shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I don''t know what to do......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So FF and I are going to see Coldplay tomorrow night. But when the tickets went for sale a few months ago, I bought 2 extra tickets. We were going to sell them but nobody will buy them. NOBODY!!! We have tried ebay, craigslist and asking about everyone we know. My boss was originally going to buy them from me but it turns out her boyfriend has to work so now she wont buy them. If we don't sell these tickets, FF is going to be FUMING mad because I paid for them with HIS credit card. They are really good seats front and center to the stage at Club Level. I haven't even had time this week to get excited about the concert because I am so worried about these extra tickets. I keep suggesting this and that to FF all week long and I am already driving him nuts about it.

Several people from craigslist have responded but then whenever FF replies back to them, he gets no response after that. I don't know what to do. I'm freaking out here cause.........($250!!!)
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
God help me.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worst comes to worst just go to the concert an hour or so beforehand and try to sell them yourself outside. It isn''t scalping if you are charging face value or less, so I''d just do that personally.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we discussed that but is a last resort. I''d really HATE to be out there trying to sell tickets and then not sell them at all. That would be awful.

BTW, I never bought these tickets to make a profit off of them. I didn''t know which seats we would want and FF wasn''t there when I bought the tickets (he knew I was going to buy a pair though) and then I figured well, we can just sell the ones we don''t use...
20.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Man I''d buy them if I could!
31.gif
I''m jealous, would love to see them again! I am sorry
7.gif
...looks like selling them outside is probably the last option.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never sold tickets like that outside of a venue. I wonder how many people even show up to buy tickets like that? I worry that nobody would be there to buy and I''d end up with $250 worth of tickets un-used.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 2:01:09 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I''ve never sold tickets like that outside of a venue. I wonder how many people even show up to buy tickets like that? I worry that nobody would be there to buy and I''d end up with $250 worth of tickets un-used.

You might. But if you don''t sell them beforehand you''ll end up with $250 worth of unused tickets too.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Can you donate them to a charity and take the $250 as a tax deduction?

I would normally recommend stubhub.com - but I think it is too late for that.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think my boyfriend would want to donate them. Good idea though..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will think good thoughts for you that you sell them soon!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I would drop the price on them. Better than nothing! When I sold some tickets on Craigslist, I also put a phone number on the listing. I seemed to get more responses that way. Don''t forget to meet them with your boyfriend or have only your boyfriend meet up with them.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 2:43:25 PM
Author: heraanderson
I would drop the price on them. Better than nothing! When I sold some tickets on Craigslist, I also put a phone number on the listing. I seemed to get more responses that way. Don''t forget to meet them with your boyfriend or have only your boyfriend meet up with them.

It''s really not safe for a guy to go by himself either. Both of you meet in a very public area if you do this.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy!

heraanderson- I''ve suggested to him on dropping the price but he is so stubborn and says he wants what he paid for them. I keep telling him I will pay him the difference (since I''m the one who bought them) I should suggest putting the phone number on the listing. Thanks.

SarahLovesJS- Exactly. This is so un-safe that I''m worried about it all together. I''m trying real hard to sell them to someone here at work.....Come on people!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take some friends with and enjoy the concert together.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your boss should be paying for the tickets if there was the understanding that you would be buying the tickets and then she''d pay you back. That''s pretty rude of her to back out of her end of the deal. I would be mad. But, yes, she''s your boss, so you cannot confront her. lol

Selling on CL can be a huge pain in the butt. People are extremely flakey. I guess your best bet is looking on there and seeing what the lowest price for tickets is and then putting yours up for cheaper.

Best of luck to you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 3:31:18 PM
Author: MC
Your boss should be paying for the tickets if there was the understanding that you would be buying the tickets and then she''d pay you back. That''s pretty rude of her to back out of her end of the deal. I would be mad. But, yes, she''s your boss, so you cannot confront her. lol

I don''t think that was the case. I think DG bought two sets initially because she wasn''t sure what seats to get, then figured she''d sell them later. Boss stepped in after they were already bought.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I had the tickets before she knew I had them. Then I accidentally said I had extra tickets about a month and a half ago to her and she said she wanted them. So I told my boyfriend about it and we waited a while then when I asked her if she still wanted them she was like "yes!" then she had to think about it for a half a week and then told me nevermind because her boyfriend had to work. But she keeps telling me she really wants to go. She is an absolute wonderful person. I even suggested giving her one ticket for $50 but she was like "No way, I can''t do that to you!"

There is someone else at work that wants to go badly but her husband is working too. So I suggested that they both buy one ticket each and then they both get to go........They both think it is a great idea but haven''t really done anything about it.

These seats are actually not with my seats. They are seperate.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like I missed that part. . .Okay, good I''m glad to hear that!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The concert is tomorrow...I would rather be out only SOME money than all of it. I would seriously consider discounting the tickets at this point. I wouldn''t want to risk getting NOTHING for them. And I personally would not want to deal with trying to sell them outside at the venue, although a lot of the time people really do show up and buy tickets that way. But the stress and possibility of not selling them at all would probably convince me to try and unload them today and take a loss. I hope they get sold!

QueenG

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if anyone mentioned this, and it''s too late at this point b/c it is less than 24-hours before the concert, but I have used Stubhub.com to get rid of extra tickets. They are afiliated with Ebay and are an amazing and effortless way to get rid of unwanted tickets or to find tickets, guaranteed legitimate or your money back. I''m sorry you are having trouble selling your tickets. I think if you don''t end up finding anyone to sell them too, do what Karl suggested. It''s a nice tihng to do for someone, the tickets would be wasted otherwise, and most friends would at least offer to give you part of the ticket price in return (or at least a couple of drinks before the concert!). Good luck and don''t let this dilemma ruin the show for you!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I guess the problem with selling the tickets for less is- when you have a stubborn boyfriend who wont go lower than 250 because it''s his money, what can you do? I''ve suggested so much but it''s only annoying him. I tell him, I''m trying to help him out with the situation. The only thing I can think of is give him the difference out of my own pocket. I mean, he can be SO stubborn sometimes.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 4:51:53 PM
I guess the problem with selling the tickets for less is- when you have a stubborn boyfriend who wont go lower than 250 because it''s his money, what can you do? I''ve suggested so much but it''s only annoying him. I tell him, I''m trying to help him out with the situation. The only thing I can think of is give him the difference out of my own pocket. I mean, he can be SO stubborn sometimes.

You are saying that you are trying to help HIM with this situation, but it seems like he wouldn''t be in this situation if you hadn''t bought 4 tickets on his card in the first place right? Thus, I think you need to take the reins and do what you can to sell these tickets, even if it means taking a loss yourself and/or annoying him.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We''ve sold some tickets outside the venue. If you just walk from the front of the line to get in to the back with them in hand, there are bound to be people who need to buy. You''ll probably take a hit, but better to recoup some money then just waste them, right?

That sucks, that''s why we had to sell ours too. Figured someone would want to go, but no!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, if you sell them before the show, you're going to take a loss (unless by some miracle, someone pays what you're asking). Try and sell them for the price offered or you'll be $250 out. I'm sure there will be people outside trying to buy tickets, but probably not for what you're asking.

Good luck honey. AND enjoy the show!!! I love Coldplay!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand why he would rather be without any money back than to sell them at a cheaper rate. It doesn''t make any sense. Mind you I think you could sell them outside the venue.. my son has gone to gigs before and bought tickets outside. Lots of his friends do it.

Good Luck!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 2:01:09 PM
Hi Dreamgirl,

I love Coldplay! My BF and I actually went to a Coldplay concert in July. Ticketmaster tickets sold out within a minute and I had a lot of difficulty finding tix on craigslist where the seller would respond to my request or where they weren''t astronomically above the selling price. So, BF and i decided to head to the venue with $200 in hand and we bought tickets without an issue. I actually talked to the guy down so that we at least paid face value for the tickets. The concert was phenomenal!!! It was the 2nd Coldplay concert we''ve been to and they are much more amazing live (in case you haven''t been before).

My BF has also sold tickets in front of the venue...they were for a sports event. We had 3 extra tickets that he got from work and we got the face value for them even though he had bought them for cheaper. There are scalpers that look to BUY not just to sell (at least that''s how it is in Toronto).

Good luck and have fun!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 5:00:58 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/20/2008 4:51:53 PM

You are saying that you are trying to help HIM with this situation, but it seems like he wouldn''t be in this situation if you hadn''t bought 4 tickets on his card in the first place right? Thus, I think you need to take the reins and do what you can to sell these tickets, even if it means taking a loss yourself and/or annoying him.
I agree with Neatfreak here. Give him the full ticket price for the tickets, and try and sell them yourself for whatever you can get for them. Problem solved (hopefully).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Uhhhh this is so frustrating. I can't even look forward to the concert because I'm so worried about these other stupid tickets. The one person at work that was thinking hard about buying one of them from me just said she decided no...
40.gif
So then my boss can't buy the other one because she has nobody to go with her.

This other woman I work with has a son who is interested but he said 120 for both. That is 60 each. That would be a HUGE loss and not just a slight loss. I don't know if I gave him a counter offer if he would still want them or not.

Last option I guess is to sell them there, but I worry so much that nobody will be there to buy them. Or, if someone comes along and its the only person and they offer some crazy amount less than the tickets, FF will be so upset with me and the concert wont be any fun because we will both be upset about the tickets.

ETA- Oh, and on top of that....I've had 3 people tell me today how they hate concerts at the Pepsi Center because the sound is horrible. This whole thing is turning into a disaster and it was just supposed to be a fun night out.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why did he buy four in the first place? I don''t understand why you''re responsible for it ... the same thing could have happened to him if he''d promised them to flaky friends? Let him deal if he''s gonna be hardheaded about it & remind him of this next time he wants to buy 4 tickets.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
deco-

Date: 11/20/2008 12:31:06 PM
BTW, I never bought these tickets to make a profit off of them. I didn't know which seats we would want and FF wasn't there when I bought the tickets (he knew I was going to buy a pair though) and then I figured well, we can just sell the ones we don't use...
20.gif
I bought the tickets.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Since they haven''t sold out the venue and there are tickets available at all price levels you are either going to have to sit next to empty seats or take less money and at least get something back. This will be a good indicator about the stubborness of your FF and how reasonable he is in difficult situations.

They most likely would sell if the price was right. If no one buys them who is out the money, you or FF?

I do hope you solve this problem and can enjoy the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results