shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Channel set not what I expected!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dantes67

Rough_Rock
Thanks, LondonChris, for the clarification. That makes sense.

I''d be happy to send the photos of the ring if one of the moderators would be kind enough to email me and I can attach the jpg file in my reply. I''m not only new to the world of fine jewelry but I''m also new to the world of message board participation. I''ve been a lurker for quite a while.

Thanks again, all!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Dante, please check your e-mail and probably a spam filter.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html picture posting help!
2.gif

it definitely sounds like there was some miscommunication during this process, which is really too bad.
7.gif
i''m sure the ring is beautiful but it''s hard not to be dissappointed when you''re expectations aren''t met
7.gif

i''m sure your wife will absolutely love the very thoughtful gift and hopefully her excited appreciation will overshadow any grief of your initial dissappointment.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It's as good resolution as i get from the picture sent, it was optimised for web before.
Dante, if you will make photos yourself please send the originals to me and i will re-size close-ups.

RingChannDante.jpg

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i love it and i bet she will too. i think more info(regarding diamonds, jewelry) can be dangerous. i will probably never buy another non-custom piece(other than gold) once you are "armed" with diamond knowledge, it completely changes one''s perspective n''est ce pas? happy holidays and i hope you resolve this to your satisfaction.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dante, I am glad to have learned from this thread about setting of channel set diamonds. (Thanks LondonChris for explaining this!) We all need to understand the differences between cast, handmade, diestruck, etc. if we are going to be OCD!

But I''ll have to say, those stones are very close together and the ring is beautiful! If you keep your concern to yourself about the stones not touching, I think your wife will be much happier!
1.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful the way it is! I agree, don''t mention your concerns and she''ll never notice!

I must say that I''m surprised that WF cast them in place. It never occurred to me that channel set stones wouldn''t always be hand-set. Is this a common thing? I suppose there''s always the risk of chipping the diamonds when you snap them into place so casting could be considered safer.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think the band looks perfect and beautiful from the pictures!

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
That band is perfectly set... thats exactly what a channel is supposed to look like. It almost looks like they''re touching anyway! You have nothing to be concerned about- the only reason you saw the gaps between stones is because you were looking for them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 10:30:58 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Dante, I am glad to have learned from this thread about setting of channel set diamonds. (Thanks LondonChris for explaining this!) We all need to understand the differences between cast, handmade, diestruck, etc. if we are going to be OCD!

But I''ll have to say, those stones are very close together and the ring is beautiful! If you keep your concern to yourself about the stones not touching, I think your wife will be much happier!
1.gif
also - these pics are magnified.... how it looks in person will be much more subtle - give the impression of individual stones rather than having them all mushed together in a line like on my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results