shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

judicator

Rough_Rock
Is it really worth getting a H&A diamond? Does it appear significantly more brilliant to the naked eye under light, only special lights, etc." Just wondering if money is being spent intelligently.

thanks

dominic

Rough_Rock
Have a read through this on GOG website. I found it very useful
28.gif

www.goodoldgold.com/hearts_and_arrows.htm

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Are you asking about the brand, or just the general category? I don''t bother with the brands. I just looked for Ideal cut diamonds. You can see the hearts and arrows in them just fine. I don''t feel the need to pay for the name.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
It's a personal decision. There is a premium for the extra time and rough needed to acquire this level of cut precision. I know people who believe that level of precision is worth the extra, and others who feel differently.

Not all H&A diamonds are created equally. If you do pay the premium, beware of phony H&A diamonds.

Here is some info I compiled on H&A standards , explaining that H&A is a type of cut (not a brand). They are marketed differently by different vendors. This link explains the extreme degree of precision which can be sought if you decide it's a direction in which you want to go.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cool thing is that you usualy can find a super-ideal h&a diamond online for around the same price or less than a less well cut diamond at a b&m.
So when you look at it that way there isnt a lot of cost premium to a super-ideal h&a diamond.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2005 5:16:20 PM
Author: strmrdr
The cool thing is that you usualy can find a super-ideal h&a diamond online for around the same price or less than a less well cut diamond at a b&m.
So when you look at it that way there isnt a lot of cost premium to a super-ideal h&a diamond.
Aha - but then f you are going to buy on-line you can pay less and get a non-H&A''s for less thast performs as good or better than many H&A''s

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2005 6:33:13 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Aha - but then f you are going to buy on-line you can pay less and get a non-H&A''s for less thast performs as good or better than many H&A''s
How can one tell ? Aside the superideals, there may be a dozen listings with anything more than GIA stats on board. Nothing to talk about there
7.gif

carina

Rough_Rock
Don''t fall for any brand that mention things like hearts and fire or similar words in any of that market play, it''s surely a waste of hard earned money. Just buy an excellent to very good cut diamond. Mine is a GIA very good cut and will blind you with glitz and sparkle of all kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results