shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Buying an OEC

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock

An option I came across.

That stone looks cushony and pretty! I’ll ask the seller for more pictures. I also need to ask where the chip is. Thank you.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
https://underthecrown.com/products/european-cut-diamond-gia/37643/

I really like this one I came across while hunting for antique pears :rolleyes:

Yowza, that’s a huge table! But I also wanna say that my oec/transitional has a table of 53% and is shallow but it performs marvelously. I was afraid of the larger table because I was so used to the table in the 40’s but now I’m open to the low 50’s. So I wouldn’t rule out some oecs just because their shallow or have a larger table than what you’re used to.

Edit: Well, most GIA reports are not going to specificy old European unless it hits the numbers perfectly. Most will say round brilliant.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that’s a huge table! But I also wanna say that my oec/transitional has a table of 53% and is shallow but it performs marvelously. I was afraid of the larger table because I was so used to the table in the 40’s but now I’m open to the low 50’s. So I wouldn’t rule out some oecs just because their shallow or have a larger table than what you’re used to.

Edit: Well, most GIA reports are not going to specificy old European unless it hits the numbers perfectly. Most will say round brilliant.

I actually like the large table, I think it adds character - it really makes the floral facets look like a FLOWER! But of course it’s all personal preference!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I actually like the large table, I think it adds character - it really makes the floral facets look like a FLOWER! But of course it’s all personal preference!

That’s true! Especially in older cuts! It’s really a personal preference! I remember talking to someone about how much they loved those distinct always off maltese crosses but they’re definitely not for me.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have decided not to buy a new stone for now. I recently bought an uncerted OEC with a tiny chip on eBay (the color is somewhere between my GIA F and AGS H, and definitely much less tinted than my GIA J). I paid much less than 2k for this. The stone is a bit under 1.2ct and smaller than what I had originally wanted, but I have decided to keep it for now. I’ll save my original budget for an upgrade in the future.

ModdySmalls

Rough_Rock
I was so jealous when you bought the stone, haha. I was actually considering that stone and the one linked below. Grace hasn’t gotten back to me in 6 days. I don’t want to bother her, and I don’t really like rushing people.

Hi, the ring you linked is mine, which I consigned with Grace. It's really beautiful! I can try to ping her if that would help.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, the ring you linked is mine, which I consigned with Grace. It's really beautiful! I can try to ping her if that would help.

Hi! Your ring is beautiful. I’m sure it will sell quickly. As I wrote in my previous post, I have decided not to buy a new diamond now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results