shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding diamond necklace 10 days til wedding!

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - it's crunch time for me - wedding is in 10 days and my fiance told me to pick out a diamond necklace with a $10k budget -- AHH!

not sure if i should do tennis necklace or something else - definitely want as blingy and sparkly as possible - will be in LA on Tuesday ... any help/suggestions on where to look online or there is much appreciated thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone - it's crunch time for me - wedding is in 10 days and my fiance told me to pick out a diamond necklace with a $10k budget -- AHH!

not sure if i should do tennis necklace or something else - definitely want as blingy and sparkly as possible - will be in LA on Tuesday ... any help/suggestions on where to look online or there is much appreciated thank you!

That is a pretty nice budget. What is your style? Antique? Modern? I think a diamond choker would look amazing if the neckline of your wedding dress is flattering for a choker. Please tell use what else you will be wearing that day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some vendors in LA (I think they are located there) who have amazing antique diamonds and jewelry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
omg that necklace is amazing! i would say my style is just big and blingy - i dont like a lot of metal showing! my dress will be strappless with neck/decolletage exposed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg that necklace is amazing! i would say my style is just big and blingy - i dont like a lot of metal showing! my dress will be strappless with neck/decolletage exposed!

Your dress sounds beautiful and a diamond choker or similar necklace to the above would be amazing. The vendors I linked you to are pretty great. Call them and ask them what they have that fits the bill and within your budget.

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU! i think the only thing is that i dont want something used! would you say these r all second hand?

Reactions: AV_

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
If you want new, why not Tiffany or Cartier? They have boutiques there and you can run in and find something really classic - and they will serve you champagne. No joke.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU! i think the only thing is that i dont want something used! would you say these r all second hand?

Then that leaves out all true antique bling and you want something newly made. They have new items too but perhaps someone else can chime in with vendors who deal with newly made pieces who are located in LA. I am only familiar with antique vendors as that is my passion. Antique. I love everything about antiques but it is not everyone's cup of tea. I am sure whatever you chose will be beautiful and you will be a beautiful bride.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want new, why not Tiffany or Cartier? They have boutiques there and you can run in and find something really classic - and they will serve you champagne. No joke.

Great suggestion. But you won't get the most bang for your buck and 10 grand won't go as far there. But if you love name brands that is a wonderful choice.

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium

i'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic....

there are thousands of other places i can go than tiffany or cartier which are a huge rip off for non trademarked designs. if i want a love bracelet i would go to cartier- diamond necklace?? not the best value IMO.

for example a tennis bracelet i saw at tiffany for over $30k I can also get from other shops I know and trust for $10k for the same carat weight and stone quality. i could have got my E-ring there or even had my band made there for quadruple the cost ... but why would i do that? my e ring and wedding band were both made by maytal hannah who is absolutely amazing and cost me about 1/4 of what it would at cartier or tiffany...... .

again not sure if u are being serious or sarcastic so apologies if i took it the wrong way but i'm not really sure of the intent of your response.

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Then that leaves out all true antique bling and you want something newly made. They have new items too but perhaps someone else can chime in with vendors who deal with newly made pieces who are located in LA. I am only familiar with antique vendors as that is my passion. Antique. I love everything about antiques but it is not everyone's cup of tea. I am sure whatever you chose will be beautiful and you will be a beautiful bride.

thank you so much!! you are so kind!! yes every person has their own style!! i have a few contacts there which i will pursue as well. thank u for introducing me to these and for your help!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What about a diamond heart? Or diamond riveriera necklace? Also Costco has some stunning necklaces too. Cant wait to hear what you find! I'm in a boat similar to you and I too have a strapless dress and have decided on wearing a vintage diamond heart. I just need the bracelet lol! You are going to find something beautiful and blingy! Have fun and best wishes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you so much!! you are so kind!! yes every person has their own style!! i have a few contacts there which i will pursue as well. thank u for introducing me to these and for your help!

My pleasure!

And fwiw I am completely sure @PreRaphaelite was sincere in her suggestion. She was not being sarcastic or anything like that. Just offering another way to go. I know she meant no harm by her suggestion.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic....

again not sure if u are being serious or sarcastic so apologies if i took it the wrong way but i'm not really sure of the intent of your response.
I don't think @PreRaphaelite was being sarcastic. If you want new, Tiffany and Cartier are good places to start. It's too bad you don't want vintage or estate, because the vendors that @missy suggested are all great. To that list, I would add:

https://jackweirandsons.com/

https://www.beladora.com

Both in Beverly Hills literally a couple of blocks from each other.

David Klass is in the LA jewelry district and he has ready-made stuff in his shop, all new AFAIK. You might check there.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
My cousin lives in LA. She’s a former NYC model who now works for a major film studio. When the time came for her to pick out a ring, she went to Cartier. The whole experience, including the champagne, was a whirlwind of romance and excitement. She was thrilled.

Seasoned PSers know me for my sincerity and lack of guile. OP asked for fast turnaround, not value for money, and stated she wanted something new, not vintage or antique. Naturally, I thought of my cousin’s experience. It’s a shame my comment was misunderstood, but I meant well. I’m bowing out. Good luck.

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium

YES i am speaking with them - love IDJ! they sent me this 11 tcw - it's slightly over budget but such a stunner - i think we may be able to pull it off - they also sent me the 8 which is gorgeous!

What do you guys think about the diamond quality for IDJ - they are great people and i've been to the store but i will likely have to buy this without viewing it since i need it ASAP lol! when i say quality i care less about the "on paper specs" for this piece and more about the sparkle!

Attachments

• IMG_1199.png
    IMG_1199.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 127

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My cousin lives in LA. She’s a former NYC model who now works for a major film studio. When the time came for her to pick out a ring, she went to Cartier. The whole experience, including the champagne, was a whirlwind of romance and excitement. She was thrilled.

Seasoned PSers know me for my sincerity and lack of guile. OP asked for fast turnaround, not value for money, and stated she wanted something new, not vintage or antique. Naturally, I thought of my cousin’s experience. It’s a shame my comment was misunderstood, but I meant well. I’m bowing out. Good luck.

I apologize for misunderstanding you and i appreciate your help. tone is difficult to convey over text and i misunderstood. apologies. <3

elizat

Ideal_Rock
One thing to think about is wear again. I know it's a special day, but I would want something I'd wear again. If you will wear a tennis necklace, that's great! But I would think about how much wear you will get in the future too for that budget.

L

lydial

The riviera!!! I myself bought a nice decoy CZ riviera necklace for my wedding, it was about $400 at Nordstrom. Real 14k WG, I know it is not what the OP is looking for... but everyone at my wedding thought it was real/rented How I wish I had $20k for the real thing though!

SparklenHue123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One thing to think about is wear again. I know it's a special day, but I would want something I'd wear again. If you will wear a tennis necklace, that's great! But I would think about how much wear you will get in the future too for that budget.
Great point ! I would totally rock a tennis necklace daily!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another one I am considering - what do you guys think?
Pretty, but how wearable would this be after the wedding? The nice thing about the Riviera/tennis necklace if that it's wearable for everyday. @hypermom has one that she rocks daily!! Perhaps daily wear isn't a factor? Oh, and I think that the diamond quality from IDJ would be fine.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was buying my diamond necklace I searched long and hard. I wanted best bang for the buck.
i found DeeJay Jewelers on eBay. They are located in LA. i think they are also bricks and mortar apart from being on eBay. They shipped to me here in Australia no problem. I couldn’t fault them and I’ve been buying on eBay 15 years! The diamonds were white, well matched and eye clean at polite viewing distance. D0157ED6-BA60-42F2-B0D0-0FDD7ED05D1E.jpeg FD319B19-C5EE-4EFB-844C-573A18ABB65F.jpeg 6686A047-8CDF-43F6-B405-708A4BEB38B0.jpeg
They have many at different price points. for $10,000 there’s a cluster style 20tcwt or a Riverina style 15 tcwt.
Heres some screen shots

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results