shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding Old European Cut diamonds, please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannanicering

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We have a 1.5 carat old european cut diamond that has been in the family. I am interested in 3 stone settings and was wondering where I could find old european cut side stones (each stone about 1/3 carat), and also possibly the setting itself.
I did a search on pricescope for these diamonds and there were no results. So I am really at a loss as to where to find these OEC stones. Is it possible to find these in this small of a size? Does anyone currently cut in this style? Or do I have to find someone willing to sell these diamonds, maybe without a setting (if they don't have one I like)?

Thank you so much for your help.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.diamondwholesale.cc for Old European diamonds, the smallest they have though is .45c, the carat sizes go up from there. I saw a post earlier today on a 3 stone ring, and it was noted that it might be preferrable to have the 2 side stones equal up to the large size stone in the middle, so if that was true, you'd want more along the lines of a .75 diamond on each side of the 1.50. If that is the case, there are plenty of stones on diamondwholesale.cc for you to view.

For settings, check out www.whiteflash.com in their Rings section, I think they have a few 3 stone settings.

Good luck!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
You can find them on eBay in all different sizes. Just be careful & get as much info as possible!

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Here's a .37 E-F VS-SI Mine cut on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=986841990

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I'm not mistaken, Mine Cut is different from OEC's as the OEC's are an round style, while Mine are more of a rounded corner square?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Dave Atlas (Old Miner) has a nice stock of Old European Cuts. Reasonable prices, and you have assurance of the grading with his AGA lab doing the work.

His website is at http://www.gemappraisers.com/index.htm

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results