shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I need a great 10 year anniversary gift for my DH

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our 10 year wedding anniversary is on 6/26. We're taking a little road trip that weekend and having a nice dinner, but I'd like to buy him a gift as well. Here's the problem: I have no idea what to get him. He's one of those guys that doesn't want much but if he ever wants something he just buys it for himself. He has three nice watches, a nice wallet, he doesn't like me to buy him clothes, and he's a bit of a brand name hoe. My budget is decent ($2500), and I'd like to get him something tangible. I'm having such a hard time with this. I thought about another watch but I don't think he'd appreciate it as much as I hope. He loved the Sonos speakers I got him for Xmas so I could always just get him more of those, but I feel like that's kind of lame. If he only liked bling I'd be set! GRRR I've asked our friends if they have any advice and they're coming up blank too. I'm hoping that someone in PS-land will have some ideas.

Thank you in advance.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know your already taking a trip but with a 2500.00 budget you could really surprise him with another small trip doing something he loves. Does he like wine? Take a tour and do a B&B-does he like to scuba dive? Take a trip to Mexico and do that-does he want to drive a fast car? Find a place that will let you drive something crazy and go around for an hour or so. Maybe he wants to sky dive? I have no clue-but perhaps the 'tangible' thing would be to make another memory for the anniversary that is totally unexpected and off the wall.

One idea would be a cute photobook with all your favorite pictures-it's more of a 'girl' gift but some guys like to see the time line. You could always get some sexy pictures taken or get vajazzled :lol: :tongue:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I could plan another trip but I feel like that would be cheating a little because it's a gift for both of us and not just him. And unfortunately I think sexy pics would have no effect on him - 10 years and all.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Few thoughts. Another trip, not necessarily with you :cheeky: but with his male friends. Tickets to a show or band he likes. If he's into cars, rent an exotic car or buy a racetrack package. I agree that experiences are better gifts for those who buy stuff for themselves.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
How about a wedding band upgrade for him? Such as a Tiffany platinum band with your wedding date or something sweet engraved inside?

My hubby actually got a wedding band downgrade for his 10th. He lost his original platinum wedding band because he took it off when he was at the gym, so he wanted something indestructible that he could wear at the gym. I got him a titanium ring that was semi-matte finish, so would not scratch as easily.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The problem with asking for gift ideas from a bunch of strangers is that know one knows him better then you…
Does he have any hobbies or interests? For example, my DH always wanted to learn how to play a certain musical instrument, so I bought him one and a bunch of lessons to get him started.
Does he have anything that you could have professionally framed/matted? My DH had a bunch of family memories (like a fishing award that his grandfather won back in the 60's, etc.) that I had put into a collage-type picture and professionally framed and now it's hanging in his office.
Does he have any favorite musicians, politicians, etc. that you could do a search for in terms of interesting autographs/memorabilia? My DH had a favorite president and I purchased him a book signed by him.
Just some thoughts - good luck on your shopping and happy anniversary to you both:)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1402349535|3689667 said:
I know your already taking a trip but with a 2500.00 budget you could really surprise him with another small trip doing something he loves. Does he like wine? Take a tour and do a B&B-does he like to scuba dive? Take a trip to Mexico and do that-does he want to drive a fast car? Find a place that will let you drive something crazy and go around for an hour or so. Maybe he wants to sky dive? I have no clue-but perhaps the 'tangible' thing would be to make another memory for the anniversary that is totally unexpected and off the wall.
Geeezzzz, athenaworth is asking for gift ideas ..."not to have him kill" ... :lol:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1402363344|3689829 said:
vintagelover229|1402349535|3689667 said:
Geeezzzz, athenaworth is asking for gift ideas ..."not to have him kill" ... :lol:

LOL, DF!! She's got some good ideas!

This is fun! I think it has to be something that you will enjoy together, after all it is your anni! For our 10th, I surprised DH with a trip to San Francisco (which is far from where we live)... I had asked him previously what his top three places to visit were, and this was the most feasible at the time. I booked him off work without him knowing, booked the flights, hotel, and surprised him on our anni night with several clues.

Athenaworth, you need to be an active part of this equation, for sure! Is there somewhere he has not been before, that he would love to visit? There must be something he has always wanted to do/see and you two just haven't done it yet.

Good luck!! Please come back and let us know what you decide. :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow some really great ideas here. Does he golf? Some new clubs or a great golf trip with a buddy would be nice and something just for him. Does he have a favorite sport team. You could purchase tickets for a big game for him and a couple good friends or the two of you and another couple. My husband, his brothers and dad are big golfers. One year for fathers day I planned a golf weekend for all of them together. They went away and had the time of their life. I felt like I was giving him something truly just for him.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Cage Diving with Great White Sharks in the SFO area.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does your dh like to bike ride or does he have any other hobbies where you could get him some nice tools/gear? If he likes bike riding and he doesn't have a carbon bike already there are lots of great carbon bicycles you could get that are amazing in design. They have come a long way in the last decade.

If he likes woodworking there are lots of expensive and nice tools you could get him that I know my dh would be over the moon if he got them. The thing with hobbies is that there is always something newer and nicer and more expensive.

How about technology? Any gadgets he has been eyeing lately? I love my macbook air. It's so light and so fast unlike my old macbook pro. And there are so many other great products like the iPad mini I have been eyeing. Of course he probably has his fill but just in case.

Another suggestion I know you said you cannot buy clothes for him but how about a leather jacket? The good ones can be pricey and though it is summer here you might be able to score some good deals.

And I do think a trip together is a good idea despite it being for the both of you. If you choose a destination he has been wanting to go to that you haven't been as hot on then it would be a great gift for him. Plus with it being your anniversary I think it is totally OK to get him a special trip for the both of you.

I also love the suggestions about sky diving and race car driving. I know my dh would love that if I got him those gifts. And zip lining. In fact my dh just mentioned zip lining the other day and I am thinking of surprising him with that for a special occasion. It seems very safe unlike sky diving (at least to me lol as I would never sky dive and not sure I want my dh to do that either)!

Good luck with coming up with a great gift and a very happy 10th anniversary to you both.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A custom-made Sterling Silver buckle, to be worn with a belt, and can be engraved with a special message etc...

I had one made as a wedding present for my then husband, and kept it for my own use after we parted company.

DK :))

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Season tickets to whichever sports team he's into.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL DF comments!

If I had 2500 for my husband, that would be easy. some ideas.
He loves music. He cheaps out on the electric and acoustic guitars he gets for himself, but know there are some guitars in the price range you are talking about, he would LOVE.
He no longer has a canoe but loves canoeing. I'd arrange to buy a canoe and a trip where he could go canoeing.

Good speakers are always a good idea, one always ahem "needs" good speakers.

Another thing we have been doing, and are talking about doing each anniversary, is buying a piece of art. Art comes in all price ranges and mediums (drawings, prints, paintings, photographs, sculpture, etc). For us what we have done before is get a Japanese print. These come in a range of prices depending on quality if original print, etc. Of course, you would look for something that calls to you.

Have something custom made. This could be wood furniture, ironwork for garden area, glasswork.

If he likes "beverages" either invest in some cases of very good wine, or whiskeys, other hard liquors that he would like. If it is red wine it can be aged, and hard liquor doesn't really ever go bad. Have enough money to get a cabinet with accessories if you want.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A fun project! I hope he enjoys it and you both have a great trip!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's already got the best gift a man could ever have. You.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1403293587|3697432 said:
He's already got the best gift a man could ever have. You.
Awwwww Kenny! That's so sweet. Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results