shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - I need some opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Hi! I just wanted some opinions on this diamond?? Looks good in erson - but I am no expert. Here''s the stats:

Princess cut
4.98x4.81x3.67 (mm)
0.73ct
VS2
F
Good cut (Very Good is top on their scale)
Table 75.8%
Depth 76.2%
Crown 9.0% (41.6 degrees)
Pavilion 62.8% (60.1 degrees)
Girdle is not mentioned - don''t know why??

Thanks in advance for any help!!! Piperboy!!
loopy.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Don't know for sure without the girdle info, but it's probably a nice AGA Class 2 make, probably 2B.

Your depth has a greater percentage than the table size, which Rhino points out usually makes for a brighter stone, and has usually been the case with most princess cuts I've examined.

It's got a decent crown height (9%), and the color/clarity of F/VS2 is a killer combination. It's a touch deep, but that's a pretty common malady of princess cuts.

Sounds like a pleasing stone. Which lab did the grading? Is it in-house grading?

Whatever it is, if you make the sale contingent upon it appraising out (by an independent appraiser) to your satisfaction, with right-of-return for ANY REASON, then you can't lose.

You might also consider using a $25 IdealScope in your selection process (available through the menu at the top of your screen). The poor performers can be quickly eliminated by even the layperson with a little bit of practice.

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard! I appreciate the reply! The appraisal was done by Gemscan which I have heard mixed reviews from, but more good from reliable sources than bad. Thanks Again! Pboy

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/14/2003 9
6.gif
0:26 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Your depth has a greater percentage than the table size, which Rhino points out usually makes for a brighter stone, and has usually been the case with most princess cuts I've examined.

----------------

Very Good point Richard,We get this question often. I am sure your reply will be useful to many consumers Obsevations from our own ongoing searches for decent princess cuts confirm your & Rhino's conclusion.

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange ltd(Australia)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those crown/pavilion angles sound good and is a stone I would take to the next step of getting an optical analysis. Can the place you're getting the stone from provide a 3d model of the diamond via it's Sarin?

Rhino

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Rhino, The diamond was graded by Gemscan - They said they don't use a Sarin machine rather some sort of scope (I can't remember the name but I know I have it written down somewhere). I believe they do have a Sarin though! Can I ask how much this kind of diamond would sell for roughly??? Thanks Pboy
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results