shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Identifying Hallmark (WL)

Poiabc

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a two-tone platinum and gold 6mm wedding band, but the seller has absolutely no information regarding the origin of the hallmark. Research has led me to a couple of forums suggesting that the hallmark may be one of Walter Lampl's, but the ring does not look nearly old enough to be one of his works, and I have seen no record connecting this particular "WL" mark with any of his work.

hallmark.jpg

The closest I've been able to come to figuring out anything regarding the origin of this ring is that E-WeddingBands appears to have the exact same style of ring on their website, right down to the bevel, width and comfort fit. http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/plat5793.html

Does anyone have knowledge regarding the origin of this mark, or at least a band from E-WeddingBands that doesn't have the same mark so that I can start looking elsewhere?

Poiabc

Rough_Rock
UPDATE:

I managed to get in touch with one of the very nice agents at E-WeddingBands (Susan, I believe), who informed me that she was not aware of any suppliers or designers that they work with who use this particular mark. While I'm certainly happy to have my search narrowed down, that also leaves me with next to no usable leads.

(Hopefully the double-post is not a major faux-pas, as I could not figure out how to edit my original post.)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Poiabc

Rough_Rock
Yup, that's actually the seller I bought it from. I'm not terribly familiar with jewelry as a whole, but is it usually this difficult to track down the origin of contemporary rings? This particular mark seems fairly common, as I've been able to track down a whole slew of rings with the same maker's mark from other people on Ebay but no hints as to who made it.

Honestly, this is just to slate my curiosity. It's not particularly important, but since this is going to be my wedding band, I want to know as much about it as I can. I'm kind of obsessive like that.

Also, since I'm on a jewelry forum, those ARE reasonably good prices for 18K/Platinum bands, right? I'm not normally one to make large purchases on the internet about things I know nothing about, so I'm paranoid that I might have made a dumb purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results