Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - I need some opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Hi! I just wanted some opinions on this diamond?? Looks good in erson - but I am no expert. Here''s the stats:

Princess cut
4.98x4.81x3.67 (mm)
0.73ct
VS2
F
Good cut (Very Good is top on their scale)
Table 75.8%
Depth 76.2%
Crown 9.0% (41.6 degrees)
Pavilion 62.8% (60.1 degrees)
Girdle is not mentioned - don''t know why??

Thanks in advance for any help!!! Piperboy!!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Don't know for sure without the girdle info, but it's probably a nice AGA Class 2 make, probably 2B.

Your depth has a greater percentage than the table size, which Rhino points out usually makes for a brighter stone, and has usually been the case with most princess cuts I've examined.

It's got a decent crown height (9%), and the color/clarity of F/VS2 is a killer combination. It's a touch deep, but that's a pretty common malady of princess cuts.

Sounds like a pleasing stone. Which lab did the grading? Is it in-house grading?

Whatever it is, if you make the sale contingent upon it appraising out (by an independent appraiser) to your satisfaction, with right-of-return for ANY REASON, then you can't lose.

You might also consider using a $25 IdealScope in your selection process (available through the menu at the top of your screen). The poor performers can be quickly eliminated by even the layperson with a little bit of practice.

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard! I appreciate the reply! The appraisal was done by Gemscan which I have heard mixed reviews from, but more good from reliable sources than bad. Thanks Again! Pboy

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/14/2003 9
0:26 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Your depth has a greater percentage than the table size, which Rhino points out usually makes for a brighter stone, and has usually been the case with most princess cuts I've examined.

----------------

Very Good point Richard,We get this question often. I am sure your reply will be useful to many consumers Obsevations from our own ongoing searches for decent princess cuts confirm your & Rhino's conclusion.

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange ltd(Australia)

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those crown/pavilion angles sound good and is a stone I would take to the next step of getting an optical analysis. Can the place you're getting the stone from provide a 3d model of the diamond via it's Sarin?

Rhino

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Rhino, The diamond was graded by Gemscan - They said they don't use a Sarin machine rather some sort of scope (I can't remember the name but I know I have it written down somewhere). I believe they do have a Sarin though! Can I ask how much this kind of diamond would sell for roughly??? Thanks Pboy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.