shape
carat
color
clarity

Help in finding multicolored Tahitian necklace

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think the baroque strand is lovely, but IMHO expensive. For example on another forum a poster posted this lovely strand from an Etsy vendor that I believe was in the $250 -$300 price range. The strand you are considering is higher quality but only you can determine if the quality justifies the cost.

wen.jpg

01.jpg

This looks to be quite a value buy...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing useful to add to this thread - just wanted to say thank you to @pearlsngems, @cmd2014, and @icy_jade for sharing your expertise and experience with us here! I just read through this whole thread and I've learnt so much from your photos and descriptions and opinions :kiss2:

Hisano Shepherd is making me a multicolour tahitian bracelet right now, so for me this is an especially timely thread :mrgreen2: @Pinkmartini87 I'm really looking forward to seeing what you decide on!!

:appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I think $2100 for a quite heavily blemished baroque strand is way too much. Unless it’s from Kamoka, in which case you’re paying a premium price for a small, sustainably farmed product (think the equivalent of organic produce that runs twice the price of normally farmed fruit and veg). Personally, I like the Cees strand way better (even though there’s no way that last picture was shot in direct bright light...that might be sunlight, but it’s *very* diffuse). But I have seen other people’s pictures of his multicolored strands and he finds really nice pieces at great prices. The near round is a great value too. It will look round on the neck but you’d be getting it at a fraction of the price of a round strand.

My take with these kind of purchases is to save up and be patient and wait to get the strand that is just right for you. Otherwise you’ll just be sad and either spend twice as much to get what you want or have long term regret.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@cmd2014 Thank you for your straightforward and honest opinion, I really appreciate it. Yes, as @pearlsngems so wisely stated, I think I have not found the one yet for me, so am passing on the strands I’ve posted so far.

Will keep looking but am hopeful I will find something that knocks my socks off.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 Thank you for your straightforward and honest opinion, I really appreciate it. Yes, as @pearlsngems so wisely stated, I think I have not found the one yet for me, so am passing on the strands I’ve posted so far.

Will keep looking but am hopeful I will find something that knocks my socks off.

I am glad you are waiting. I think jewelry is so personal in what we like and there is always going to be another strand to consider in the future. Also- just like with diamonds many pearl lovers find they want bigger pearls as their collection grows. Personally, I would look at strands at least in the 10-12mm size range if you are looking to just add one pearl necklace to your jewelry collection.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@pearlsngems

Wanted to share some photos from another vendor (one of the reputable ones stickied on this forum) I’ve been looking at this week. Both are around $1k. Would love to get your input.

My first choice (I like the purples and greens, not a huge fan of the soft browns or grays—asked the vendor if he might consider swapping those out for some pastel/light pinks or blues):
57E3D2FB-FDE7-4C8B-9A9F-E004448FC556.jpeg

My second (I like the shapes better actually and the rings on the pearls, but overall think the palette is too uniform for me in terms of greens and browns and yellows):

9E7B5A13-49A0-46A4-8496-AB70C1B65007.jpeg

To be honest for some reason I still favor this one below for some reason in terms of shapes AND color combo (I really love the pink and various graduating green/blue tones combo) but alas too expensive at 2k. I am perplexed why this one appeals so much to me though above all others?????

EB28CDF2-FACA-43EB-8783-7F64E7F950D6.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The heart wants what the heart wants. it isn't necessarily logical.

What is the point in spending a lot of money and still not getting what you really want? Yes, $2K is a lot of money, but at least you'd be getting something you love, instead of settling for something that is second best in your eyes.

Only you can decide if this is affordable, but if this idea helps, in our home we stopped buying each other gifts for major holidays (Christmas, birthday, anniversary) years ago. Instead we buy our own major "gifts". It's a good system. It leads to less waste and frustration. (We still buy little surprises for each other. He knows I love a hunk of Roquefort! And I know his favorite chocolate.)

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@pearlsngems

Thanks for writing!

That’s actually a good tip re holiday gift giving. Less waste and also less time spent in long lines at the stores, and more actual time spent with family at home!

Cheeses and chocolates are a good idea, always. I’m a huge fan of cheeses with embedded fruit. Wensleydale cranberry cheese for example. Perhaps that should be on my list to Santa this year :lol:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Buy what you once the first time, and then you don't buy twice.

The first strand is my personal favorite, but it always boils down to preference.

The third one is pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of how it looks compares to the cost. The pearls are nice, but some look to be especially small or off shape and that's not my cup of tea, per se.

There's no harm in continuing to look. Also keep in mind that Tahitian pearls especially will look much different depending on the lighting -- photos and big, soft light sources make the overtones and colors on Tahitian pearls really pop. Most Tahitian pearls wash out in direct sunlight.

kikoko

Rough_Rock
100000.jpg
I used to save a photo from Facebook group, but I forgot from which group. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results