shape
carat
color
clarity

Help, I bought an Uncerted Diamond!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Frankly, I would be surprised if this gem had come with a report. As was mentioned above, there is little difference between a P and a Q or an R-S-T as far as pricing goes. I would be MORE worried if it had a report from a secondary lab than no report at all. That would indicate looking for a report to comfort the people who do not know that the report is worthless.

Since the diamond is being sold as an SI, take a 10x loupe and look for the inclusions. If you see a cloud or a cavity, send it back if their presence bothers you. If you cannot also see them with your eye, then you will need to decide if just knowing they are there is a deal killer, or if you love the look of the diamond enough not to care.

Wink

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the listing @acv123. Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 6.27.47 PM.png I am unsure as to how to post screenshots. Diamond is with appraiser.

wifelife

Rough_Rock
Hi @princessandthepear. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking at purchasing an uncertified diamond with Ivy & Rose and was just curious how the appraisal of the diamond went?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @princessandthepear. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking at purchasing an uncertified diamond with Ivy & Rose and was just curious how the appraisal of the diamond went?

I decided not to keep the diamond. The appraisal came back at an R-S color and SI-1 clarity. Ivy & Rose had listed the diamond as probably O-P and SI-1. The diamond was lovely but it just wasn’t the one for me. Sometimes I regret returning it. The way the faceting spiraled around the diamond reminded me of a rosebud with the petals beginning to open.

Reactions: AV_

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
is it from Ivy and Rose/my diamond zone? Is it weird to say I recognize that hand from inquiries I've made there? I think it looks lovely and definitely has potential, doesn't look like there are any dark inclusions or anything under the table. I've been tempted by a lot of their inventory, they usually have a pretty good eye.

I love this, that we, my beloved bling nerds, recognize hand models

wifelife

Rough_Rock
I decided not to keep the diamond. The appraisal came back at an R-S color and SI-1 clarity. Ivy & Rose had listed the diamond as probably O-P and SI-1. The diamond was lovely but it just wasn’t the one for me. Sometimes I regret returning it. The way the faceting spiraled around the diamond reminded me of a rosebud with the petals beginning to open.

Thanks for your response, I found an uncertified oec with ivy and rose but I may keep looking and keep it as my backup.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results