carat
color
clarity

Help choosing between 1.4 carat

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I personally would get this stone from WF to maximize your carat weight:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3955174.htm

But if H is too tinted as you’ve indicated, I would go a little lower in carat weight (and raise the budget a bit) to get this one:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2708999.htm

This is guaranteed to be a spectacularly cut diamond and white as can be.
I didn’t see anything on BG that met your requirements, and didn’t check CBI since their prices can be a bit higher.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! Your experience is great to hear. I'm considering one of their pave settings if this diamond ends up looking like a winner based on what people say. I've tried searching pricescope for thoughts on Adiamor's settings but am finding a lot of really old posts. When you were researching, did you find any consensus on how they are generally? Thanks!

My experience with Adiamor was overall very good. Their customer service is the only thing that could have been better (slow responses to emails and didn't provide photos before shipping, which I requested), but the end result was exactly what I was hoping for. I was able to customize one of their stock settings and I really love how it turned out. I will say though that most of the negative reviews out there seem to be related to stones falling out of intricate settings, so if that was the direction I was going with my setting I may have had the stone set somewhere else. But their reviews seem to be overwhelmingly positive and based on my experience, I would definitely recommend them. Their upgrade policy isn't as great as some of the other vendors...new stone must be twice the cost of the original stone, but if I ever upgrade again I'm certain my upgrade would be double the cost of this stone anyway :wink2:. I'm glad to hear you've decided to purchase online. It isn't as intimidating as you might think. And it looks like the Adiamor stone is getting lots of "thumbs up" here. Can't wait to see what you get!

art505

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone! We want to thank all of you for your advice and search efforts on our behalf--and for saving us from buying a not-so-ideal diamond. This is such a lovely community, and we're incredibly grateful for your help. We ended up going with the Adiamor option that snowdrop posted. We loved a lot of the others suggested but felt like it was a good fit for us based on all of our factors, particularly our budget. And we picked a pave setting from them with the knowledge that we will probably have to baby it a bit. (Who can turn down added sparkle?!? :dance:)

Again, thanks so much! We're really excited.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone! We want to thank all of you for your advice and search efforts on our behalf--and for saving us from buying a not-so-ideal diamond. This is such a lovely community, and we're incredibly grateful for your help. We ended up going with the Adiamor option that snowdrop posted. We loved a lot of the others suggested but felt like it was a good fit for us based on all of our factors, particularly our budget. And we picked a pave setting from them with the knowledge that we will probably have to baby it a bit. (Who can turn down added sparkle?!? :dance:)

Again, thanks so much! We're really excited.

How exciting for you! Congrats! I hope you are as pleased as I was with your ring from Adiamor. Please post lots of pics.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the purchase! While I recommended other choices I still think that stone is very good, especially for the money.

I am sure you and your girl will be thrilled. :cool2:

Don't forget to post some pics when you get it!

art505

Rough_Rock
Hi all. One last question. I noticed that the GIA report shows a cloud off to the side. I asked for a photo of the diamond once it's in but is it something I should be concerned about? Thanks

art505

Rough_Rock
Here's the GIA cert

Attachments

• GIA Cert..pdf
    726.7 KB · Views: 61

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond is a VS1, I think this inclusion is unlikely to be a problem and will only be visible under magnification.

art505

Rough_Rock

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will re-clarify I don't think it's an issue, but I would make Adiamor aware of the note and that you are concerned. When they get the stone, I would have their in-house gemologist review it and report to you what they find (or don't find).

Assuming all is good, then I'd have them ship to you and then take to a local TRUSTED jeweler that can provide his own opinion on the stone. Also, verify the laser inscribed GIA numbers on the girdle and check the inclusions against the plot to confirm it's indeed the diamond you purchased.

What is the return policy of Adiamor, assuming there is an issue?

art505

Rough_Rock
I'll send them an email about it and follow up with someone locally if they say it's not an issue. They have a thirty-day refund policy (has to be received back within that period).

art505

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just got photos of the diamond from Adiamor. I know it's hard to tell anything from them, but I'm curious if you see any concerning issues that could be caused by the graining or cloud mentioned on the GIA certificate. If it helps, it's a VS1 so I was hoping that they wouldn't pose issues. On their end, Adiamor said it would look for any effects and reject it if it had any. Thanks so much!

image (1).png image (2).png image (3).png

art505

Rough_Rock
Bumped for any thoughts.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing you aren't getting any feedback because an opinion cannot be made based on these photos. Has Adiamor given you their opinion on the performance of the stone specifically based on the graining or cloud yet? Sounds like most PSers agree that the cloud shouldn't be an issue on a VS1. Hopefully you get some feedback from Adiamor. All I can add is that for a 1.4 ct, it certainly appears larger to my eyes! Good luck and keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results