shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello again ladies and gents

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Hi guys
I posted a while ago looking for a yellow sapphire for my fiance. We've been together since high-school and I would love to get the ring if her dreams. I don't want to go into a pity party here. But money has been an issue as she has been diagnosed with leukemia about 3 years back.
So your guys' opinion.. Should I just get a lab made one for her? I feel bad because I wish I can give her something authentic. She is open to other gems I believe. Sapphires are much out of our price range as are diamonds of course. It's been tough but she's understanding m
I don't know about much with these gems and other things types so any information most helpful to a clueless guy in need
If you ladies can shed some light Please help!
Thank you for your time and help in advance!!

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about her diagnosis. My thoughts are with both of you.

When you say yellow, are we talking super bright or pastel or some shade in between? Is there a size (in mm) you're thinking and is there a specific shape she wants?

You mention she's open to other stone options. We should definitely look at chrysoberyls, if that's the case. They're a yellow to yellow/green and a lot more affordable. Maybe Google those and let us know opinions there.

Let's exhaust all the natural - heated and unheated - options first before going a different route. And what's your budget, either for the stone itself or the whole ring? And if you give us the whole ring budget, what kind of setting would she like? That'll help us determine the stone/setting ratio.

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
I don't know what sjd is but these reality aren't very nice. I think it's an internal battle should I just spend all the money I have and make her happy before she passes...I feel terrible just saying this. That's why I'm. Sharing in this forum because I can't talk to my friends or our family.

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Thank you for that. My budget is quite low about 2000 all in. If Ineed to pay for the nurses and her palliative care team. Sorry I'm a bit overwhelmed. I feel I. Haven't slept in a year. She changes her mind almost everyday like one day she says forget all about it the the next she will feel guilty. I know it's terribly hard for her but I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to be a man and just suck it up. Do it all and somehow find her the perfect ring. But it doesn't seem to be happening they way... I don't know where my guardian angel is because I desperately need her to be point I'm writing on a gem forum No offense ladies

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she is your fiance, you are not responsible for any of her bills (unless you co-signed).

Yes, buy her a natural yellow sapphire ring. Your budget of $2K is more than adequate for a yellow sapphire ER. For example, you could buy this sapphire from GemFix for under $800, and have it set in a classic 4-prong gold solitaire perhaps by your local jeweler or maybe GemFix can arrange to have it set...

https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-yellow-14-551
sapphire_yellow_551_A-1.jpg

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
On your other thread, you were shopping for your wife who wanted a push present?? Now she's your fiancé? :confused:

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
If she is your fiance, you are not responsible for any of her bills (unless you co-signed).

Yes, buy her a natural yellow sapphire ring. Your budget of $2K is more than adequate for a yellow sapphire ER. For example, you could buy this sapphire from GemFix for under $800, and have it set in a classic 4-prong gold solitaire perhaps by your local jeweler or maybe GemFix can arrange to have it set...

https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-yellow-14-551
sapphire_yellow_551_A-1.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions. But no I don't pay for things because I'm liable but because I love her and her parents passed away a long time ago. But thank you so much for your suggestions. I'll pass on that one but check out gemfixml. I don't want to spend all of the the 2000. If cheaper it would be better of course If you ladies know anyone in this community selling. Can you please let me known??? I don't really quite know my way around yet

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
On your other thread, you were shopping for your wife who wanted a push present?? Now she's your fiancé? :confused:

No she is my fiance We have a couple kids together actually. Wow I didn't know people are so on top of this. I'm just asking for some gem advice. Didn't realize I gave to share my entire life story so it makes sense to you. I've called her wifey but never putt a ring on it. Any more questions u need to know

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
people are vigilant b/c sometimes scammers come on this site, don't take it personally.

in your other thread you were considering a julia b ring, did you rule those out b/c she is having a sale right now 15% off a lot of her completed rings.

there are several yellow sapphire rings within your budget you can check out on jamesallen.com to get an idea too. people here can help you pick out the best stone and setting for your money if you have an idea of what style you want.

best wishes for you and your family.

upload_2018-9-18_9-36-12.png
upload_2018-9-18_9-37-11.png
upload_2018-9-18_9-37-33.png
upload_2018-9-18_9-39-13.png

Akalahab

Shiny_Rock
No she is my fiance We have a couple kids together actually. Wow I didn't know people are so on top of this. I'm just asking for some gem advice. Didn't realize I gave to share my entire life story so it makes sense to you. I've called her wifey but never putt a ring on it. Any more questions u need to know

You also said on your other thread that you gave her a 2 carat engagement ring.

IMG_7602.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your other thread you say you gave her a 2ct ER some years ago, perhaps you could have that re-set into a 3-stone ring with two yellow sapphire rounds flanking the center stone - that would probably be the most cost-effective and would result in a big ring that has a lot of meaning. Your local jeweler could probably do the project for you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in the US? Medicare pays for palliative care and hospice. My best friend is a palliative care and hospice doc and my grand father in law was in inpatient hospice for 17 days before he passed. Two of my friends are hospice workers. My husband is a doc. I don’t understand why you would be paying for hospice anyway since you aren’t married.

Is she getting social security disability?

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Sorry ladies let me claiery my oesonal life for u I understand your concern Not really but since you're curious.
That is a promise ring. I never asked her to marry me. That was the ring I was referring to. I just never thought it was important to specify because this is a gem forum. Not a relationship forum or so I thought lol.
And I have never heard or not having to pay for hospice and equipment?? Can you clarify? We will be married legally soon is it state dependent ? Would I helpful too thank you

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Are you in the US? Medicare pays for palliative care and hospice. My best friend is a palliative care and hospice doc and my grand father in law was in inpatient hospice for 17 days before he passed. Two of my friends are hospice workers. My husband is a doc. I don’t understand why you would be paying for hospice anyway since you aren’t married.

Is she getting social security disability?
So what you're saying is I've been paying for no reason?! That's what the hospice told me. They said I had to pay for her stay since she didn't have anyone else I was her next in kin. Am I being scammed?

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
No Because we are a common law couple

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Dang I did not know asking for some ring advice was going to wind me up here. Not I feel scammed from the doctors and the hospice.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Reading your posts, as it seems your fiancée may not have much time left i think you should make her happy by buying her that yellow sapphire ring and getting married. Don’t spend so much time looking for the perfect stone when she could be wearing that ring on her finger. I’d say preloved is the way to go as you will not be over paying. If you need to sell it later on, you will also not lose too much. The rubylane rings are an option, you can also look at Lang’s and on Etsy which has many vintage jewelry vendors.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry for everything you and your family are going through. Whether to get a genuine stone or synthetic would be a personal choice, and in your situation I’m not sure what I would choose to do. On one hand it would be very nice to get her a genuine stone, on the other hand the two of you might rather save the money to take the kids on a vacation or something else. If you are looking to get her something pretty to wear and look at on her hand right now, Berricle is a brand that I have seen recommended here on the forum for travel jewelry and they have several yellow diamond cz rings that look quite nice https://www.berricle.com/jewelry-collections/canary-color-jewelry.htm?topcategory=1372 .

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm disappointed that your local hospice program doesn't seem pro-active. I'd like to think every hospice program has (a) staff that really works at seeing to it that their patients get the financial assistance for which they qualify, and (b) offers respite care & other supportive services (like a support group, a hotline) for the caregiver(s) on the home front, be that a spouse, significant other, adult child, or caring friend.
Ask for the benefits coordinator and explain everything.
https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/hospice-respite-care
Doesn't seem as if she's old enough to qualify for Medicare?

The availability of Medicaid assistance does depend on which state you live in, @Rookie Jeff in. Here's a quick (1-page), but decent, overview re Medicaid and hospice (palliative care is not synonymous with hospice because palliative care can be quite appropriate for someone who has not been diagnosed as terminally ill, the fundamental requirement of hospice eligibility);
https://healthlaw.hofstra.edu/resources/articles/medicaid-considerations-for-hospice-care-at-home/
and a roster of the Medicaid contact info for every state:
https://www.medicaid.gov/about-us/contact-us/contact-state-page.html

I'm thinking that given all the demands on you that a ready-made ring (or nearly ready-to-go) would be best. So Julia B, as others have suggested in this thread & your earlier one, would be a good fit. If there's nothing in Julia B's current inventory that appeals to you, how about sharing her ring size & her gold alloy preference, i.e., white gold or yellow gold? With that info (and knowing that a round or oval is her strong preference), we could be of better assistance to you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm disappointed that your local hospice program doesn't seem pro-active. I'd like to think every hospice program has (a) staff that really works at seeing to it that their patients get the financial assistance for which they qualify, and (b) offers respite care & other supportive services (like a support group, a hotline) for the caregiver(s) on the home front, be that a spouse, significant other, adult child, or caring friend.

Doesn't seem as if she's old enough to qualify for Medicare?

The availability of Medicaid assistance does depend on which state you live in, @Rookie Jeff in. Here's a quick (1-page), but decent, overview re Medicaid and hospice (palliative care is not synonymous with hospice because palliative care can be quite appropriate for someone who has not been diagnosed as terminally ill, the fundamental requirement of hospice eligibility);
https://healthlaw.hofstra.edu/resources/articles/medicaid-considerations-for-hospice-care-at-home/
and a roster of the Medicaid contact info for every state:
https://www.medicaid.gov/about-us/contact-us/contact-state-page.html

I'm thinking that given all the demands on you that a ready-made ring (or nearly ready-to-go) would be best. So Julia B, as others have suggested in this thread & your earlier one, would be a good fit. If there's nothing in Julia B's current inventory that appeals to you, how about sharing her ring size & her gold alloy preference, i.e., white gold or yellow gold? With that info (and knowing that a round or oval is her strong preference), we could be of better assistance to you.

I’m not an expert, and as you know, I have my own drama going on right now, but people under 65 can get Medicare under certain situations. In particular, I was thinking in conjunction with SS disability, which a person can sometimes get with end stage disease.

But, my brain isn’t working right now and in the end Medicare is probably the right one to discuss. So.... tried to help and jumping off this thread now because of my own family issues.

Op, Good luck finding something.

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies for all the advice. It's a lot to handle with kids and everything too. I was getting too emotional reading all the comments so I didn't check in for a while. But I think you guys are right. I'm sure she would be happy with anything I get her. I think I'm just panicking and kind of in shock of what's going to happen next and also never thought about that I wasn't financially responsible for her. I will always be financially responsible for her. She is my other half whether a piece of paper confirms it or not.
Again thank you for the info and kind words and wishes

Rookie Jeff

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies
I have some great news. Since when i first started here just looking for advice I really didn't expect to get all into my personal relationships and having to explain my marriage and situation to you guys but i understand now you guys must be a close community. I still didn't really see where I was coming from appeared to be scamming just wanted some advice.
Luckily I shared all of that with my now official wife and explained this forum to her and why i was looking for the yellow sapphire for her etc she read the threads and everything and she thought i was very sweet to look for advice and she also explained that women need more explaination than men in general or else it just seems dodgey? she seems to get it completely, i never thought leaving out details was that bad lol and she makes fun of me for it she really is my better half and she refused the yellow sapphire she was just happy i was looking for it.
All the ladies that gave me advice on medicare and stuff has worked out quite well actually, S is now on some clinical trial and she has been stable, we are still paying chunks of money but she is mostly ok.
I also found loupetroop and there are a couple rings i want to get one for her and one for my mom for helping out
ANYWAY thatss my update for now hopefully i didnt leave anything out and Susie says hi and thank you to the ladies that were helpful and supportive=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results