shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Again KITTY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't bump the old "Hello Kitty" pendant threads ... but ... I noticed that the anchor on Fox News's "The Big Story" is wearing the diamond "Hello Kitty pendant on the air today ...

It looks cute but I have mixed feelings about it ...

I kinda think it reduces her credibility! Such a silly, girly, cartoony accessory on a serious news program? Would Dan Rather wear a Bugs Bunny necktie? Would Diane Sawyer wear Care Bear earrings?

Am I just a big party-pooper? Too judgemental?

I also noticed that our TARGET has a "Hello Kitty" enamel collection with real pink sapphires ... price point, approx $199 ...

I guess Hello Kitty fever is puuurrrrrrring right along !
2.gif

ETA: got a closer look at the bling and, heh, I was WRONG. It just looked like the HK from a distance. FOOT IN MOUTH
31.gif
20.gif
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE mine and get tons of compliments but I am not in a job setting. I would notice it on someone else but not sure what I would think about it...meaning would it make me think something about the person wearing it...but I must say it is a total conversation piece and I love mine to death. It just makes me happy...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 6:24:57 PM
Author: diamondfan
I LOVE mine and get tons of compliments but I am not in a job setting. I would notice it on someone else but not sure what I would think about it...meaning would it make me think something about the person wearing it...but I must say it is a total conversation piece and I love mine to death. It just makes me happy...

I''m sure I would DROOOOOL over it in person ... in social settings ... even creative biz settings ... but I guess the thought of it on someone who seeks to command authority -- it was contradictory in my mind.

Hilarious that I''m still even debating this in my mind because it didn''t even HAPPEN! I''ve got bling on the dddddddern BRAIN today I guess.
20.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
naw decodelighted, me thinks you are just trying to talk yourself out of getting it
9.gif

I think with things like this that yes the newreader setting may look to some as not right for it, whereas others would see it as she was an approachable person rather than aloof. I honestly think cute things can look different too depending upon the person who is wearing it, it suits some and doesn't suit others.

It also depends upon who is judging it, I found it interesting here you mentioning newsreader because there is a newreader here in the UK who wears this square angular pendant, I saw it and noticed it but never said anything, then I was on the phone to my mother one day and she was on her television at the time and she said on the phone, 'oh I hate to see that square necklace the newsreader has on, I just hate it' and I told her I had noticed it but thought it looked okay, so different people, different opinions. Oh and at that time these square designs had just come into fashion here in the UK so I told my mother that too.

Ikat

Rough_Rock
Ugh- I find the whole Hello Kitty thing so predictable. Sorry, but I think it is a very unimaginative fad. ( I also don''t think much of Kimora Lee Simmons.)

Maybe HK bling works for trust fund 14 year olds.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 1:50:43 AM
Author: Ikat
Ugh- I find the whole Hello Kitty thing so predictable. Sorry, but I think it is a very unimaginative fad. ( I also don''t think much of Kimora Lee Simmons.)

I am 40 and I love mine, if something can make me smile and remind me of something I liked from growing up what is the big deal?

I happen to despise Kimora Lee, but know there are others involved in the design and manufacture of the line so I told myself it was not just about her!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great on diamondfan, have seen her wear it several times. It''s actually very pretty. If it makes ya happy that''s what it''s all about.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh...I owe you for that one, tee hee...(I will pay you from my trust fund
2.gif
)

If a piece of jewelry can make you smile, hey, enjoy it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2006 1:50:43 AM
Author: Ikat
Ugh- I find the whole Hello Kitty thing so predictable. Sorry, but I think it is a very unimaginative fad. ( I also don't think much of Kimora Lee Simmons.)

Ouch! I personally don't own any Hello Kitty jewelry, but I don't see anything wrong with wearing something cute, whimsical, and fun no matter your age! As for wearing it in the workplace, I was in a very conservative banking environment for many years. Would I have worn a HK pendant to an important meeting with a new customer - probably not, but on an ordinary day to liven up a dark suit - sure!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, if it makes you happy, then go for it.

I once bought a 18kt YG flip flop charm with diamonds on the toe thong. I wore it around
all summer. It reminded me of my favorite beach in Kauai. It makes me happy.

(the wife of my husbands best client, said who would ever want to wear a flip flop around their neck?
I didn''t have mine on at the time, tee hee!!)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
My friend is a reporter and her boss gets upset when they wear anything that isn't professional. Hey, she reports on fatalities and etc. and you can't be wearing a Hello Kitty pendant at a crime scene where someone's son just died. Not appropriate.

But for everyone else, I agree. HK is so adorable and I think very pretty. The diamond HK pendants & earrings are fun & flirty. I even think they'd look awesome on 60 year olds! They're for the young at heart. And I think they help the wearer look more youthful, too. Kelly Ripa looks awesome with hers on, and it's HUGE. She's near 40, I think.

If you look like a hot mama, wear it proudly! It can look so chic on the right lady.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julian, I agree. There is a time and place, and I am not in situations where I should not wear mine. If I were, for sure I would not wear it. I did laugh though when I heard that a lot of news people wear jeans and slippers under the news desk since only the waist up shows!!! Pretty funny to imagine...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought a black cashmere sweater with a sparkly Hello Kitty on it from Neiman''s Christmas book. I love it! I think it''s the whiskers that make her so lovable. (I''m 59 years old.)

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am a "conservative" grad student and wouldn't think twice if I saw a reporter or older (but not old by any means, Diamondfan) woman wearing the pendant. I have to agree with Kaleigh and Diamondfan, it is really cute to have something that reminds you of the "little joys in life" and "being a kid". I work in Institutional Research and Admissions under a Dean at Penn and wear a crystal Disney pendant sometimes to work. Would I wear it to a presentation in front of the President? No, but everyday I wouldn't think that much about it....

I think it takes a mature person to wear something "fun" and "cute" like a Hello Kitty pendant or something similar.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 7:58:57 PM
Author: UCLABelle
I am a ''conservative'' grad student and wouldn''t think twice if I saw a reporter or older (but not old by any means, Diamondfan) woman wearing the pendant. I have to agree with Kaleigh and Diamondfan, it is really cute to have something that reminds you of the ''little joys in life'' and ''being a kid''. I work in Institutional Research and Admissions under a Dean at Penn and wear a crystal Disney pendant sometimes to work. Would I wear it to a presentation in front of the President? No, but everyday I wouldn''t think that much about it....

I think it takes a mature person to wear something ''fun'' and ''cute'' like a Hello Kitty pendant or something similar.
I agree, but also have to say Amy is as cool as they get when it comes to Presidents!! She has spunk!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Belle and Kaleigh too...

How about that get together?

Meow meow...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results