shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide between these two stones please!

doctorrads

Rough_Rock

SparkleyCarats

Rough_Rock
They are both very beautiful. However, giving you a lady's opinion, I like the first one the best. The first diamond may be slightly smaller, however, it looks like it has a much nicer clarity and brilliance. Diamonds that look clear tend to sparkle more when they are in the light than those that have a visible whiteness. The first one just looks more clear and the second one looks white.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
doctorrads|1476716730|4087891 said:
Hello. I am debating between these two diamonds:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3408396.htm

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3227674.htm

I know she really wants a 1.9-2.0 diamond, so I am leaning towards the second one. I know it is not "eye clean." She says she doesn't care as long as it isn't obvious and she doesn't necessarily have a sharp eye. What do you think? Can you see the inclusion on the photos?

Thank you so much!

To be honest the 1.85 isnt that much bigger than the 1.78 to make it worth getting a non-eye-clean stone (to me). Both of these
super ideal ACA stones will sparkle beautifully. One is not "whiter" than the other one. I would call Whiteflash and talk to them about
the 1.85. Ask them how often you see the inclusion. Rarely? Often? All the time? All lighting? Only certain lighting? Get the low
down on the inclusion before you make a decision.

doctorrads

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your feedback. Here is the response from White Flash:

"Do keep in mind that the images are magnified and intended to show how the diamond would look under a standard jeweler’s loupe. I’ve taken a closer look at the 1.875ct, in terms of clarity. There is a small, light cluster of inclusions on the girdle and a combination of light and dark inclusions on the crown facets, which are easily masked with the amount of contrast in the stone. However, if you examine the diamond closely and know what to look for, they can be found. On the other hand, this diamond faces up as a high I color."

Thoughts on this information and what to do?

Thank you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd also get the eye clean stone. She might not have eagle eyes now, but once she sees it and spots the inclusion, she might not be able to 'unsee' it. Whiteflash also has an amazing upgrade policy so if she really wants 2+ carats, maybe that's something you could do for an anniversary down the road!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results