carat
color
clarity

Help finding the right Oval LGD please!

DigBick

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

First time posting!

I'm hoping you can assist with finding the right Oval LGD for me to propose with! I'm based in Australia so unfortunately cannot take advantage of the free returns offered so would love your assistance in finding the perfect stone the first time around!

I've done a lot of research online and these are the following characteristics table and depth percentages (please let me know if otherwise) that are deemed ideal alongside my general preferences for the stone:

Shape: Oval
Carat Size: 2.6 - 2.8
Colour: D - F
Clarity: VS1 - IF
L/W Ratio: 1.42 - 1.48 (She has narrow fingers and loves the elongated look)
Budget: ~$4000USD (Can stretch slightly further for the right stone)
Table: 56% - 62%
Depth: 59% - 63.5%
*Partner really loves the crushed ice/sparkle look*

Websites i've had a look at include:
  1. James Allen - Stones seem to be pricier than competitors
  2. Adiamor - Have shortlisted a few below
  3. WhiteFlash - Didn't seem to have many that fit within my criteria
  4. DistinctiveGem - Large range but found the website super clunky to view multiple diamonds/open multiple tabs (Have emailed for recommendations)
+++
These are the following ones that I have narrowed down so far, please let me know your thoughts and if you have any other suggestions based on above! I would also love to learn some tips on deciphering videos where the diamond is spinning vertically instead of horizontally as I am only confident in judging based off the latter.

Option 1: 2.71ct E VVS2 (Best sparkle?)
Website: https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/2.71-ct-E-VVS2-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D54532424
Report: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=1479145474
Concerns: 1. Girdle is Slightly Thick - Thick 2. "Indented Crystal Surface Inclusion" which unfortunately the certificate doesn't show visual location
Option 2: 2.78ct F VVS1
Website: https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/2.78-ct-F-VVS1-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D54509167
Report: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=7473451430
Concerns: 1. No visual on location of inclusion on certificate
Option 3: 2.70ct E VVS2
Website: https://www.adiamor.com/Lab-Diamonds/2.70-ct-E-VVS2-Excellent-Cut-Oval-Diamond/D54529892
Report: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6471260520
Concerns: 1. Girdle is Slightly Thick - Thick 2. No visual on location of inclusion on certificate

Thanks for your help! Please let me know if you need any more info!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, there! First off, how exciting! Looking forward to you finding the perfect stone to propose with. Secondly, I'm not an expert by any means but, of the three options you shared, I like the first the best. #2 is beautiful but I see blue nuance in the video and #3 I see a more pronounced bow tie in the video. I wish I could speak more to your concerns but unfortunately, I can't offer much here. Hopefully the experts can chime in! Good Luck!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I took a quick look at Adiamor and here are three more options that caught my eye:

Good luck!

DigBick

Rough_Rock
Hi, there! First off, how exciting! Looking forward to you finding the perfect stone to propose with. Secondly, I'm not an expert by any means but, of the three options you shared, I like the first the best. #2 is beautiful but I see blue nuance in the video and #3 I see a more pronounced bow tie in the video. I wish I could speak more to your concerns but unfortunately, I can't offer much here. Hopefully the experts can chime in! Good Luck!

Thanks JV for the comments. I also like the first stone more but concerned about the inclusions. Will see what others have to comment.

DigBick

Rough_Rock
I took a quick look at Adiamor and here are three more options that caught my eye:

Good luck!

Thanks for this! Would you mind sharing your reasoning behind these stones and how they stand out to you?

From my understanding, I can see these stones have nice and clearly defined facets through the middle which is awesome, but elsewhere appears mushy to me (I could be wrong)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DigBick

Rough_Rock
Option one out of the three candidates.
Two has blue nuance
Three has a more pronounced bowtie effect.

Thanks @DejaWiz

Any concerns with the "Indented Crystal Surface Inclusion" as stated on the report with Option 1?

In addition, another option I've found is this 2.72ct D VVS2:
Vid: https://www.medialink.email/v1/admin/diamonds/71234976/non_orbit
Cert: gia.edu/report-check?reportno=3475145626

Does this have a better sparkle than option 1? and does it have a blue nuance?

Thanks for your help on this.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @DejaWiz

Any concerns with the "Indented Crystal Surface Inclusion" as stated on the report with Option 1?

In addition, another option I've found is this 2.72ct D VVS2:
Vid: https://www.medialink.email/v1/admin/diamonds/71234976/non_orbit
Cert: gia.edu/report-check?reportno=3475145626

Does this have a better sparkle than option 1? and does it have a blue nuance?

Thanks for your help on this.

You're very welcome!
Not much worry to me at VVS clarity.
Not seeing any signs of obvious blue nuance in this 2.72 - Which one looks better to your eyes?

DigBick

Rough_Rock
You're very welcome!
Not much worry to me at VVS clarity.
Not seeing any signs of obvious blue nuance in this 2.72 - Which one looks better to your eyes?

To me, I'm liking the colour on the 2.72ct and I see ever so slightly nicer facets when comparing.

The question is if it is worth an extra $400 on top of option 1. What are your thoughts?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's one that is just out of your specs for LxW but meets everything else.
CxbRkIhS1yD

edit: Whoops, it's a bit out of your carat range. Oh, well...Eye candy everyone!

DigBick

Rough_Rock
Here's one that is just out of your specs for LxW but meets everything else.
CxbRkIhS1yD

edit: Whoops, it's a bit out of your carat range. Oh, well...Eye candy everyone!

4ct!! I think that would hang off the side of my partners finger haha

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this! Would you mind sharing your reasoning behind these stones and how they stand out to you?

From my understanding, I can see these stones have nice and clearly defined facets through the middle which is awesome, but elsewhere appears mushy to me (I could be wrong)

No rhyme or reason, unfortunately. Just ones that caught my eye. I purchased two ovals based on this very unqualified method, lol, and feel like I lucked out (you can see my post history for pictures/videos of those ovals). I understand though that you won't be able to take advantage free returns so you can't take the same risk. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on!

DigBick

Rough_Rock
To me, I'm liking the colour on the 2.72ct and I see ever so slightly nicer facets when comparing.

The question is if it is worth an extra $400 on top of option 1. What are your thoughts?

@DejaWiz Would you agree with me here? I'm happy to do the extra if the stone has more sparkle. :kiss2:

DigBick

Rough_Rock
No rhyme or reason, unfortunately. Just ones that caught my eye. I purchased two ovals based on this very unqualified method, lol, and feel like I lucked out (you can see my post history for pictures/videos of those ovals). I understand though that you won't be able to take advantage free returns so you can't take the same risk. Looking forward to seeing what you decide on!

Wow just had a look and the ones you bought are amazing :shock: Hoping the one I end up with sparkles like that!!

Wil definitely post pictures/videos once it comes in

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4ct!! I think that would hang off the side of my partners finger haha

What size ring does she wear? It's not likely, but she would be floored! You HAVE heard of DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome), right?

DigBick

Rough_Rock
She wears an Australian F1/2 or US 3 1/4. :oops2:

If she does have DSS, I would purchase her a nice pair of glasses to cure this. Jk :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results