shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for a 10th Anniversary Gift

Vigil

Rough_Rock
Hello Community,

So, I want to start this out with a confession that I am a man who knows nothing about jewelry.

I'm a United States Marine who is going to be deployed for training soon, missing both of my kid's birthdays and my 10th wedding anniversary. As you can imagine... my wife is less than thrilled with me right now.

That said, I have a vision for a piece of jewelry for our 10th anniversary, but I'm not sure how to go about making it happen so I was hoping you all could help me out.

What I'd like to have made is a white gold necklace pendant made of an Celtic Motherhood knot, about 1" to 1.25" in length. Now I've looked around and found a few things that are sorta close on Etsy, Pinterest and other locals but nothing that was professional looking or in white gold. So where do I go from here? How do I find people who make things like this or may already have something like this in their store? If I am going to have it custom made, how can I ensure they are a reputable business?

Mothers Knot.jpg

Thank you in advance for all your help.

makocz

Rough_Rock
Hello Community,

So, I want to start this out with a confession that I am a man who knows nothing about jewelry.

I'm a United States Marine who is going to be deployed for training soon, missing both of my kid's birthdays and my 10th wedding anniversary. As you can imagine... my wife is less than thrilled with me right now.

That said, I have a vision for a piece of jewelry for our 10th anniversary, but I'm not sure how to go about making it happen so I was hoping you all could help me out.

What I'd like to have made is a white gold necklace pendant made of an Celtic Motherhood knot, about 1" to 1.25" in length. Now I've looked around and found a few things that are sorta close on Etsy, Pinterest and other locals but nothing that was professional looking or in white gold. So where do I go from here? How do I find people who make things like this or may already have something like this in their store? If I am going to have it custom made, how can I ensure they are a reputable business?

Mothers Knot.jpg

Thank you in advance for all your help.

This is very nice and romantic design that doesn't seem to come in gold. You can ask people on etsy that have it in silver, to make it for you in while gold, and 90% chances, it will look same as picture. I have comissioned few things from various people on etsy, and never got a bummer. You can also try basically every jewelry store in the mall, show them the design and 70% of them would agree to custom order it for you and can give you estimate and time. You can even add few birthstones to it (from months of your kids, yours or her), to make it really "family bond" like.

I saw simple celtic love knot in white gold here

https://www.allurez.com/necklaces-a...1OPu2AIVC4FpCh0fEAgCEAQYAiABEgIYJ_D_BwE&ver=7

Now honestly speaking, although idea is romantic and cute, I wouldn't personally gift it for 10 year anniversary, rather monther's day or may be Valentines. 10 years is a milestone, is a decade together. You would want to give something that can be a family hairloom and last generations. Your daugher can wear it one day, or son can gift to his bride. Such item should be timeless, hold resale value and shouldn't depreciate with time. Should be something that would made you proud too.

Now 10 year anniversary has white and blue color (so white gold is a good pick) or diamonds and saphires, so I would search within this lines. I would consider tiffany's, cartier love ring white gold ($700), or rolex watch (genuine like new woman's rolex watches on therealreal.com are like $1500-2500 some even with diamonds)!

Comissioning this necklace in gold will cost optimistically speaking from $350-$500-$750 and won't hold any value, beside sentiment. If one day they need to sell it, pound shop might offer $75 like for scrap and ebay $150-200 max. Might also not sweep wife of her feet nor wow your social world. Just my few cents... I am in the same boat, also celebrating 10 years in September, so I totally understand the situation, crunching the options and numbers too :)

Last edited:

Vigil

Rough_Rock
Makocz,

First, thanks for the information.
Second, thanks for the insight.

This may be a typical man thing but I really had no idea that a 10th anniversary had colors, themes or gem stones associated with it. And you bring up some good points about significance of a tenth anniversary and how the associated gift should be timeless. Potential resale isn't that big of a concern for me but again you bring up a good point.

So out to the community again, what would you fine folkes want for your tenth anniversary? Say, with a budget that topped out around 1.5k-2k?

makocz

Rough_Rock
Makocz,

First, thanks for the information.
Second, thanks for the insight.

This may be a typical man thing but I really had no idea that a 10th anniversary had colors, themes or gem stones associated with it. And you bring up some good points about significance of a tenth anniversary and how the associated gift should be timeless. Potential resale isn't that big of a concern for me but again you bring up a good point.

So out to the community again, what would you fine folkes want for your tenth anniversary? Say, with a budget that topped out around 1.5k-2k?

Just spoted this on sale, has a little bit of celtic hearts design, is unique and great value.
cheers

https://www.therealreal.com/product.../necklace-18k-pave-diamond-pendant-necklace-8

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Makocz,

PEARLS! White freshwater pearl necklace, 16 inch, 7-8mm all nacre!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results