shape
carat
color
clarity

helllllp please..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's the "additional cloids not shown" that is causing issues. I wouldn't buy the stone. The video is a disaster, and the stone looks not well cut (from the video).

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's the "additional cloids not shown" that is causing issues. I wouldn't buy the stone. The video is a disaster, and the stone looks not well cut (from the video).

+1.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found your stone listed on two vendor sites. Around the $26k mark. At the end of the day, trust your gut. I wouldn't dump that kind of money on a stone I wasn't 100% warm & fuzzy about. Period.

I don't like the additional clouds not shown comment as others noted. Especially on a non-vetted stone.

Also, I do not like the brown undertones you are seeing in the video. I'm not sure which particular vendor sent you the video but it was their moment to shine and entice you to buy their stellar stone. Perhaps their technology sucks or perhaps there is an issue with the stone. Either way, they failed to impress when the odds were in their favor. Makes me wonder how else they may disappoint.

Lastly, no one touched on it so I will. GIA only reports undertones at certain levels:
  • Yellow: Nothing reported from D-Z color.
  • Brown & Grey: Nothing reported from D-J color.
  • Other: Nothing reported from D-F color.
In all 4 categories (yellow, brown, grey & other) no undertones would be reported on the GIA report since this stone is F color. Not saying the vendor is trying to pull a fast one on you, but if they were then they could use wording like "no undertones are reported" and be 100% accurate because of GIA requirements (even if undertones did exist on an F colored stone).

https://www.victorcanera.com/blog/diamond-color-undertones

original-GIA-Color-Grade-Boundries-for-Undertones-and-Fancy-Colors.jpg

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
They did send me a slightly better video but we will pass if you guys think it’s not worth further investigation.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't get over these horrible videos. Either this stone is a real dud, or the vendor is being exceedingly lazy/is terrible at his or her job. Their job is to make the stone look good, and show it doing what diamonds do, which is sparkle. This makes it look dead, tinted, and poorly cut. I'm just so confused about why any trusted vendor would send these videos. For 26k, I would 100% pass.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
So should we not trust this vendor even though it’s one of the vendors that are recommended through pricescope? The reps have been nice enough, (respond quickly), but if people feel they are hiding something with these less than great videos should we move on from their site entirely? For what it’s worth, they don’t have the stone in hand and are going by what the company who has the stone is sending. The color does seem improved, but we’ve only received a video from one other vendor before, so we aren’t exactly sure what quality to expect.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would assume that the videos they sent are the best that stone looks.
I am sure what ever vendor you are working with is not employing complete idiots. As a rule of thumb with businesses, they don't get paid if they don't sell any stones.

Either way I would not buy that diamond. I 100% doubt there is any chance they are trying to pull a fast one or they are trying to hide any flaws as the inclusions on and under the table are apparent and obvious and when set the owner of that stone will be eternally trying to clean it to get the spots off ( they wont come off as they are inclusions that will look like specks on the stone and reflect within it)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would assume that the videos they sent are the best that stone looks.
I am sure what ever vendor you are working with is not employing complete idiots. As a rule of thumb with businesses, they don't get paid if they don't sell any stones.

Either way I would not buy that diamond. I 100% doubt there is any chance they are trying to pull a fast one or they are trying to hide any flaws as the inclusions on and under the table are apparent and obvious and when set the owner of that stone will be eternally trying to clean it to get the spots off ( they wont come off as they are inclusions that will look like specks on the stone and reflect within it)
Agreed. I didn't mean to imply the vendor was trying to pull anything. Just that this stone looks pretty bad in the video. But the fact that OP said the vendor doesn't have the stone in hand means these videos aren't the vendor's fault. So it's not the vendor him/herself, it's the supplier who sent the vendor the videos. All and all, I wouldn't buy the stone or even consider it. But the further info means that I'm less upset at the vendor, so you don't need to disregard them. Just disregard the stone itself.

ctsamg

Rough_Rock
Is there a return policy? I got my stone with a less than ideal video, and it turned out great! With the return policy and the fact that I was working with a pricescope trusted vendor I took the leap and was very happy.

Some of the diamond vendors just aren't setup like the super ideals, but they can still have great diamonsa!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So should we not trust this vendor even though it’s one of the vendors that are recommended through pricescope? The reps have been nice enough, (respond quickly), but if people feel they are hiding something with these less than great videos should we move on from their site entirely? For what it’s worth, they don’t have the stone in hand and are going by what the company who has the stone is sending. The color does seem improved, but we’ve only received a video from one other vendor before, so we aren’t exactly sure what quality to expect.
It’s not that you “should not trust them”. They gave the GIA cert. They are probably providing the best videos they can get. They can only share the videos that the other seller provides them. It doesn’t change the quality of the videos and they suck. So you would trust your eyes. It’s not personal.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Dude, if that's an "F" I'm a giraffe.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Additional clouds not shown" is something I like to avoid in an SI diamond. I don't understand why they sent you those videos. They makes the stone appear brown with a slight pink tone in the first video. Fine in a fancy color diamond, not so fine as a modifier in a near colorless stone. The next video makes the stone appear lifeless.

At the very least they need to work on their lighting technique. I think I'd pass.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
"Additional clouds not shown" is something I like to avoid in an SI diamond. I don't understand why they sent you those videos. They makes the stone appear brown with a slight pink tone in the first video. Fine in a fancy color diamond, not so fine as a modifier in a near colorless stone. The next video makes the stone appear lifeless.

At the very least they need to work on their lighting technique. I think I'd pass.
Absolutely agree. On to something better!

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
It’s not that you “should not trust them”. They gave the GIA cert. They are probably providing the best videos they can get. They can only share the videos that the other seller provides them. It doesn’t change the quality of the videos and they suck. So you would trust your eyes. It’s not personal.

Yea I guess the effort just seemed so half hearted but they can only show what they receive from their vendor, thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results