shape
carat
color
clarity

help! I lost a stone from my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
One of the small sapphires that makes up the halo surrounding the center diamond of my e-ring just fell out (I think it went down the drain). This is a link to a similar setting, and I''m pretty sure that Fay Cullen made my setting (however I did not purchase it from her):

http://www.faycullen.com/art_deco_engagement_rings/800/d1028r3ds.html

My ring is insured, but I think that if it''s possible to replace just the one stone, I wouldn''t file a claim. Is this possible? Who sells small individual stones like the one I lost? AHHH!

Or will I need to replace the entire setting?

Thank you for helping me!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where was the setting purchased from?? It shouldn''t be a problem to replace the small sapphire melee that you lost. But need a bit more info first. I''d want one of the same quality of course and would want soemone that does this kind of work on a regular basis. That''s where it can get tricky. I have been there myself.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think replacing the stone would be any problem. Years ago I lost a small sapphire out of a setting, and a local jeweler had no problem replacing it.

I can''t even tell now which one is the replacement stone.

widget

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 8:49:35 PM
Author:nejarb
One of the small sapphires that makes up the halo surrounding the center diamond of my e-ring just fell out (I think it went down the drain). This is a link to a similar setting, and I''m pretty sure that Fay Cullen made my setting (however I did not purchase it from her):

http://www.faycullen.com/art_deco_engagement_rings/800/d1028r3ds.html

My ring is insured, but I think that if it''s possible to replace just the one stone, I wouldn''t file a claim. Is this possible? Who sells small individual stones like the one I lost? AHHH!

Or will I need to replace the entire setting?

Thank you for helping me!
Hey Nejarb..........Saw your post on the fitness thread. There should be no problem replacing a single stone. Lisa asked the right question. Where did the setting come from? Most quality jewelers will simply replace a lost stone without charge, as long as it appears the ring wasn''t damaged. And even if it was accidentally banged, which loosened the stone, the jeweler who sold you the setting should still take care of it for you, with minimal or no charge. Also, check your insurance because you may have a deductible, which could cost more than replacing a small saphire to begin with.

So sorry this happened to you.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I lost a melee emerald out of a ring some years back. We''d moved away from the town where the ring was originally purchased so I had to use a different jeweler. The new jeweler matched the emerald and repaired the ring. No problem.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone. we purchsed the setting from a pawn shop/jewelry store in birmingham. his parents are friends with owners, who gave us the setting for a good price, maybe even at cost. that''s the problem sometimes with getting a great deal--i don''t think i want to ask them to replace or reset the stone.

but i''ll just take it to a local jeweler.

i hate not being able to wear my ring. it''s the perfect accessory to any outfit!
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results