shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom Antique Diamond Snowflake Pendant

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
My stepmom was cleaning out her jewellery box recently and decided that this should live with me! :D :appl:

This belonged to my paternal great (-great?)-grandmother. She loved bling and sparkle, irrefutable evidence that this illness is genetic! :naughty: The pendant is silver and the diamonds are not very good, some have eye-visible flaws and some are blindingly white while others are a bit brown. They're all a mixmatch of cuts - some are rose cuts, some omc and others oec - so my stepmom suspects that the pendant is an amalgamation of several pieces of jewellery.

I love it even because of the story behind it but I am not sure if I will ever wear it. It's quite large and looks rather like costume jewellery.

I was also given a beautiful antique yellow gold emerald and dendritic agate brooch/pendant but I'm not sure if that would appeal to PS?

Terrible cell phone pictures, I know, but it is winter here in South Africa and dreadfully overcast. If anyone is interested I will take some more when the sun comes out.

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Trekkie
It is fab!! I am always drawn to snowflakes and stars in jewellery. I would love to see more "sunny" pictures of this and your other piece!!
:appl:
Great to see you I have missed you!! :wavey:

Ps. Just bumped an old thread in hangout when I was looking for you!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that it is big and blingy and an heirloom to
Boot!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! Unique and antique! What an awesome combo!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Susimoo, AmysBling and Yennyfire!

I'm glad you like it. It is quite large so if I do wear it, I think I'd prefer to wear it as a brooch. I was also wondering about cleaning it, seeing as it is essentially gold plated silver. Should I try to remove the black? Is it ok to leave it as it is?

I will take more pictures when the sun comes out!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
So pretty...neck shots!!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely Trekkie you lucky gal!!! I think as a broach it would be perfect, would love to see pics of your other piece.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that's really pretty!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look beautiful on one of those black cord necklaces or maybe on a black chocker (if you do chockers)!
Very nice piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results