color
clarity

Help...anyone regret going from MRB to OEC/AVR/antique cut

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help...anyone regret going from MRB to OEC/AVR/antique c

MissGotRocks|1465006207|4039962 said:
I don't have an OEC so of course can't comment from a personal, hands on point of view. I think trying to decide between the two stones is like trying to decide between the colors pink and blue. You like both but are hard pressed to choose a favorite between them. The cuts and color of the two stones are just different. While I can appreciate the beauty of the OEC's, I think I still prefer the precision of the look of the MRB's for myself and I don't muddy the waters of my mind trying to decide between the two. This is the kindest thing I can do for myself in terms of diamonds - lol!!
Smart MGR. I love that you are at peace with your stone. Then you can be at peace and just enjoy looking at other people's quests to figure themselves out.

Today I was at a jewelry show and it was so gratifying to have vendors complement my stone. Insisted that it was a very high color. I corrected him and told him it was an old euro AND a K. I assured him, GIA graded. They all seemed to realize and nod appreciatively at the sparkle pattern of the Oec instead of mock it. Maybe this trend is getting around... One even asked me where I sourced the stone and I told him about OWD in NYC. He said he would look them up since he was from NYC too. Is the world changing??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help...anyone regret going from MRB to OEC/AVR/antique c

I think beauty is always appreciated but for those that may have never seen an OEC in person, a first time glance may make a long time lover of them! I think we are so busy at PS analyzing every nuance of a stone that we sometimes fail to appreciate the overall beauty. Education and learning keeps us looking for the best attributes possible but yes, when we've landed on something we need to step back and just enjoy the beauty! If these is something displeasing in the stone - something that makes us so uncomfortable that we need to make a change - it will come to us without looking for it - know what I mean? Over time spent with a stone we see and learn so much about it - what we love and what we don't - that it makes little sense to scrutinize it so hard.

In a word, enjoy your new beauty without a critical eye! It is beautiful yet different from what you've had but beautiful all the same. Don't let the possible doubts rob you of the joy of your new sparkly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results