shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding Dark Gray Pear

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Personally I would choose the white diamonds as I like the contrast. But the alternative, I agree, would be matching spinel melee or whichever colour undertone it shows - would make for a fun complimentary play on colour.

Edited to say - setting it in white metal would bring down the contrast of diamond melee but up the sparkle factor :)
What do you think of setting in black rhodium?

Thank you!

BTW, when I looked at it the first time there was no other indication of interest. When I just went back to get it two other people had it in their carts! I *think* I just bought it (according to the confirmation from Etsy and the notification I just got from AmEx, so I hope that's true) and I'll let you know when it comes.

Threadjack over!!!!!
No worries and can’t wait to see it!

People will absolutely lurk on here and snipe gems that have been discussed. Not PSers cos we have etiquette but lurkers who don’t want to do the work of hunting their own gems. @emegumi, that’s why you’re recommended to put a hold on the gem you are are considering or at least enter in communication with the seller so they don’t sell it.
Ahhh that’s good to know. I put 3 on hold with gemcal until I can get videos!! He seems very nice. The Instagram sellers will post videos they send me right to their stories if I don’t buy immediately :roll2:

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Black rhodium is an interesting choice - it may darken the spinel up. It often looks metallic grey, as I am sure you have seen, and undertone of the stone pending could blend in well. If the spinel and metal match, I would think it may be necessary to then have a bit of contrast in the side stones to liven things up. Or go full monochrome with matching melee. Choices are endless :)

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
You can do black rhodium for the head but I wouldn’t do it for the band as it will wear off quickly there. Even an oxidized silver finish will wear off.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Black rhodium is an interesting choice - it may darken the spinel up. It often looks metallic grey, as I am sure you have seen, and undertone of the stone pending could blend in well. If the spinel and metal match, I would think it may be necessary to then have a bit of contrast in the side stones to liven things up. Or go full monochrome with matching melee. Choices are endless :)

You can do black rhodium for the head but I wouldn’t do it for the band as it will wear off quickly there. Even an oxidized silver finish will wear off.

Glad I asked! White gold it is.

Would you use spinel for a pave band? Or would it be best to stick with diamonds? Is there a huge difference visually?

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Not a pear, but looks pure gray...

I was looking at this page and they post the same stones as @mr.spinel

Do you think it could be a scam?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the heads up! I haven't bought anything from them, but will unfollow now.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BTW, if you purchase from Mr. Spinel, pay for the shipping. I didn't want to spend $50 on $75 worth of melee, but it's been forever and they haven't arrived. He warned me the regular mail was slow!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, if you purchase from Mr. Spinel, pay for the shipping. I didn't want to spend $50 on $75 worth of melee, but it's been forever and they haven't arrived. He warned me the regular mail was slow!

I learned that lesson the hard way too, sigh.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! Wanted to update you with what I've purchased!

From @Mr.Spinel on IG
1.96 Pear Pair - thinking of doing earrings ($115)
1.13 Pear ($70)

From @valleyofgems.official
3.29 Pear Pair - matching rings for my mom and I ($720)
Cert from GFCO Lab - based on this forum not considered reputable which I am kicking myself for...

Still looking for a rectangular cushion! Waiting to hear back from GemCal, Multicolour, and zaki_gems (ig).

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they are all gorgeous! Congrats to you

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

They are the same. He posts GSG pictures and vice versa.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Here are my cushion/oval contenders. Would love to hear your thoughts everyone!

$1,650 for 2.56 ct

Pending price for 3.53 ct

$255 for 1.95ct

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
The last video got flagged for some reason lol..

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes to the middle, 3.53 ct one. Very interesting, and I love how sparkly it looks. It is also a lighter stone compared to the other two which I think may black out. But I think the first stone is a very nice blue for a spinel, nice cut too—just dark.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
My vote goes to the middle, 3.53 ct one. Very interesting, and I love how sparkly it looks. It is also a lighter stone compared to the other two which I think may black out. But I think the first stone is a very nice blue for a spinel, nice cut too—just dark.

This stone is actually the oval I had posted before with the “brown flashes”. I agree that it is super sparkly and thank you for your vote!

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
They are the same. He posts GSG pictures and vice versa.

I think I’ve asked him too many questions. I was trying to buy melee from him and he stopped responding lol. Any recommended vendors for that besides Yvonne?

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Would love to see a photo of your stone! :kiss2:
I purchased one from him today. He seems really nice so I’m hoping the stone is as described!
Hi - it is so hard to capture the colour in photos. It’s a lovely velvet/glow from within. It is exactly what he said it would be. 5905A213-1318-450C-A97C-441675461226.jpeg

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Hi - it is so hard to capture the colour in photos. It’s a lovely velvet/glow from within. It is exactly what he said it would be. 5905A213-1318-450C-A97C-441675461226.jpeg

She’s so lovely!! :love:
He has some very nice milky sapphires, which he said he cuts himself! He showed me a few that would go beautifully with the stone you just bought :loopy:

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
So far everything has been going great and I got some really nice gray pieces that I love!!

Just got this one yesterday.... Wondering if that is an inclusion/fracture or signs of a synthetic stone?

IMG-3521.jpg
IMG-3511.jpg

For background. Vendor sent me photo of the lab report after he got it back from Lotus Gemology. It was gold, meaning that the stone is natural and there were no detections of heat treatments or enhancements. When I verified the report online, it showed that the stone was fracture filled. Lotus states that they give the person who submitted the gem a chance to clean out the oil in order to get a gold report. Same exact situation happened to me before, and the vendor was very good about it and re-sent me pics with a dated piece of paper to verify there were no changes to the appearance of the stone.

I received new video from the vendor of this gray stone and this inclusion was definitely not there. I also used a micrometer to measure the dimensions and they are exactly the same as stated on the lab report. So hopefully he didn't swap what I paid for with something of lesser quality. I'm so disappointed... I haven't seen any sort of inclusions where the gem is see through and completely lacking color so I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks....

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
So far everything has been going great and I got some really nice gray pieces that I love!!

Just got this one yesterday.... Wondering if that is an inclusion/fracture or signs of a synthetic stone?

IMG-3521.jpg
IMG-3511.jpg

For background. Vendor sent me photo of the lab report after he got it back from Lotus Gemology. It was gold, meaning that the stone is natural and there were no detections of heat treatments or enhancements. When I verified the report online, it showed that the stone was fracture filled. Lotus states that they give the person who submitted the gem a chance to clean out the oil in order to get a gold report. Same exact situation happened to me before, and the vendor was very good about it and re-sent me pics with a dated piece of paper to verify there were no changes to the appearance of the stone.

I received new video from the vendor of this gray stone and this inclusion was definitely not there. I also used a micrometer to measure the dimensions and they are exactly the same as stated on the lab report. So hopefully he didn't swap what I paid for with something of lesser quality. I'm so disappointed... I haven't seen any sort of inclusions where the gem is see through and completely lacking color so I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks....

This is really super educational esp about Lotus. Which vendor is this and they send it to the lab at your request? I'm dipping my toe into the direct from IG game and trying to hoover up all the good advice

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock

IMG-3521.jpg
IMG-3511.jpg

Is this from horoscope? He sent me a number of videos of a cushiony stone and the lotus report but no I'm skeptical.

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
This is really super educational esp about Lotus. Which vendor is this and they send it to the lab at your request? I'm dipping my toe into the direct from IG game and trying to hoover up all the good advice

I told him to go to lotus for the certification... just saw your thread!! He is trying to sell you the stone I bought from him and already have in my possession

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Continuation of the thread...

I dm’ed him about the inclusion asking if that was the part that was filled in the online lab report I looked up. He said he buys the stones from local cutters and hasnt heard any treatment regarding spinel...... ummm ok?

He apologized and said that he will be responsible for the spinel and I can do a return/exchange and cover shipping. Then resent me the video he took where the inclusion isn’t showing and said he recorded it with a zoom lens.... At this point, I’m like OK but I just sent you the photos and it’s there so idk why you’re trying to send me an old video.

He asks if I want a refund. I ask if we can do a partial refund and I’ll just keep the stone. I’m going through a true pain in the ___ return with an eBay vendor in the UK, and just don’t want to deal with another. Plus the stone is still OK, just not worth the same value I paid for a clean stone if that makes sense. I’m thinking maybe he can refund me a few hundred dollars at least.

Then he sends me a picture from his PayPal showing he refunded me the full amount for the stone, shipping, insurance and lab report. I reply saying I don’t want to send the stone back though. He said if I like the stone I can keep it and not to worry… I asked if he was sure and said he’s losing out on everything paid for the stone. He says if I do return it to keep the gift he sent me (3 peridots). Then he says “Be Happy”. I said thank you and left it at that.

Well I’m not happy.. I was very skeptical from when I opened the package and saw the “peridots”.. Asked him if he packed someone else’s order with mine and he said it was a gift. That’s a nice gesture and I don’t say anything much because they’re probably fake. Then he refunded me for the entire cost I paid him and told me to just keep the stone. Which I thought was super weird but was thankful for. Now after seeing CSpan’s replies and thread I know something is very wrong here.

The refund is showing on my PayPal but not on my credit card. Paypal says it can take up to 30 days to show up in my account. I’m wondering if he even sent back the money... And if he did can he file something against me for not returning the stone even through he said I don’t need to? I have video recordings and screenshots of our entire conversation but hoping that will even hold up if he tries to dispute with PayPal. A little freaked out because he has my name, home address and phone number. Want to block him on everything but not sure to do.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for all this. He wanted $700 all in and said it would come UPS. He also said the stone was in his office. He came back as if to entice, I dunno, and tell me he was shipping stone to US for majortypo auction. I am so glad I saw your post. Thank goodness for PS

blingbae

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all this. He wanted $700 all in and said it would come UPS. He also said the stone was in his office. He came back as if to entice, I dunno, and tell me he was shipping stone to US for majortypo auction. I am so glad I saw your post. Thank goodness for PS

Thank goodness that you didn’t get it! Now I’m wondering if he is going to make me return it or what?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came from @CSpan thread.
How strange. Great catch on the duplicity @emegumi
Did he charge you more than what he quoted Cspan for the stone?
That’s a bit higher value than I would expect a vendor to ask you to keep it - assuming he could sell again for that roundabout price.

Hope you are made whole - it does suck it might take some time to clear though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results