shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello World

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
Good morning (or evening) all! I’m new to this forum so want to say hi to every one.

I’m a colore-stone lover especially for red stones. Below is a red spinel jewelry I bought last year. It’s 3.26 cts with 1.5 cts diamond. I purchased the loose stone and had them customize it for me. You can wear it either as a ring or a pendant. To be honest, I was actually disappointed when first received it. The color of the stone is darker than I thought and I might be ripped off. But I decided to keep it anyways. Learn from lessons right?!

IMG_7363.jpeg

IMG_7369.jpeg

IMG_7371.jpeg

IMG_7373.jpeg

The next big item on my list is an oval shape cornflower sapphire about 2-3 cts. I‘m thinking of getting one major jewelry a year. Working full time but have 2 young kids so can’t spend too much money on my own hobby. Gotta think about the family.

Nice meeting you all!!

Last edited:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

I believe there is an elegant beauty in a gem with darker tone and intense and saturated colour flashes. I like this piece a lot and I hope wearing it brings you a lot of joy!

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

I believe there is an elegant beauty in a gem with darker tone and intense and saturated colour flashes. I like this piece a lot and I hope wearing it brings you a lot of joy!

Thank you. It is a beautiful piece indeed. Gemstones bring me a lot of joy. I actually started this hobby when I had major depression, and it brought me out of it.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and welcome!!

Reactions: dvj

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the forum. I started my gem addiction while stationed in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. It started as a hobby and became my obsession.

I predict you will love it here. The natives are wildly diverse and incredibly friendly.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for being generous with photos, especially the profile shot. Enjoy and look forward to seeing your sapphire.

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
Welcome to the forum. I started my gem addiction while stationed in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. It started as a hobby and became my obsession.

I predict you will love it here. The natives are wildly diverse and incredibly friendly.

I have been interested in gemstone/jewelry industry for about a decade but have not gotten the opportunity to step into it. I’m currently working in technology/software world and it’s so boring! But I need it to support me financially, lol.

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Look forward to more.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I love your ring. How do you convert it to a pendant? Where is the bale? (I’m sure lots of people know the answer to this, just not me!!)

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the color!! I think I'm seeing some polishing lines on some of the facets. If that's the case, it will look more vibrant if at some point you have it re-polished :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the forum! We are all United by our love of sparklies. Always room for more.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Taking really great photos of jewelry requires light from all around. Preferably diffused light with some direct light for sparkle.

You can look up directions for home made light boxes on the net. If you have too much money, you can buy one designed for jewelry.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful setting! My spinel is similar in color; a dark orangy red that flashes in better light. Wear it in health!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
i think both the colour and style you have chosen is beautiful. Welcome:wavey:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I love your ring. How do you convert it to a pendant? Where is the bale? (I’m sure lots of people know the answer to this, just not me!!)

Hi again. Can someone answer this for me???

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
I really like the color!! I think I'm seeing some polishing lines on some of the facets. If that's the case, it will look more vibrant if at some point you have it re-polished :)

They are not polishing lines. Just my fingers prints. This ring is only a year old and I rarely wear it.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I took some pictures to show you how to convert it.

Ahh. Thank you. Now I see. And you don’t have any worry about it slipping off the shank? Does something lock it in place?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you start wearing it more. Even if with jeans. Why not??!! Who cares!

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
Ahh. Thank you. Now I see. And you don’t have any worry about it slipping off the shank? Does something lock it in place?

It doesn’t slip. The little part locks it in when it’s flipped down. Secure enough.

I’m staying at home most of the time so just wearing fashion jewelries. This is a piece that I don’t want it to touch kitchen grease or dish soap (although the best lighting for jewelry in my house is in the kitchen, lol)

I got a cornflower blue sapphire that I wanted. Soon it will become another precious piece.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn’t slip. The little part locks it in when it’s flipped down. Secure enough.

I’m staying at home most of the time so just wearing fashion jewelries. This is a piece that I don’t want it to touch kitchen grease or dish soap (although the best lighting for jewelry in my house is in the kitchen, lol)

I got a cornflower blue sapphire that I wanted. Soon it will become another precious piece.

Thank you. I’m hoping to get an oval cornflower sapphire as well but I might go the lab route. I have a beautiful pink lab sapphire from Gene at precious Gems. If his blues are just as nice i might go that route. I don’t have a problem w with mind clean! But that’s me.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t wait to see photos of your sapphire.

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I’m hoping to get an oval cornflower sapphire as well but I might go the lab route. I have a beautiful pink lab sapphire from Gene at precious Gems. If his blues are just as nice i might go that route. I don’t have a problem w with mind clean! But that’s me.

I have a few lab ruby jewelries that are beautiful. I bought them because I cant afford pigeon-blood red rubies and I don’t like the other colors. That’s also why I started buying red spinels.

This cornflower sapphire is heated and is a lot more affordable compare with pigeon-blood red ruby. Here‘s a screenshot of the video. I don’t have clear pictures right now.

IMG_0689.jpeg

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
These are lab rubies and diamonds in 18k gold. Around $500 each I think…

IMG_7628.jpeg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! I love the saturation. Perfect color. I wouldn’t mind a little heat either. I don’t buy stones to collect or resell. I buy them if I love them and the. I wear them! Thank you for all the i fo

Last edited:

Winnie The Pooh

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful! I love the attraction. Perfect color. I wouldn’t mind a little heat either. I don’t buy stones to collect or resell. I buy them if I love them and the. I wear them! Thank you for all the i fo

I don’t collect or resell either. Or not yet. Haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results