shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, I hate my new lain wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 1:39:12 PM
Author: KristyDarling
LOL. I really feel your pain regarding finding the perfect wedding band. I still haven''t found mine! (which explains the multiple platinum bands languishing in my jewelry box, ugh!) But don''t you worry, you WILL find yours! Let us know how you like the forthcoming band from EWB.com. Wear it around a bit and see how you feel before making your decision. A 3mm heavy comfort fit would be amazingly gorgeous, comfortable, and easy to wear forever. And like you said, it''ll leave plenty of room for stacking.
30.gif
Very important consideration, IMO.
9.gif
Thank goodness EWB.com is so amenable to returns and exchanges. They are so nice over there. Good luck!

Thank you, yeah, I know you have a few wedding rings.

The EWB people ARE nice, and believe me they should be sick to death of me!

Now you definitely make me want a 3mm, today at this hour. I like how that size looks next to my solitaire, but it just seemed too slender to wear alone, and I will wear it alone on some occasions. But then, I have not yet found a 3mm comfort fit around here in town to try on, so...maybe it would be thick enough to please me.

Ay yay yay! as we say here near the Mex border.

I need a valium. I mean, another one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 3mm is good because it does allow other bands to be worn with it. That''s probably what I''d choose (or 2.5).

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2006 3:19:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think a 3mm is good because it does allow other bands to be worn with it. That''s probably what I''d choose (or 2.5).

Thanks for the opinion, yeah it does leave room... but so does the 4mm -- I''m wearing a 4mm silver, a 6mm and my engagement ring all on one finger today and have room for more.

It''s the wearing of the ring by itself that kept me from getting a 3mm. I will want to wear my wedding ring all alone once in a while. I just felt it would be too tiny on my not-pretty hands with my stubby nails.

I just ordered a silver 3mm comfort fit band, and I''ll play with that, and compare it to the 4mm platinum band that is on the way. Fiance may end up spending on my platinum ring what I paid for his beautiful Boone titanium ring! My first ring was 3 times the price of his.

I may have this solved by January 13th, but at this moment, I am thinking I will probably send back the 4mm for exchange within hours of getting it. EWB may ban me from their site...

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
N-Jo-

I ended up with a 3mm plain platinum wedding band after all. It''s substantial enough to wear alone but didn''t overshadow my e-ring eiter. I''m just waiting for it to arrive from The Facets Collection! I went with their in stock comfort fit bands as opposed to their more expensive Raphael line.

I''ll let you know how it is when it arrives next week!

Carrie

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 1:57:27 PM
Author: february2003bride
FYI: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=747 And they are comparable to EWBs.

thanks for the info, I am feeling VERY bummed about this as the days go by. I am really wishing I''d gotten a 3, now, and just checked, the 4mm is finished but not yet shipped. So I have to wait and wait to try on, send back, on and on. And I have to buy it there now! They have just been too kind and patient...
Do you know how thick the Facets ones are? I see width, but not thickness listed. The reason I hesitated when I
almost ordered a 3mm at EWB is because though the other bands are 2.3mm thick, the heavy CFit 3mm goes down to only 2mm thick. I still want an almost inner-tube look, not completely, but almost.

PLEASE post a photo of your ring on your hand when you get it. Looking forward to it for both of us!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
N-Jo wants one forever band that she never takes off. That is why she is being so specific. She does want to add other bands, but she wants the wedding band that she gets married with to be on forever and she wants to be happy with it.

N-Jo- I had typed up a reply to your question asking the width of my various rings and it vanished or didn''t get posted, but I think I posted how wide all of mine are earlier in this thread.

The antique platinum band that you can barely see is only about 1.5mm, and it''s not comfort fit, but the only flat edge on it is the inside of the ring that touches my finger- the entire "outside" of the ring is rounded- but it''s almost an high arch if you would and there is some very faint engraving (can''t see any of this detail when I have other rings on really.)

HTH

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... I wonder if you could get two 3mm bands to wear on either side of your e-ring.

And when you want to go sans diamond, you could wear the 2 thinner bands together? That way you could get lots of different looks?

Does it have to be just one band?
30.gif

ETA: Okie, saw the one forever band thing! Hmmm... I can't decide either now!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 3:08:23 PM
Author: dtnyc
N-Jo wants one forever band that she never takes off. That is why she is being so specific. She does want to add other bands, but she wants the wedding band that she gets married with to be on forever and she wants to be happy with it.

N-Jo- I had typed up a reply to your question asking the width of my various rings and it vanished or didn't get posted, but I think I posted how wide all of mine are earlier in this thread.
The antique platinum band that you can barely see is only about 1.5mm, and it's not comfort fit, but the only flat edge on it is the inside of the ring that touches my finger- the entire 'outside' of the ring is rounded- *snip*

thank you for your sizes! and for explaining why I'm going so crazito about all this. I totally plan to wear all kinds of combos, but the wedding band will always be at the bottom, no takey-offy. I will post pics tomorrow of the various stack combos just of sterling and yellow gold rings I already own.

I just heard from EWB! They compared the new, replacement, polished 4mm to the brushed finish 5mm that I had sent back. She said it looked "significantly more rounded and puffier" than the 5mm, and that she felt it had the appearance I wanted. She and the goldsmith worked together to round the edges as much as possible without making it custom. She wanted to know if I wanted it overnighted, well heck yeah!

So I'll post pics later and seek opinions. I told her I had almost ordered a 3mm earlier today. She said she thought the way this one looks will be how I've described, said it wasn't as blunt at the edges, and looked skinnier than the 5mm without being too slender. She said she also thought the high polish made it look more rounded, as well. Optical illusion, maybe. I really hated that brushed finish on that ring! It was like looking at the side of a bolt or is it a nut? (no. i'm the nut, as future Mr NjO points out)

so, everybody cross your jewel-encrusted fingers for me! I'll be cozying up and watching the Fedex Tracking Results Show tonight.

wrstacks - meanwhile, you can check upthread here or do a search, I've posted pics of the ring I returned as well as a silver one i've put next to my e-ring...

thanks for all the suggestions and help and soothing words from all, though!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 4:03:18 PM
Author: Julian
Hmmm... I wonder if you could get two 3mm bands to wear on either side of your e-ring.

And when you want to go sans diamond, you could wear the 2 thinner bands together? That way you could get lots of different looks?

ETA: Okie, saw the one forever band thing! Hmmm... I can''t decide either now!

I just like the idea of wearing my wedding band alone once in a while. I also like the double plain band look, as well as band+eternity ring. I almost wish I had gotten an eternity band for my engagement ring, seriously. I was just a lot of bling for me to take in at once, and we are on a budget. I''m pretty proud and happy with my emerald cut that looks waaaaay better than the price was. From doing research here and other places, we got exactly what we wanted at a great price. But not so great a price that I could still have my sapphire sides. But someday! Someday!!!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 4:15:34 PM
Author: wrstacks
The first pic above the wide wed band is 6mm

The pic with two wide wed bands - Back one is 6mm the other is 4mm

Here is a pic of my 8mm wed band

that is a look i absolutely LOVE. I want diamond bands just like those smaller ones.

I have a circle of life (or O, my new last initial) pendant with 33 diamonds -- no clue about their specs, but it is gorgeous. The jeweler who made it, since it was a gift, would not tell me -- just said "trust me, those are GOOD diamonds, not something I had laying around!" I can't imagine what size they are, or what the carat weight is. the only thing she would answer in my questioning was that it was more than 1/4 carat of diamonds. She said it was tacky for me to be asking!

Anyway, if I lick my finger, I can slip it on next to my engagement ring, so I hope to have it just converted someday. However it IS white gold -- and because it's a pendant now, doesn't make me break out in blisters like white gold rings would do to my finger if worn daily. (or even tested for more than an hour)

I'll take a pic of that on my ring finger this evening.

thanks for all the help again!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2006 3:02:26 PM
N-jo

You are driving yourself crazy. How many total rings do you want to wear on your finger? What total MM to you want? Any dia wed bands included? Any pics (Handshots) at all of your ER and any of these bands?

You could do like me and have about 10 or so different mm wed bands to change

They won't be wedding bands that I change around, only having one of those (which gets here today, please Lord let it be the right one!)

These combos here are various silver rings, inluding an etoile-type and an end-to-end baguette eternity band. Both purchased as "test" rings to see how they work with my engagment ring -- I would rather have some sapphire ones in there! Anyway all are 4mm, except for the yellow gold basket ring, which is about 8mm. My engagement ring is supposedly 2.5 mm, but seems narrower than that.

Crummy pics, in the almost total dark last night at my desk. My diamond looks deadly dull in all of them!

I'll post my circle of life pendant next to my enagement ring, plus show the silver 5mm ring I THOUGHT the platinum one I got would look like (instead it ended up looking like something from the machine shop, slipped next to my diamond ring.)

ohhh, for the days when these are all diamonds and sapphires.... gotta get married first!

ringstacks2.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2006 10:44:57 AM
Author: N-jo
Date: 11/30/2006 3:02:26 PM

my circle of life pendant, slipped onto my finger. gonna have that set into a platinum ring setting some day.... the perfect amount, I think! No specs, my fiance didn''t ask from my friend the jeweler who set it, and she refuses to divulge any info about a gift! Just said "don''t lose it, those are really good diamonds" She considers me a layperson who wouldn''t understand anyway. He just told her his price range and she picked according to that. It is a very white, fiery pendant, though. 33 diamonds, 3/4 inch in size. I like to wear it on a black leather cord.

Opendantring.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
5mm Silver "temp" band on the right, Actual 5mm Plat band on left, and bottom.

I thought the plat one would look mostly like the silver. NO, it does not, even though it appears very similar in the photo, in color and finish. I sent it back because I expected it to be more domed than than the silver, and not so blunt at the edges. That pic at the bottom is just awful, to my eye. But I am still dazzled by the satin-finish rings of others...

anyway, the bad, bad 5mm plat is gone and back in stock at EWB, I guess.

Watching for Fedex and the new polished 4mm!!! Like Christmas!

N-jo

platleftsilverright.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2006 6:25:45 AM
N-jo

Did the newly ordered wed band arrive and did you get a chance to try it out?? Curiosity is getting the best of me!!! Let us know the results.
here it is, I love it, just what I had in mind, not too flat, not too thin, and plenty of room for stacking other things. Varations included in the next post.

My fiance opened it, since I was hollering at FedEx over the phone at the time. It is gorgeous -- absolutely "creamy" feeling to slip on. Perfect in every way...and came with candy canes from Jillian at EWB. She worked so hard for me.

Much drama about the overnighted ring -- fiance suddenly jumped up at 5:55 pm friday and announced he was running out to the airport, that the ring had a "delivery exception". I just about had a meltdown over that - I did NOT want to spend another weekend wondering if it would work! FedEx is 7 minutes from our house. It''s a small city, they have delivered late before... but they refused to deliver an OVERNIGHT pkg ("absolutely, positively", anyone?) and more than that, they didn''t tell us anything, thank heaven Fiance was refreshing the page once in a while. They have called us before and asked us to come get something.

But then, this is the company that left our mortgage application needing final signatures -- and all our ID info on a doorstep without a signature at 9 am on a Saturday. Not even our doorstep apparently. We didn''t even know we had missed it until we called and shrieked about why wasn''t our loan pkg being processed....and it was due in 2 days. Jeez. FedEx had to pay us on that one. Not much, but enough to shut us up and pay for all new bank and credit card accounts. Which we couldn''t do til after the loan was done, of course! Frantic, stressful time...

I''ll call Fred Smiths'' office over this one, too. They hate it when you use their slogans against them....

bandanderingbest.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had to shrink this composite photo, but see, it combines well and fits great -- I hate a ring that slips around on my finger or falls forward all the time. I slept in it, and it was a bit more snug than the night before, which soon righted itself, and wore it in the cold without it feeling uncomfortable or too twisty.

Like I said, it feels CREAMY. 4mm wide, and 2.3mm thick. I like the way it looks on my finger alone. I have room for extra rings but still have sort of child's hands... when I wear this wedding band alone, I didn't want one that was too thin on my stubby hands. I needed a bit more width than the 3, I think. I'm just accustomed to heavier, bigger rings and other jewelry, as well. "Dainty" and I are not in the same time zone!

thanks for bearing with me, I think this is the one. Fiance put it away so I can't obsess over it anymore. It really does have sort of a donut shape to it, came out great!

-- with various sterling bands -- I had to shrink the pic so the second image on the left side makes my diamond look photo-shopped in, and smokey! weird. I like it a lot with just the etoile-type band or with the eternity ring sandwiched between it and etoile.

4mmCFHwvariationssmall.jpg

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 7:21:05 AM
Hey N-jo

You definitely have the fingers to support many mm of rings. In a couple of pics I liked your ER with what looks like a 6mm wed band and a channel set eternity ring?? I also liked the one with the really wide band that was not plain. If this was plain I like the width but also adding a dia eternity behind it. What I really would like is your ER with that 8mm or so plain wed band with two (2) eternity bands on either side of the wide wed band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get any of the pics to be larger so we can see more detail???
I love wide bands with those skinny eternity rings like you have, I LOVE those -- they are exactly what I want, any details on them? Size of stones, etc?

I will add more individual pics later, once my platinum ring is on my hand. I'm already sniffing around looking and wishing for a sapphire band...

Got to get married, first. I have the ring, now I can obsess over the wedding details.

There's the forever ring all by itself.

nancysweddingring4mm.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Love it love it love it! I think it looks fab with your e-ring!!!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2006 11:10:35 AM
Author: february2003bride
Love it love it love it! I think it looks fab with your e-ring!!!

thanks! I love it too. It just looks right to me, is good alone, and doesn''t make the diamond look too small next to it. I can''t wait to have it on my hand, and I do plan to stack, more often than not! Great ideas and looks here, this is why I love coming here, I never get tired of looking.....

Seriously, the only adjective I could come up with when fiance slipped it onto my finger was "creamy, it feels creamy!" Heavy cream. It weighs... 10 grams? Feels gooooood.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TOTALLY PERFECT!!!! Congrats on finding your forever ring!
30.gif

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/4/2006 3:09:02 PM
Author: KristyDarling
TOTALLY PERFECT!!!! Congrats on finding your forever ring!
30.gif

thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
don't get me wrong, I love my ring, but I still also love the 3MM and slightly thinner wedding bands that so many of you have (I think yours in your avatar is smaller than 3, right?) If I'd had the time, and less on my mind, and hadn't already returned one for a completely different one, I'd have had ordered both 3&4 on this last order, and returned one. I couldn't do that to Jillian at EWB... and not sure I wanted to drive myself even crazier. Fiance snatched it up and put it away someplace secret after 24 hours. It is almost exactly like the comfort-fit silver band I had ordered as "tryout" ring. I have a 3mm silver comfort fit on the way, so I can play with that and my silver bands until the wedding.

I can always add a 3mm platinum one to this one some day, though!

Actually, my favorite look so far -- and I didn't get a photo of this with the platinum band, only the silver one -- is the plat band, the 8mm basket-weave yellow gold band, and my engagement ring together. That combo feels really good.

Hey, my finger gets cold if there's too much empty space between hand and knuckle!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
wow, that is quite the statement, ring-wise! here''s the plat-YG-plat combo I like.

I''d love a bunch to choose from and plan to start collecting! But again -- the 4mm band will always be at the bottom, where the new husband puts it -- hoping not to remove that one.

basketplats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results