shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding diamond for Tacori 2620

Renix01

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I just started my searching last week, and have been scouring the internet, and visited a few jewlers to find some deals. I have a budget of of 20k, but don't feel the need to spend all of it, if i don't have to. I have a quote for a Tacori 2620 in platinum for ~$2k, that I am likely to secure today.

I am still hunting for the diamond to go with this setting. I am looking for:
2ct+
eye clean(SI1-VS2)
near colorless(g-j)
ideal cut/light performance

I have a quote from one of my jewlers for the attached stone, for a ~$15k but haven't seen it in person yet. Do you think this diamond is about as good a deal as I will find, or should I keep looking? Any diamond hunters want to help me out?

Thank you,

Craig

Attachments

• 104108918003-PLDQR.PDF
    561 KB · Views: 79

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On color, in my experience, most people can begin to see body color at an I color from the side and at 45 degree angle. The wearer of a ring sees the stone at 45 degrees most of the time. So, if she is color-observant, she make notice color. Now, adding very white melee stones to the halo can allow the eye to see more color because you can see a contrast. Is this an issue? It depends on your girl and her ability to see color (which is highly individual).

With you budget and setting choice, I'd consider something like this.

WF is an authorized Tacori dealer and it would be a one-stop shopping experience. You really do want the diamond dealer to set the stone, not a 3rd party. These are super-ideal diamonds. You can review all the images online to check their claims.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with using Whiteflash. Their diamonds are top cut quality and I like the options @rockysalamander linked. Many here choose I color to balance their size and budget requirements. That's the lowest I'd go as I can see the tint more in a J.

Definitely never buy a setting before the diamond. Buy the diamond first, then decide about the setting. Best to have the diamond seller set the stone in the very rare case a diamond is damaged during setting. If you do buy a setting elsewhere, it can be sent to the diamond seller, but there usually would be a setting fee in that case. Don't buy a display sample unless it happens to be the exact ring size and stone size you need. The setting should be ordered to fit the stone and her finger.

madmanx

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I just started my searching last week, and have been scouring the internet, and visited a few jewlers to find some deals. I have a budget of of 20k, but don't feel the need to spend all of it, if i don't have to. I have a quote for a Tacori 2620 in platinum for ~$2k, that I am likely to secure today.

I am still hunting for the diamond to go with this setting. I am looking for:
2ct+
eye clean(SI1-VS2)
near colorless(g-j)
ideal cut/light performance

I have a quote from one of my jewlers for the attached stone, for a ~$15k but haven't seen it in person yet. Do you think this diamond is about as good a deal as I will find, or should I keep looking? Any diamond hunters want to help me out?

Thank you,

Craig

Hello Craig
You mind sharing the source for your 2620. Was interested in the same setting but not sure where to go to
Thank you

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Craig
You mind sharing the source for your 2620. Was interested in the same setting but not sure where to go to
Thank you

Not Craig, but since he may not be around, I recommend Whiteflash for Tacori settings (and diamonds, for that matter!). Please note that you should have the diamond before you order a setting and it should be made to fit the diamond and her finger size.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I bought the same Tacori Dantela ring for my wife minus the halo. It's a beauty.

I would echo the same concern above - if you're going lower color I'd ditch the halo. Also at 2ct on a cathedral setting, color will come through for sure on the side so personally I'd stick to H to be safe - I at the absolute lowest but it better be a strong I.

Honestly, at the size range you're shopping at (2+ct) I'd go for a solitaire setting and let it shine on its own. Halo is a personal thing, but my view is most people get halos to make their stones look larger and clearly you won't have that issue. In some cases I think it actually cheapens the look of a gorgeous center stone but that's my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results