shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing between 2 options

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so close in size/cost I would go with the H. What color are the side stones?

Edit...doh, I just saw G/H. Either stone would go fine with the side stones.

tommh

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1474728439|4080260 said:
They are so close in size/cost I would go with the H. What color are the side stones?

Edit...doh, I just saw G/H. Either stone would go fine with the side stones.

Side stones are F/G

I was about to close on the I center but wasn't 100% satisfied with the color difference so I figured I better look for an H?

Do you think an I center will be fine with F/G sides?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with the H. F to I is a pretty big jump -

tommh

Rough_Rock
ecf8503|1474734033|4080278 said:
I'd go with the H. F to I is a pretty big jump -

Generally speaking I agree with you but I was wondering more specifically regarding these 2 options.

I mean in terms of Aset and Ideal scope, I am not an expert so I do not know if there is any difference other than the color.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ACA stones are basically pre-vetted to be H&A and AGS000 stones. Whiteflash has pretty high standards. It would be hard (pretty much
impossible) to pick a bad ACA. So you are basically looking at two SUPER IDEAL CUT stones. Asets, ideal scope images, and H&A images
are excellent for both. The only think WF has left us to compare is color/size/clarity and price.

The clarity is the same, the price is within a hundred dollars, the size difference is minimal so that leaves color....H or I. Since all
the others factors are pretty much equal you might as well go with the higher color (H). Plus if the side stones are F/G it makes
even more sense. The only reason I can see to go with the "I" is if you wanted to hit the 6mm point. In this case the F/G side stones/H
center outranks having an ever so slightly bigger .81.

Hope that helps...

tommh

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1474743534|4080319 said:
ACA stones are basically pre-vetted to be H&A and AGS000 stones. Whiteflash has pretty high standards. It would be hard (pretty much
impossible) to pick a bad ACA. So you are basically looking at two SUPER IDEAL CUT stones. Asets, ideal scope images, and H&A images
are excellent for both. The only think WF has left us to compare is color/size/clarity and price.

The clarity is the same, the price is within a hundred dollars, the size difference is minimal so that leaves color....H or I. Since all
the others factors are pretty much equal you might as well go with the higher color (H). Plus if the side stones are F/G it makes
even more sense. The only reason I can see to go with the "I" is if you wanted to hit the 6mm point. In this case the F/G side stones/H
center outranks having an ever so slightly bigger .81.

Hope that helps...

That is exactly my dilemma because I do want to hit the 6mm. I would prefer having the I center with I/H side stones. Thing is WF's 0.25 ACA only come in F/G color. They did offer to me a 0.25 I which they said is ideal cut but not ACA.

I prefer having all 3 stones ACA so I think I will go with the H center.

Thanks for the help!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want all ACA stones also...I personally would go with the H
Because the size difference is negligible.

tommh

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1474813630|4080573 said:
I would want all ACA stones also...I personally would go with the H
Because the size difference is negligible.

The Ideal scope of the H stone seem less good? Again I am not an expert but it seems like it has more White and light Red spots which indicates leakage?

If it's true, should I favor the "I" stone in which the ideal scope looks better(to me?) or is it better to favor the "H" becuas it's higher color grade?

I am trying to find the balance between the difference in color and difference in the ideal scope of both.

Can you or anyone else assist please? I have to make the decision by tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results