shape
carat
color
clarity

helllllp please..

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, we are trying to figure out weather this diamond is ok. We tried to post a video, but couldn’t so all we have are these pretty bad screenshots. The diamond is 2+ carats and checks off all the boxes for proper cut parameters. It’s a si1 f, and the vendor says it’s eyeclean and is colorless. We can see the inclusions, but is that because it’s so close? It also looks brown, but they say it has no brown undertones. Is it their lighting? Also, it doesn’t seem to be throwing off a lot of color in the video even though it’s a great cut. Is that just the lighting? Or is it clouds. Does it look cloudy to you? If a vendor says it’s eyeclean does that also mean you shouldn’t see clouds?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
619E4C0C-ADB8-4B6E-A1F4-7398AA09856D.jpeg F5665F55-7223-465A-B476-1488894F0CBE.jpeg D04579B5-0424-4CDF-B79A-52B2E2BB8CE1.jpeg 056A83FB-3142-4623-B300-F6C69A89D55D.jpeg 64A9452D-10C3-4048-93B1-9CC9226F0A8D.jpeg
Hi everyone, we are trying to figure out weather this diamond is ok. We tried to post a video, but couldn’t so all we have are these pretty bad screenshots. The diamond is 2+ carats and checks off all the boxes for proper cut parameters. It’s a si1 f, and the vendor says it’s eyeclean and is colorless. We can see the inclusions, but is that because it’s so close? It also looks brown, but they say it has no brown undertones. Is it their lighting? Also, it doesn’t seem to be throwing off a lot of color in the video even though it’s a great cut. Is that just the lighting? Or is it clouds. Does it look cloudy to you? If a vendor says it’s eyeclean does that also mean you shouldn’t see clouds?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, we don't have enough info. Can you post measurements, certs, etc?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Here’s a video of the diamond on YouTube

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
When you say it is F color - what is the lab that graded the diamond?
It does look like it has brown undertones to it to me ... I think it’s a pretty color, but not sure if an F.

Its GIA

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont care what the report says, there are way too many inclusions for that stone to be mind clean and very possibly eyeclean at 4-6 inches. sorry.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
I dont care what the report says, there are way too many inclusions for that stone to be mind clean and very possibly eyeclean at 4-6 inches. sorry.

While we understand your feelings, we are not too concerned with being mind clean as far as clarity. We are also hoping for it to be eyeclean from a distance of about eight to ten inches, which the vendor has confirmed. The video is a bit concerning since the inclusions appear to be so visible, but we are trying to figure out if it’s just because of how close it was shot. It’s from a reputable vendor, so we don’t know if we’re being overly cautious when they assure us it’s good to go.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something I don't like about it. Can't tell if it's the color, cut, or other, but it doesn't look great to me. What's the price? Is there a lab report? What are the values on the report?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
GIA 2.5ct f color excellent cut aga cut class 1A
Does it seem cloudy?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please post the report number from GIA or the certificate in a picture. Is this stone laser inscribed with the GIA number or AGS?

the lighting doesnt look great in the video so it may be cloudy/milky but it is tough to guess.

What is the HCA score?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
The aga cut class tool said it was 1A. It’s Gia cert as excellent. 34.5, 40.8, 57. No fluorescence

Last edited:

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Please post the report number from GIA or the certificate in a picture. Is this stone laser inscribed with the GIA number or AGS?

the lighting doesnt look great in the video so it may be cloudy/milky but it is tough to guess.

What is the HCA score?

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
:(sad Could be the lighting (why they would send you a video in bad lighting I don’t know), but it does look tinted and from that video, to me the cut doesn’t look very good. Not symmetrical, not crisp, tidy faceting and the pattern doesn’t appeal to me much sorry ... this is just based on the images provided, could be very wrong?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
:(sad Could be the lighting (why they would send you a video in bad lighting I don’t know), but it does look tinted and from that video, to me the cut doesn’t look very good. Not symmetrical, not crisp, tidy faceting and the pattern doesn’t appeal to me much sorry ... this is just based on the images provided, could be very wrong?

Yeah I was hoping for a better video...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the girdle thin-med? how much $$$?

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Doesn’t look like an F to me

ctsamg

Rough_Rock
What's the return policy, I think you need to see it in person

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t feel comfortable posting GIA Cert numbers due to lurkers.
If you really want help from the experts here, you can you can at least type out the numbers from the cert.
The video wouldn't be any worse with the lights switched off. ZERO information from that one.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I think you need to ask the vendor what he means by eye clean ...

For what it’s worth, I think there was a poster on here somewhere that got an SI1 stone with clouds as the main characteristic. I think the vendor said that one was eye-clean as well ... but it turned out to have an overall cloudy look.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t feel comfortable posting GIA Cert numbers due to lurkers.

If this diamond is on hold, no one else can purchase it.
Please provide more info for those of us trying to assist you.

From the limited info provided, I believe the lighting in the video is terrible, and the stone may be reflecting color from the camera; it looks very dull & dim.
I also believe the inclusions are visible due to its position to the lens; it’s very close up.
“Eye Clean” is subjective, and you should be the ones to determine if this fits your expectations of “eye clean”, based upon what your eyes are comfortable with.
FWIW, without knowing your budget, I do believe you can find a more lively, brighter stone, around the same size (perhaps around 2ct?) in an ACA, Super Ideal Cut stone.
Even lower colored ACA/Super Ideals appear more white & crisp due to their superior cut.
Just a thought...

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lighting in the video is terrible. You can see in the lower right corner, there is a strong light with a pink cast. The diamond is reflecting that leading to a brown tint. I would be honest with the seller. You are looking for a F color diamond and they are showing you something that appears to be an L color. Can they shoot the video in outdoor, indirect light that does not alter the body color? The tinted video also will mask the appearance of some of the inclusions as they will contrast less with a tinted body.

Can you post the GIA cert with the number blacked out? Example below using a random stone. I cut off the top of the certification and the bottom, but this shows all the important information. At the very least, knowing the polish, symmetry, flour, clarity and all the angles will help folks guide you.

upload_2019-1-8_7-16-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-8_7-15-36.png
    upload_2019-1-8_7-15-36.png
    131.9 KB · Views: 11

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
The lighting in the video is terrible. You can see in the lower right corner, there is a strong light with a pink cast. The diamond is reflecting that leading to a brown tint. I would be honest with the seller. You are looking for a F color diamond and they are showing you something that appears to be an L color. Can they shoot the video in outdoor, indirect light that does not alter the body color? The tinted video also will mask the appearance of some of the inclusions as they will contrast less with a tinted body.

Can you post the GIA cert with the number blacked out? Example below using a random stone. I cut off the top of the certification and the bottom, but this shows all the important information. At the very least, knowing the polish, symmetry, flour, clarity and all the angles will help folks guide you.

upload_2019-1-8_7-16-3.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results