shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Hubby says I have to pick this week and I can not get off the darn fence. Everytime I lean one way, I go back the other way! Soooooo, I thought I would ask y''all what you would do. I got my shared prong band, it is a 7 stone with .07s in white gold. Now I need to decide on the solitaire setting. The two choices are an A Jaffe and a Stuller 6 prong peg like Patty has. Thanks so much for the help. Mokey

02-00445 goodman and sons.jpg

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
This is the stuller 6 prong that Patty has, hope she doesn''t mind. Thanks again for the input. Mokey

IMG_0605patty pricescope.jpg

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Well, they are both stunningly beautiful but I personally like the A Jaffe the best. I like the cathedral band for one but I personally would love to have the diamond on the side. (I think that is ref to as the secret diamond.) But I drive for a living and am always looking at the back side of my ring so I would love that. Either way you are in a win, win situation though because they are both fantastic. Good Luck!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like them both, but my vote is for the A Jaffe because of the surprise diamond and the four-prong head because it squares off the round stone, and I always like that look.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I too think they are both very beautiful! But I think that I personally like A Jaffe better.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the Jaffe- it is a little more modern looking and has a uniqueness about it (suprise diamonds) that I really prefer over the other one you posted...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Guess I''m in the minority with this one, but I like the Stuller 6 prong peg.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 1:13:42 PM
Author: Rascal49
Guess I'm in the minority with this one, but I like the Stuller 6 prong peg.
1.gif
I'm with you Rascal. I love the Stuller 6 prong too. But the Jaffe is very pretty . Good luck mokey!!!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
The A Jaffe. Very elegant. Love the surprise diamonds.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for the Jaffe too! but they are both lovely.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of the non biased votes. Hubby wants the A Jaffe, and I was leaning toward the Stuller, but I wanted him to pick and he says the A Jaffe. I love both of them and in a perfect world
2.gif
Again thanks for all the help. Welcome back Kaleigh! Mokey

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 6 prong better!

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
Both are lovely, and I personally love the A.Jaffe just a bit more because of its modern look. I would choose depending on the size of your center stone. The Jaffe seems more substantial and might need a larger stone compared to the Stuller.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a fan of 4 prong settings. I like a 6 prong for the look and the security.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mokey, if you post a picture of your band, preferably in same position as Jaffe, i would try to speculate if surprise diamond would not be in war with band diamonds.
Looks like it might be the case. Or you can go and try them together somewhere?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the A. Jaffe. I''m a sucker for surprise diamonds.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a pic of my band right off hand, but I am going to have to use a 2mm spacer band with either option. I ordered a spacer band and it will be in this week. My 7 stone looks a lot like the whiteflash 7 stone in the .50 tcw size. I have tried on the A Jaffe, but not the stuller. I think that I will go with the A Jaffe, because I am a total sucker for surprise stones! My three stone has them and that is kind of why I wanted to go with the stuller, but then again the A Jaffe just speaks to me. I am going to go tomorrow to try it on again and we will see. Thanks so much for all of the opinions, I really appreciate it. Mokey

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
So here is my band with my three stone. I don''t have the spacer but wanted to know what you think of them together. More to come...

new pics 2-22-06 250 1.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Here is just the band, sorry about the sausage fingers.

new pics 2-22-06 240 1.JPG

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Will the spacer band come in underneath the surprise diamond so you can still see it?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Again, without a spacer, the girdles will eat right into the surprise on the three stone, so must have spacer. Should be here by Friday.

new pics 2-22-06 251 1.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Hey Moon, yes it does, so I think it will be fine. I don''t mind if my girdles eat the spacer, just not my little stones! The only thing I worry about is the Jaffe is already a wider band, and with the spacer, will it be too wide?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Can you still see the surprise diamond though? I hope so.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that the AJaffe would sit flush better with your SP ring...the Stuller looks like it won''t because the head is too low and flares out. In case that matters! Both are beautiful.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mara that means a lot, I know you don''t BS and that is what I am looking for. I really love the A Jaffe because that is the first ring that hubby has shown ANY interest in, so I think I am falling off the fence here! Moon, yes, you can still see the stones because the spacer sits really low. Thanks for the nudge ladies, I can''t thank you enough, and neither can hubby! Poor guy has had to deal with this for SOOOOOOOO long. AND, congrats on the upgrade Mara!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Good, I''d hate to cover up the surpise!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what stone is going in the setting? (what did I miss Mokey?
41.gif
)

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Just going to go with a temporary stone for now, we wanted to get the setting and then look for the stone. Since we got the shared prong band, and the three stone recently and now the setting we are going to save up for the stone. But eventually it will be a 1 or 1.25 carat center. The A Jaffe has a 1 carat temporary in it and I am going to try it out and see if that is what I want. It was more important for us to get all of the "bones" right now and then take our time and get the stone right than to get the stone first and then the setting. Plus, he was in the mood to talk jewelry and so I did not argue
27.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think both of the settings are great - and I am really a solitaire person so these are right up my alley!! You can''t go wrong. I would try them on with your w-band if at all possible because you will probably see a clear winner in terms of height, style, thickness, etc.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 10:01:38 PM
Author: Mokey
Just going to go with a temporary stone for now, we wanted to get the setting and then look for the stone. Since we got the shared prong band, and the three stone recently and now the setting we are going to save up for the stone. But eventually it will be a 1 or 1.25 carat center. The A Jaffe has a 1 carat temporary in it and I am going to try it out and see if that is what I want. It was more important for us to get all of the ''bones'' right now and then take our time and get the stone right than to get the stone first and then the setting. Plus, he was in the mood to talk jewelry and so I did not argue
27.gif
hmmm maybe I should have done it that way too.
Then I wouldn''t be "stuck" with the temp setting and permanent (?) stone instead of the temp stone and permanent setting! Ha!!!!

I just can''t decide.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results