shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing diamond!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow thanks so much for finding these! Out of all the stones posted I am leaning most towards the

WF ACA 1.052ct F SI1 - 6.53x6.57x4.02 - 56.4 table, 61.4 depth, 34.6 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 78 LGF

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3965455.htm

I am more inclined to go up than down in size because I do notice that the airline on my current setup could be a touch thinner horizontally. My partner is really on board with WF upgrade policy so if possible it would be great to do one of their ACAs. Also, like I stated I am the most worried about "sparkle" so this may be a way to guarantee that isn't an issue.

I am still waiting to here back from the maker of the setting to see if they think this stone will work but regardless I am thinking I may just chance it and purchase this one.

That's a pretty killer stone. At the very least call WF and put on reserve while you make a final decision. Lurkers watch these threads and poach recommendations FYI. Better safe than sorry.

Also ask WF if they can help you with setting the stone in your existing setting. They have a great bench that puts a lot of detail into their work.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
I sure will. Thanks so much again!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure will. Thanks so much again!

No problem at all. Glad we could help.

FYI, we expect lots of pics of the bling so don't forget to post back when it's all done, lol.

Dlove

Rough_Rock
No problem at all. Glad we could help.

FYI, we expect lots of pics of the bling so don't forget to post back when it's all done, lol.

Of course!

Oddly, a diamond did just come up on WF that fits the measurements of my original diamond almost exactly. Any thoughts on how this one compares to the other? For some reason the video of it doesn’t look quite as good as the 1.052 F but I can’t put my finger on why. Here it is:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3994064.htm

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.052 has a smaller table, and looks better to me as well.

Agree. Fire is best observed in the bezel facets. When the table size increases, the bezel and upper girdle facets decrease which creates less fire.

Additionally we can see on this alternate stone the crown height is reduced to 14.5% from 15%. And pavilion angle is slightly changed from 40.8 to 40.9 so pavilion depth increases to 43.3%, yet overall depth slightly reduces.

As a result of all this working together, this new diamond is still gorgeous and meets super ideal specs but has a slightly different personality than the first stone. This stone will have less bold rainblow flashes and more white light return.

Neither is better or worse. But rather it's a matter of preference. I too prefer the first stone but that doesn't make this stone "bad" by any means. You have to decide what you prefer most now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results