shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Cushion Cut Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

toothfairy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks "squarish" or "rectangular-ish." Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

Also, is there a table or site with somewhat ideal measurements for Cushion cuts?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/6/2007 1:33:52 AM
Author:toothfairy
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks ''squarish'' or ''rectangular-ish.'' Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

Also, is there a table or site with somewhat ideal measurements for Cushion cuts?
I dont know which site you are trying to get, but a diamond that is based on a squarish outline will be considered a square up to to 1:1.049 (L to w ratio.)
Above that it is considered elongated.

Up to today, i have no information on ''ideal'' measurements for Cushion cuts....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 1:33:52 AM
Author:toothfairy
Hi, I have tried searching the msg boards but am not able to find a certain website. There is a website that some people were writing about for cushion cut diamonds. Apparenty on that site, you can type in the Length to Width ratio and the site will show a diagram of the diamond and you can see if it looks 'squarish' or 'rectangular-ish.' Does anyone know what that site address is? I have been searching for SOOOOOOOOOO long and would appreciate help!! Thanks in advance!

www.gemappraisers.com has it.... more specifically: http://www.gemappraisers.com/shapePickerNew.asp

click on the oval in the center and give it some "bulge".... unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

DG is right - 1:1 to 1.05:1 is square.... IMO the most classic cushion ratio is about 1.15:1 and my stone is 1.26:1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results