shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dendon

Shiny_Rock
How do they photograph the ''Hearts and Arrows'' of a diamond? Is there a special camera or something they use? I understand the Hearts and Arrows viewer, but am confused about how those photographs are created?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is not so much the camera as it is the lighting conditions. here is a thread about h&a at the bottom there is information about obscuration and it''s effect on producing arrows.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mostly we just use a good camera stand and take the picture through the H&A viewers. The H were way harder for me than the A.

Wink

mkb

Rough_Rock
Hi Denise,
I use both a microscope or a camera. You don''t need a H&A viewer, just get the colour of shiny paper you want and make make a cilinder. You will need to play with the hight of the cilinder a little, experiment untill you''re happy. It is good fun too. If you use a H&A viewer, remove the viewer''s lens, it affects the quality of your picture.
br
luc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results