shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP - Is my ring beautiful?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
amkenn30|1317057656|3025951 said:
I really like the overall style, but I am unsure if the round diamonds look right paired next to the Princess diamond. Thanks for posting!

Ditto. I think pear sidestones would be much nicer, personally and a it DEFINITELY needs a cleaning. Also the setting doesn't have the attention to detail with the prongs and things that I personally like.

If you want to reset we'd be happy to help you find a vendor that can create something that will knock everyone's socks off though!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
HI!! I know how u feel! Nobody said anything about mine either. Until I was in a store and a random lady waiting on line pretty much grabbed my hand and said how much she loved my stone. See my post and poll regarding my diamond size/hand! Need suggestions too!

Anyway, the first thing I thought was it needed to be cleaned.. Believe it or not (did it today) the best way to clean your stone (next to a jeweler cleaning and a jewel jet at home) is: :read:

*Take Dawn (blue) dishwashing liquid and drop 2 drops in a small bowl
* Using your kitchen sink sprayer, spray very very warm water on the drops of Dawn in the bowl, so they turn into suds and gets mixed together
* Now drop your rings in the bowl and let it sit there overnight +, approx 16 hours.
* After this time, take the rings out and using the liquid in the bowl, take a small ring cleaner brush and gently brush under the diamond and the sides. I gently super gently swipe the top.
* Rinse the rings in lukewarm/warm water
* BLOT dry with a bounty or soft lint-free cloth (prevents water spots)

THe Dawn breaks up the oil and film on the stone. They say that oils and film gets on the stone and dirt is attracted to it like a magnet, so it's good to clean it a couple times a week or at least once a week.

As far as the setting goes, it has a lot of diamond coverage. Perhaps the women are jealous? :angryfire: I don't know. I am just guessing.
I would love to see your princess by itself in a fancier setting and the stone elevated more. I think perhaps the 2 round stones are such a contrast to the square and they seem to all be set at the same height (??) so it is flattish looking on the finger.

I say get a new setting and turn those 2 rounds into earrings!!! :love:

How about this setting for your huge princess! http://www.bluenile.com/baguette-round-diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_3174

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I think your ring is stunning. I do think for me that I would wear a straight band or none at all. Wear the curve as aa RHR. The cleaning made a huge difference. Nothing better than a clean ring. I have a tendency to make my girlfriends take off their rings and I clean them when they are dirty! It make a world of difference!

katiedub

Rough_Rock
it looks so lovely and sparkly after that steam cleaning! i think the half moons will look great!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Do your friends have 1.2 carat stones or anythng in the vicinity?
It reminds of the time that one of my friends and I were somewhere and she was complimented on her (fake) CZ studs, which were way smaller than my (real) diamond earrings. She said (well-meaning person that she is) Oh, these are nothing, look at BJ's earrings. And there was this---total silence. The next thing that happened was that the subject was changed, without anyone saying a word.
They had been complimenting her CZs quite a lot.
I know there is nothing wrong with my studs (which are AGS 000 ACA's, H VS2, as well as being large).
I don't think there is anything wrong with your ring either--being on P'scope we just forget sometimes that a 1.2 carat ring such as you have is a lot for some people to swallow and somehow compliments just do not come out of their mouths--even if they are your friends.

P.S. I would second the prevailing opinion that the main issue here is keeping the ring clean, in the second photos, what a difference.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1317606594|3031706 said:
HI!! I know how u feel! Nobody said anything about mine either. Until I was in a store and a random lady waiting on line pretty much grabbed my hand and said how much she loved my stone. See my post and poll regarding my diamond size/hand! Need suggestions too!

Anyway, the first thing I thought was it needed to be cleaned.. Believe it or not (did it today) the best way to clean your stone (next to a jeweler cleaning and a jewel jet at home) is: :read:

*Take Dawn (blue) dishwashing liquid and drop 2 drops in a small bowl
* Using your kitchen sink sprayer, spray very very warm water on the drops of Dawn in the bowl, so they turn into suds and gets mixed together
* Now drop your rings in the bowl and let it sit there overnight +, approx 16 hours.
* After this time, take the rings out and using the liquid in the bowl, take a small ring cleaner brush and gently brush under the diamond and the sides. I gently super gently swipe the top.
* Rinse the rings in lukewarm/warm water
* BLOT dry with a bounty or soft lint-free cloth (prevents water spots)

THe Dawn breaks up the oil and film on the stone. They say that oils and film gets on the stone and dirt is attracted to it like a magnet, so it's good to clean it a couple times a week or at least once a week.

As far as the setting goes, it has a lot of diamond coverage. Perhaps the women are jealous? :angryfire: I don't know. I am just guessing.
I would love to see your princess by itself in a fancier setting and the stone elevated more. I think perhaps the 2 round stones are such a contrast to the square and they seem to all be set at the same height (??) so it is flattish looking on the finger.

I say get a new setting and turn those 2 rounds into earrings!!! :love:

How about this setting for your huge princess! http://www.bluenile.com/baguette-round-diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_3174

I think you're ring is nice, but its not my particular taste. I think what makes me say that is that it looks a bit 'chunky' and the rounds look a bit odd with the princess. Also, Im not a fan of the curved wedding band either. That said, if YOU love it (as others have said), thats all that matters.

If it were my decision, I'd probably put the rounds into earrings (as the above poster said) and then do a different band and setting for the Princess. Something like a pave diamond setting with a straight pave band- seems to be a very popular style now and looks terrific.
Think Vatche "Fifth Ave" or the White Flash "Harmony"

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
I just want to let you know that one of my favorite jewelry designers has a ring that's similar to yours. Go to http://www.mc2jewels.com/ and take a look at their rings. There's a ring with a square yellow diamond center and two white round side diamonds. I think it's so beautiful. I would link that ring here, except the website is flash so it wouldn't work.

amkenn30

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and feedback on my ring. After all that, and trying on several different settings this past weekend, I decided that I love my ring and it is perfect for me! I love the combo of round and square, because it reminds me a lot of my personality (a little hard around the edges, but soft on the inside). Here's one last pic of my CLEAN ring (which needs to happen every 3 days, according to the jewelery - not every 6 months!) Thanks again for all the help!

ringhand.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you Amkenn! I really like the square and round shapes next to one another. It looks very pretty on your hand :appl:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
yay! I really like your ring too! Just keep that baby clean :naughty:

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
The last photo was sooooo much better! Seriously, your baby doesn't need hand cream :lol:

I wear my RB in a 3mm trellis setting which my hubby thinks is too thick too bold but i like how it is different :naughty: Who knows? maybe you will set off a new trend?! :twirl:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you are happy with your ring! It's different (in a good way, IMO), and I think it is beautiful.

It did not look quite as nice (the stone, that is) in the first picture, and I suspected (and saw confirmed) that it needed a good cleaning.

I suspect the reason your friends/ people who look at it don't comment is because it looks very big on your finger, and either they don't want to be gauche (by commenting on how large and expensive it looks) or they are jealous of your lovely, sizeable ring. It is rather rude not to say anything, and I can't imagine doing it myself (I have somewhat unconventional taste, but I have complimented every engagement ring I've seen-- because they are all beautiful, even if they aren't the exact ring I would choose); in your shoes, I would choose to believe that it is not a negative comment on your ring.

PM1742

Rough_Rock
I'll admit that I've never seen a princess with rounds before, but I really like it! Most importantly, I'm glad that you've come to realize that YOU love your ring. I think its great that you and your hubby designed it together and I'd be sad to see you dismantle it.

I think that the quiet girls are probably jealous! I've run into that a couple of times too! Whether they are jealous or don't like it, who cares! Forget the haters :)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you for finding and sticking with what you truly love. I think it is a pretty setting! One day you may tire of it. Let it be on your terms, not because those ladies (who have misplaced their manners) made you second guess. :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results