shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I don''t know what to do......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 6:28:55 PM
Author: swingirl
Since they haven''t sold out the venue and there are tickets available at all price levels you are either going to have to sit next to empty seats or take less money and at least get something back. This will be a good indicator about the stubborness of your FF and how reasonable he is in difficult situations.

They most likely would sell if the price was right. If no one buys them who is out the money, you or FF?

I do hope you solve this problem and can enjoy the concert.

Ditto, especially the bolded part.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
dreamgirl,

Don''t ruin your night out before you get there. Go early, see if you can sell the tickets. If you lose money and sell them for less, such is life. If you can''t sell them, there is nothing you can do about it. I know that is easier said than done, but in the scheme of things, you both are so fortunate to even be able to go to a concert - many can''t afford it in these tough economic times, and some like, me, are ball and chained to a kid!
40.gif

I don''t know or your BF''s financial situation is, and I understand that 250 bucks isn''t chump change. But if you ruin YOUR night because of these $250 tickets...well, then you are out more than just the $250, right?

See if you can find about $50 bucks in the budget for heaps of booze. That will make you feel better (I''ll assume one of the will be the DD or are taking public transport!)
41.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay .. if you bought the tickets then its your responsibility. Give him the $250 and then you can make all the decisions. (Wo)man up! And pay up! You''ll feel better when he''s not stressed about it *also*.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, take a seating map so you can so a potential buyer what good seats they are.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 7:23:59 PM
Author: TravelingGal
btw, take a seating map so you can so a potential buyer what good seats they are.
Yes...GREAT advice!! When we bought tickets from a "scalper" we brought our own map with us!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Your FF either needs to let you do WHATEVER IT TAKES to sell these tickets... or stop his whining! Personally, I would sell them before the concert for slightly cheaper than they would pay to purchase them on their own. Is this a click and print ticket that can be emailed to someone else? You could ebay it for 24 hours and let them know you will email it to them when it ends. Do a "Buy It Now or Best Offer" kind of thing.

In the meantime, tell your FF to quit his b****ing since you offered to even pay him back the difference.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
call a local radio station that has announcements, talk to a dj or whoever, offer the tickets for sale to the first caller. yes, it means leaving your phone number. we've done this with extra tickets for the rolling stones but then we have KPIG as a fairly close radio station that loves to connect music lovers up with tickets in these situations.

movie zombie

eta: do not ask for reimbursement for your convenience charges, if any. ask only the ticket price.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Its not that much of a huge loss selling them for $160 imho.
I also agree that this kind of stubborness over such a nominal thing would worry me - stubborness gives me the s***s..

I say do what you can to sell them, but don''t let money ruin your night - some things are more important.
5.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl honey, I''m sorry you''re so stressed about this situation, but a credit crunch might not be the easiest time to try to sell off $250 worth of concert tickets. However...!

The people you''ve approached that you know probably don''t have the same desire that the big Coldplay fans would have to make it to this concert. There are probably going to be some big fans who missed out on the sale and are counting on people selling tix at the door! So you''re probably going to be able to sell your tickets quite quickly. I actually bought scalped tickets once to a concert (Metallica, baby, back in college
11.gif
) when a couple of friends and I randomly decided to take a road trips to another state to try to go to the concert. And you know what? The whole thing was easy as pie and over in about 5 minutes. We walked up in the direction of the stadium, someone approached us saying, "Need tickets?" and we said, "yeah" and he said, "ok I''ll sell them for $10 off the ticket price" and we said "ok." Ended up being mosh pit seats, but that''s another story.
5.gif
2.gif

Anyway, I''m trying to say that it will probably be a lot easier than you think. And as long as you and your boyfriend stay together when selling them, I don''t think you''ll have any issues with it. Especially at a Coldplay concert--I don''t think Coldplay fans are known for being overly aggressive or violent.
2.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We sold the tickets today with a $20 profit.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Last night when he came over I told him I was upset because I didn’t want him getting mad at me. He told me not to worry and we would sell the tickets somehow. I suggested we sell them for whatever we can and I will pay the difference but he told me no, he couldn't let me do that. He wasn’t upset with me and it was something that we had to go through together.

In the meantime, he did a re-post on craigslist at a lower price and he got 2 responses. While we were excited, we felt we still couldn’t trust these people because you never know what’s going to happen. Well the one person responded to him a few times but then the next person about 6 times. He then told the first person that the 2nd person was quite serious about the tickets so it would be a first come first serve basis but that he really had set up a time with the 2nd person. Long story short- So this morning he sold the tickets with an extra $20 because this 2nd person wanted them so badly. We are both very happy and now I can finally look forward to the concert!! YIPPE!!!

Quickly I must add that I'm not sure where the huge assumption came from (of FF being stubborn) as being such a bad thing.
7.gif
To his and my defense-You must understand that I bought these extra tickets with HIS money. Put yourself in his shoes. What if someone took your money and bought something you never approved of that cost that much money? He was totally fine with me buying the tickets (after the fact.) He wasn’t upset at all about that. But I can understand why he wanted the full price back when he wasn’t even the one who bought them. That is all he ever wanted out of it. He didn't throw tantrums. We decided which seats we wanted and were going to sell the extra ones. No big deal. But when we tried to sell them and they were not selling, a reaction of "OMG NOW WHAT!?" Comes into play. (more on my end than his because I worry too much about everything) I was feeling awful and doing everything I could (and he was doing the same) trying to get these tickets off our hands. It becomes a very stressful situation. Being stubborn is just a personality trait that I'm sure more of us have than would like to admit. I am stubborn in my own ways too. If I see something a certain way, or want a certain thing, that is what it will be! Because of the economy and the worry of losing a job makes him very nervous, I don’t blame him at all. We bought these tickets back in June. Had we gone to buy them today, we probably wouldn't have bought them at all because of the cost of them. Basically my point is, I had been annoying him about what we will do with the tickets, etc..etc.. and in the meantime he just wanted his full price back. End of story. I don’t see anything wrong with being stubborn about your own money. I see that as a HUGE positive plus.
28.gif
He isn’t stubborn about everything. I just wanted to make that clear.

Thanks again for the help! Much love to you all! Now I can breathe and safely say...I can’t wait till tonight!!! COLDPLAY!!! YAY!!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am happy to hear!!! Enjoy the show!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
DG, I am happy for you that you sold the tix and that you will now enjoy the concert. Coldplay will be great, I would love to see them !

Just Fwiw, I don't think anybody made an assumption about your BF, as they were speaking based on the info you supplied, such as the following:

"I guess the problem with selling the tickets for less is- when you have a stubborn boyfriend who wont go lower than 250 because it's his money, what can you do? I've suggested so much but it's only annoying him. I tell him, I'm trying to help him out with the situation. The only thing I can think of is give him the difference out of my own pocket. I mean, he can be SO stubborn sometimes. "

Anyway, glad it all turned out for the best and hope you have heaps on fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results