shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a gem for my old ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Maybe more workable.

lookatme3-1.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock

spess_inring2.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock

topaz_inring2.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock

spess_inring1.jpg

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock

topaz_inring1.jpg

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
While both stones are beautiful, the spessartite garnet''s color really pops! The soft, peachy pink color of the topaz is so pretty, but it gets lost in that setting.

I vote for spess, and put the topaz in a pendant!

LassCreative - GREAT job on the photoshop! Is it hard to learn? I would love to be able to play around with it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Lass, thank you SOOOOO much for your mad skilz! I think I''m going to have to order both of them and see what looks best to my eye!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve emailed Daniel about the spess! I''ll have to get the two stones side by side and post a poll. I know all of you will have an opinion of which way I should go!!

Thanks for all your kind help!!!

Laura Kearns

Rough_Rock
Love the setting! Did you consider the color pink?

You mentioned oranges or reds, this is that “lighter red”...

Actually most oranges and reds are warm colors, pink is a cool color and usually white gold showcases cool colors the best. Since you are staying away from blues (the ultimate cool color) a pretty pink sapphire would be lovely in this setting in my opinion.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I am still browsing. Pink would be lovely. But it needs to be pink with personality, not bubblegum personality mind you!!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I love the red in your ring...

But, when I saw the non-flash pictures, I just saw something green in that setting, along with the two colours of metal...not sure how green, or which shade, but green just popped into my vision.

But, that red just ''pops'' - it''s gorgeous.

36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, both the spess and topaz are on their way!! I have another option in the wings (thanks wendy) in case neither of these twang my heartstrings.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I really hope the Spess works - I've been lusting after it and so want to see it go to a good home!

ETA: A good home with a camera....

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 9:40:42 PM
Author: geckodani
I really hope the Spess works - I''ve been lusting after it and so want to see it go to a good home!

ETA: A good home with a camera....
Yes, yes!!! I''m going out to get one this weekend. To hell with what hubby says!!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 9:53:20 AM
Author: Upgradable
Lass, thank you SOOOOO much for your mad skilz! I think I''m going to have to order both of them and see what looks best to my eye!
No Probs! Happy to help

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I received the gems I ordered. The stone on the left is a precious topaz from Brazil, cut by Barbara Smigel. The second stone is a spessertite garnet cut by Daniel Stair. Both stones are beautiful in their own right. Sorry about the fingerprints!

gemstonecomposite1.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here they are in the mounting. The stone on the far right is a roval native cut pink tourmaline I had. Which combo do you like best?

gemstonecomposite2.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I like the spess or the tourmaline!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Spess! That one makes my heart sing!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
More opinions please?

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/6/2008 7:46:29 PM
Author: Upgradable
More opinions please?
Contest over for the tourmaline in my book!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
Of the three - the Spess ''pops'' the most - it really is a gorgeous stone...

Somehow though...

I''m still seeing green...

26.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the tourmaline but the spess is best in my book.
9.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I''ll be the strange one and vote for the precious topaz.
1.gif

Up until now I''ve been going with the Spess in my mind, but now that I see the pictures of the actual gems in the actual mounting, I changed my mind. The Spess or the tourmaline would be beautiful, but since they have more eye-popping colors, I see them with simpler mountings that would give them full focus of attention. For the design of this particular mounting with the two rows of side stones, the more understated topaz seems better suited to me. That''s just me though -- it really comes down to which of the three you like the best. I don''t think you can go wrong with any of them.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 4:03:14 PM
Author: singingbell
1.gif

Up until now I''ve been going with the Spess in my mind, but now that I see the pictures of the actual gems in the actual mounting, I changed my mind. The Spess or the tourmaline would be beautiful, but since they have more eye-popping colors, I see them with simpler mountings that would give them full focus of attention. For the design of this particular mounting with the two rows of side stones, the more understated topaz seems better suited to me. That''s just me though -- it really comes down to which of the three you like the best. I don''t think you can go wrong with any of them.
I completely agree, singingbell! Without seeing it in the setting, I thought I would love the Spess in it - and I LOVE the spess, but think it needs a much simpler setting!

Another vote for the Topaz, Upgradeable!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like the tourmaline..the spess is definitely eye-popping and the topaz seems a more elegant because of how its tone works with the yg, but I like how the tourmaline is the middle between the two extremes of the topaz and spess.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be returning the spess since I''ve decided to go with the topaz. It has a more understated look which seems to please my eye more. Be aware that Dan will have this gorgeous stone back in his inventory. I could find absolutely no fault with it. It is stunning! Thanks for the input, guys.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 4:52:31 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/7/2008 4:03:14 PM
Author: singingbell
1.gif

I completely agree, singingbell! Without seeing it in the setting, I thought I would love the Spess in it - and I LOVE the spess, but think it needs a much simpler setting!

Another vote for the Topaz, Upgradeable!
I see your point ladies! You may have changed my mind. I think the topaz will look beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am too late to vote but I like the topaz - it will be gorgeous.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree to topaz will look gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results