HELP! Aqua + Rose Gold E-ring

alfaman

Rough_Rock
Good idea Zomb!!! Thank you once again.

alfaman

Rough_Rock
Update

Guys,
I have taken the plunge for the JBEG Bella Halo finally.
I have combed extensively and nothing seems to offer that level of individualism ( to my layman's eyes only).
The closest is the Sapphire engagement ring from Tacori but the setting alone is $5.5k!

The ring has been sent for re-sizing. I am bugging Erica for updates and will share in due course.

Thanks and appreciate all the help from everyone on PS. You guys are awesome and the buying experiences will never transcend this far without the world of the internet.

Enjoy your parties and stay safe!!!

Pang

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty! Is the stone a sapphire? Did you mention the stats on the stone and where you got it?

I'm sure she will love it. Please let us know.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Nice!!! Well done! :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
We need details! And more photos.

I think that's a beautiful setting, congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alfaman|1325259111|3091506 said:
The story goes something like this. JBEG has something within my budget but the dampener is lab sapphire. I place equal emphasis on the setting as well and I really struggled to locate something suitable. So I decided to take the bullet and I will carry this lab secret to my grave. :twisted:

I have all the logistics in place and I will kneel in mid Feb, so for those of you after a photo of new ownership, I appeal for your patience.

To be honest, I was quite worried about how the Blue-RG combo will appear. I have combed google extensively and have not really found anything assuring. I can only paint and picture in my head.

I don't mean to judge you, but IMHO, I don't think it's right to lie about the stone. If all you can afford is a lab sapphire right now, that's fine, and I understand, but perhaps you may want to upgrade the stone to a natural one at some point in the future (an anniversary perhaps??). I guess I speak from a female point of view (as I'm female), and that's something that would bother me. In any case, you should not pay a lot at all for a lab sapphire, and I hope JBEG didn't charge you more than a couple hundred for it, especially if it was machine cut.

BTW, I do love the blue/rose gold combo.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
It's just lovely! Erica posted this this morning I believe and I actually thought of you because of this thread!

I am one who also puts equal emphasis on setting as I do on stone. I'm on record as saying I'd happily buy the setting I want with a lab stone (if that's what I could afford at that point) and upgrade the stone later. What I would NOT do is lie by omission. We ladies really like our engagement rings and I think it would be difficult to find out it was a lab created stone if the belief was it was earth mined. That I'd want to know up front.

I've seem some incredible lab stones and if she loves it then it's perfect as is! NO shame in it either way. I hope she's over the moon when she receives it. I know I would be!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to everything TL said.

It's a beautiful setting, and I can't imagine your SO won't love it. Lying or misleading anyone about the centre stone is a whole different thing, IMO.

alfaman

Rough_Rock
Wow. I really appreciate all the good honest advice, ladies.
No way am I serious about the lie. I intent to tell her the truth and I am quietly confident she will accept the way it is.
Thanks again for keeping me in check.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
You're a good man. That's one lucky lady you've got there! She is really going to be blown away I think. I can't wait to hear all about it!

*I will hear, won't I? lol!

alfaman

Rough_Rock
Of course! I can't wait to share the details of my proposal and boy, will I share with her all the postings on this thread.
I can't wait to lay my hands on the ring next week!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
alfaman|1325261349|3091559 said:
Wow. I really appreciate all the good honest advice, ladies.
No way am I serious about the lie. I intent to tell her the truth and I am quietly confident she will accept the way it is.
Thanks again for keeping me in check.

Just think of it as having dozens of very outspoken and opinionated (cyber) aunties!

Good luck with the proposal, and come back and tell us how it goes.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I apologize, but we do not allow simulants to be posted on PS per our policies. We have removed the photos in this thread because of this policy.

Please do not hesitate to email with any questions.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
totally missed that it was a lab created stone. still nice looking ring and as long as he's honest with his Gf, no harm no foul.

alfaman

Rough_Rock
oh, sorry I wasn't aware of such policy. Yes please do the necessary.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results