention it), I think almost everyone would go with a G VS2 over a D SI2. BUT since the G is EGL certified it could be a grade or two off potentially...

In all seriousness though, there is nowhere near enough information to tell you anything about those stones. Sorry.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 10:05:23 PM
Author: neatfreak
Garry is completely right.

BUT...based only on the information you gave and assuming the price isn''t an issue (because you didn''t mention it), I think almost everyone would go with a G VS2 over a D SI2. BUT since the G is EGL certified it could be a grade or two off potentially...

In all seriousness though, there is nowhere near enough information to tell you anything about those stones. Sorry.
I think most would do the opposite... there are lots here who say they''d rather pay for what they can see (color) than what they can''t see.... but who knows - I wouldn''t even flip a coin to choose between these... no way no how.... go see them and then trust your *eyes* :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results