shape
carat
color
clarity

help! Jeweler damaged my new Saturn setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msmeimei

Rough_Rock
Thanks for this info. That is really interesting--I bet you''re right, that may be why they didn''t offer to purcase it from Saturn in my own size (which is 4.5). It WAS cheaper at Barmakian than at Saturn, which I guess makes this all a lot easier to take. The damage to the ring is still visible, especially to the filigree, but not to the casual onlooker. I probably would have preferred to pay more and have it be right, but I can live with the setting as is. I agree that their practice is weird--brand names do draw people there, especially those that are hard to find. I kind of wondered if they were really selling Saturns or copies of them--my ring came with no info from Saturn and the stamp is a little faint vs those I''ve seen in photos--who knows. . .

FYI, if you end up going to Barmakian for a stone (and they do have some very nice, well-priced stones), I would be very careful--don''t take their word for it when they say something is, for ex, ideal. Look at all the stats (which if you''re on this forum, I''m sure you would do anyway). I had one of their people at a different location claim something was ideal with a table that was beyond the limits for an ideal cut.

Had Barmakian not disappointed me in terms of service and honesty I would certainly have purchased a stone from them.Their prices are very good.

It''s too bad it''s so hard to find styles like Bevery K and Saturn--people seem to love them. I know I do.

good luck with your own search!

HI msmeimei,
Sorry to hear about your saturn ring
is there anymore news?
I briefly talked to a salesperson at barmakians ab seeing more --selection or something from saturn..etc.. and they explained what happens is the saturn guy comes to them with a selection and then they pick what they want.. and thats it. They told me they don''t like to carry lots of "other" peoples brands bec they have to pay all these diff fees in order to carry other brands so they Try to push their own "Barmakian" jewelery. Its wierd bec you''d think they want to have customers buy from them? I had asked to see anything from "Beverly K" and he said they don''t have any catelogs etc... they will never carry that..and to try somewhere else.
So anywayyyy the reason i am telling you all this is maybe thats why instead of ordering your Correct size from saturn for you---They opt for resizing--
What was the size on the ring before sizing? (Also Barmakian''s price on saturn tends to be a little less than if you got it from direct from saturn --in some cases)-- The Saturn people are very nice if you wanted to contact them tho--their e-mail is on their site---

Keep us updated! and best of Luck

saturn web

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 3:07:13 PM
Author: msmeimei
Thanks for this info. That is really interesting--I bet you''re right, that may be why they didn''t offer to purcase it from Saturn in my own size (which is 4.5). It WAS cheaper at Barmakian than at Saturn, which I guess makes this all a lot easier to take. The damage to the ring is still visible, especially to the filigree, but not to the casual onlooker. I probably would have preferred to pay more and have it be right, but I can live with the setting as is. I agree that their practice is weird--brand names do draw people there, especially those that are hard to find. I kind of wondered if they were really selling Saturns or copies of them--my ring came with no info from Saturn and the stamp is a little faint vs those I''ve seen in photos--who knows. . .

FYI, if you end up going to Barmakian for a stone (and they do have some very nice, well-priced stones), I would be very careful--don''t take their word for it when they say something is, for ex, ideal. Look at all the stats (which if you''re on this forum, I''m sure you would do anyway). I had one of their people at a different location claim something was ideal with a table that was beyond the limits for an ideal cut.

Had Barmakian not disappointed me in terms of service and honesty I would certainly have purchased a stone from them.Their prices are very good.

It''s too bad it''s so hard to find styles like Bevery K and Saturn--people seem to love them. I know I do.

good luck with your own search!

--Thank you-- ANd best of luck to you also! Keep us updated !!

26.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooooooo!
I just thought of something!! Are you able to take some pics of the setting...etc..of.what they did to it?
You could send them to Saturn explain what happened and ask if they could do anything? Or ask them if they will match the price from Barmakians... and order your correct size!!!
They are reallly nice at Saturn--- and could prob help.

I really hope things work out for you.
19.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
msmeimei- I am really sorry about your Saturn setting. I am hoping the best for a quick, yet correct, fix!

msmeimei

Rough_Rock
Hi Blinkydoll,

I just tried taking pics with my 3-year old camera, and my camera phone, and neither is good enough to show any detail. Bummer. Anyway, the setting really is good enough now. I am pretty much tired of all this ring stuff at this point--the setting alone required 4 tips to Barmakain which is not a short drive. I bought an SI diamond online, and while it was eye-clean from the top, it looked cloudy and gray through the pavillion, so I sent it back. Now I''m back to finding a new diamond AND having it set. I''m sort of thinking. . .maybe I don''t want a ring that badly! Or maybe I''ll just stick a sapphire in the setting. I need a few days to take a breather.

BTW your ring is beautiful

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 11:05:10 AM
Hi Blinkydoll,

I just tried taking pics with my 3-year old camera, and my camera phone, and neither is good enough to show any detail. Bummer. Anyway, the setting really is good enough now. I am pretty much tired of all this ring stuff at this point--the setting alone required 4 tips to Barmakain which is not a short drive. I bought an SI diamond online, and while it was eye-clean from the top, it looked cloudy and gray through the pavillion, so I sent it back. Now I''m back to finding a new diamond AND having it set. I''m sort of thinking. . .maybe I don''t want a ring that badly! Or maybe I''ll just stick a sapphire in the setting. I need a few days to take a breather.

*grey* through the pavillion?? and cloudy? are you sure it was *clean*??

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 11:05:10 AM
Hi Blinkydoll,

does the ring fit well? are you happy with the setting? aww.. Don''t give up. I hope things get sorted out for you.
any new updates yet?

BTW thank u
1.gif

I can''t wait to see yours!
36.gif

msmeimei

Rough_Rock
Yes, it was totally clean. One of the biiger inclusions was black and in a place where it "repeated" and I think that was part of it. Anyway, I sent it back, I await the refund, and we will buy another at some point soon. Then, the prongs will have to be fixed (since the ring was already set once) and the ring set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results