Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Help! Cushion Cut Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toothfairy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks "squarish" or "rectangular-ish." Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

Also, is there a table or site with somewhat ideal measurements for Cushion cuts?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/6/2007 1:33:52 AM
Author:toothfairy
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks ''squarish'' or ''rectangular-ish.'' Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

Also, is there a table or site with somewhat ideal measurements for Cushion cuts?
I dont know which site you are trying to get, but a diamond that is based on a squarish outline will be considered a square up to to 1:1.049 (L to w ratio.)
Above that it is considered elongated.

Up to today, i have no information on ''ideal'' measurements for Cushion cuts....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:33:52 AM
Author:toothfairy
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks 'squarish' or 'rectangular-ish.' Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

www.gemappraisers.com has it.... more specifically: http://www.gemappraisers.com/shapePickerNew.asp

click on the oval in the center and give it some "bulge".... unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

DG is right - 1:1 to 1.05:1 is square.... IMO the most classic cushion ratio is about 1.15:1 and my stone is 1.26:1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.